Author Topic: Bush: Marshall Law Act 2007  (Read 3332 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush: Marshall Law Act 2007
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:42:58 PM »
Bush’s Martial Law Act of 2007 modifies the Insurrection Act and deals yet another blow to the Posse Comitatus Act. “Section 1076 of the massive Authorization Act, which grants the Pentagon another $500-plus-billion for its ill-advised adventures, is entitled, ‘Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies,’” explains Morales. “Section 333, ‘Major public emergencies; interference with State and Federal law’ states that ‘the President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of (’refuse’ or ‘fail’ in) maintaining public order, ‘in order to suppress, in any State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy.’”
........................ ........................ ...................... ........................ ...............

According to a press release from the office of Senator Patrick Leahy, the bill takes a “sizable step toward weakening states’ authority over their [National] Guard units, according to the congressional leaders who are leading the fight for Guard empowerment.” Leahey and senator Kit Bond, a Montana Republican, “said the conference agreement is expected to include a provision making it easier for the President to declare martial law, stripping state governors of part of their authority over state National Guard units in domestic emergencies. The provision is opposed by the National Governors Association and by key leaders in both the House and Senate.”
........................ ........................ ...................... ........................ ..............

I thought state rights were part of being a conservative.

???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Bush: Marshall Law Act 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:53:39 PM »
Bush’s Martial Law Act of 2007 modifies the Insurrection Act and deals yet another blow to the Posse Comitatus Act. “Section 1076 of the massive Authorization Act, which grants the Pentagon another $500-plus-billion for its ill-advised adventures, is entitled, ‘Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies,’” explains Morales. “Section 333, ‘Major public emergencies; interference with State and Federal law’ states that ‘the President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of (’refuse’ or ‘fail’ in) maintaining public order, ‘in order to suppress, in any State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy.’”
........................ ........................ ...................... ........................ ...............

According to a press release from the office of Senator Patrick Leahy, the bill takes a “sizable step toward weakening states’ authority over their [National] Guard units, according to the congressional leaders who are leading the fight for Guard empowerment.” Leahey and senator Kit Bond, a Montana Republican, “said the conference agreement is expected to include a provision making it easier for the President to declare martial law, stripping state governors of part of their authority over state National Guard units in domestic emergencies. The provision is opposed by the National Governors Association and by key leaders in both the House and Senate.”
........................ ........................ ...................... ........................ ..............

I thought state rights were part of being a conservative.

???

One of the biggest reasons I'm not a republican...  These days I can find more examples of liberals fighting for states rights.  I honestly think we're about 3/4 way through a flip in parties again... 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 01:15:34 AM »
It's Martial Law.

Not Marshall.

The Marshal Mathers LP was good though.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 02:28:07 AM »
It's Martial Law.

Not Marshall.

The Marshal Mathers LP was good though.

YIP
Zack
you did really......cuz i thought it was a bit over rated  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 03:13:46 AM »
Hmm..Yes the Slim Shady LP was somewhat better.  ;D

THE ROCK

• Getbig II
  • It doesn't matter what your name is!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 03:49:13 AM »
Chuck Norris practices martial law
Do you smell it?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 03:49:44 AM »
Chuck Norris practices martial law
chuck norris is teh law >:(

OneBigMan

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 04:02:56 AM »
Seems like many of my republican friends believe in severe law and order type of measures since Dick Wolf's spin off shows started. All of this makes me think that all the remaining angry republicans are not truly conservatives with values. Looks more like they are constrictatives instead of conservatives. There is a big difference between the two since law and order is connected to the police since they are becoming big time militarists based on the fact that they are tired of losing one of their own in the line of duty to violent perps whp roam thestreets at night.

Depending on what state you live in, look out for the possibility of a curfew that the governor can implement if there is any reason to. I hope I'm not the only one who is planning to leave the LA area and this state soon since it is becoming less and less safe to live in Arnold's state.

THE ROCK

• Getbig II
  • It doesn't matter what your name is!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 04:10:01 AM »
republicans suck
Do you smell it?

OneBigMan

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 06:05:21 AM »
BTW, when does this supposed Martial Law Act go into affect on what date.

I'm assuming that some flexible governers are going to have a conference call to discuss all the proposed measures before they become legit and do whatever they are intended to do besides reducing the amount of hardcore street crime.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 07:02:50 AM »
some of you guys need to read a little more into what FEMA can and can't do as well...

with the fell of a pen..FEMA would run this country if the president felt the need for it to do so though i don't see it happening after the katrina incident....seriously guys.  Do a fema search on google and it will say just that...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush "Tools Up" To Fight Americans With Civil Suppression Bill
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 11:06:27 PM »
The Bush Junta has quietly "tooled up" to utilize the U.S. military in engaging American dissidents after the next big crisis, with a frightening and overlooked piece of legislation that was passed alongside the Military Commissions Act, which greases the skids for armed confrontation and abolishes posse comitatus.

Frank Morales' recent article, Bush Moves Toward Martial Law, succinctly outlines the nuances of what the bill authorizes and why it is potentially more dangerous to freedom in America than even the Military Commissions Act.

"Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."

"Section 1076 of the massive Authorization Act, which grants the Pentagon another $500-plus-billion for its ill-advised adventures, is entitled, "Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies." Section 333, "Major public emergencies; interference with State and Federal law" states that "the President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of ("refuse" or "fail" in) maintaining public order, "in order to suppress, in any State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Bush "Tools Up" To Fight Americans With Civil Suppression Bill
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 11:39:08 PM »

??? "unlawful combination, or conspiracy"  ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 11:50:55 PM »
240, we're just going to keep getting our threads merged until we get a politcal board...  Nothing says shut the fuck up quite like having a new topic shoved to the end of a thread that everybody is pretty much done with. 

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 12:10:40 AM »
Nothing says shut the f**k up quite like having a new topic shoved to the end of a thread that everybody is pretty much done with. 

Actually, I can think of something that says shut the f**k up better

how about

"shut the f**k up"

:D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 12:14:04 AM »

Actually, I can think of something that says shut the f**k up better

how about

"shut the f**k up"

:D

Yea, no shit...  Thanks for confirming you suck as a mod.  That's what I just said, stop making me repeat myself :-*

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 12:17:13 AM »
dear guy

you won't be missed  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 12:20:33 AM »
dear guy

you won't be missed  ;)
Are you threatening me... You have something in mind... Pm me, or just come out and say it... grow a pair.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 12:24:30 AM »
lol...you mean like internet rage?

sure makes you look silly when you think about it hey  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 12:28:17 AM »
lol...you mean like internet rage?

sure makes you look silly when you think about it hey  ;D
What the fuck are you talking about?.... I think you suck as a mod... I had nothing in mind about this escalating to something serious,... but when you go and say I won't be missed, well wtf are you trying to say bubba... You got some internet rage you want to take to a new level?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 12:40:41 AM »
well.... I imagine that there are some who might take a suggestion of their demise as reason for pre-emption.  Maybe you should clear things up there Bigger.  What the fuck are you trying to say?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 02:46:06 AM »
are you still here? haha beserker what are you talking about...demise and pre emption

mother of pearl man, get some sleep

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 02:48:51 AM »
dear guy

you won't be missed  ;)

Oh, why do you want people to sleep in the middle of the day :-\

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 03:03:05 AM »
well i was simply suggesting there are several other boards you can visit if you dont like the way mods do what we're asked to do here. there are boards (alphabet) that have looser moderating as stated in their descriptions.

you do post up some quality stuff from time to time...would like to see more variety from you though. All in all a somewhat solid effort, just think you invest a little too much emotion into the internet.

oh yeah...whats for lunch?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 03:23:41 AM »
well i was simply suggesting there are several other boards you can visit if you dont like the way mods do what we're asked to do here. there are boards (alphabet) that have looser moderating as stated in their descriptions.

you do post up some quality stuff from time to time...would like to see more variety from you though. All in all a somewhat solid effort, just think you invest a little too much emotion into the internet.

oh yeah...whats for lunch?
Just ate a barbecued buffalo burger. ;D