Author Topic: smacking kids  (Read 3290 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
smacking kids
« on: November 03, 2006, 06:13:40 AM »
Do you think you should be able to hit your kids if they mess up?

The way I see it, if youre allowed to hit your kids you should be able to hit your wife or husband if they act up

whats the difference?

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: smacking kids
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 06:26:17 AM »
i think as long as you arent excessive and you are not doing it out of your own anger there is no problem

and goatboy, in your case ill add "as long as you keep the little buggers pants ON" >:(

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 06:27:57 AM »
man my parents would beat me till the meat showed >:(

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »
i think as long as you arent excessive and you are not doing it out of your own anger there is no problem

so does the same principle apply for your partner...as long as its not out of anger?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:29:34 AM »
so does the same principle apply for your partner...as long as its not out of anger?
dude i dont think your  partner is gonna mess up like a little kid would :-\

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 06:30:21 AM »
youre never gonna ride shotgun in my pimp mobile with that kinda mouth on you

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 06:32:21 AM »
If you hit your kids, the kids must be allowed to hit you back when they are strong enough.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 06:32:31 AM »
Good point, but there's smacking and there's SMACKING (kicking the living shit out of 'em) I got the latter, and often lol

When kids are smacked it's either out of anger or frustration which is not a good thing

Smacking women is not my thing

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 06:33:21 AM »
youre never gonna ride shotgun in my pimp mobile with that kinda mouth on you

clubber lang is his name and the mutha ffuca coming straight outta compton

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 06:35:13 AM »
dude i dont think your  partner is gonna mess up like a little kid would :-\

so if you can hit a kid for say...not taken out the trash....you cant hit your partner for fucking the postman?

and for Debussey

i was able to beat my 'father' in an armwrestle when I was 14

he never laid hands again  :D

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 06:35:45 AM »
clubber lang is his name and the mutha ffuca coming straight outta compton

im the whitest guy you ever did see, but my street cred is that of a nubian warrior with a 15 inch schlong

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 06:36:41 AM »

and for Debussey

Good.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 06:37:09 AM »
so if you can hit a kid for say...not taken out the trash....you cant hit your partner for fucking the postman?

and for Debussey

you discipline a kid to teach them right from wrong if your partner is fucking teh mailman at an age were she knows better than its time to walk away

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 06:37:37 AM »
Were you a wife beater BB?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 06:40:05 AM »

Spare the frying pan... spoil the man I always say.  Beat them silly is the way to go!  :)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 06:42:39 AM »

hell no diesel  >:( nor a child beater

thats my point though, some people suggest that punishing kids by hitting them is ok, but then if you hit anyone else in the community youre charged with assault

If you cant control a child without duke'n them then you shouldnt be a parent for mine

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »

despite the many rumors you here on getbig, not all short blond bodybuilders from australia beat their women. i think its a pro thing ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 06:48:37 AM »
so if you can hit a kid for say...not taken out the trash...

There would have to be a more serious infraction than that and then only a spanking with the hand (never a farm implement etc) depending on the age of the kid.  And not intended to hurt them physically, but more to hurt their pride and make the point that their behavior was unacceptable.

My mom used to beat my sister and I until one night I had had it so I fought back.  Needless to say, she lost the fight.  SHe never touched me in anger again.....she still beat my sister though :-\

R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 06:50:22 AM »
Spare the frying pan... spoil the man I always say.  Beat them silly is the way to go!  :)

lol.

Spanking is fine.  We were spanked and came ut fine and respecting adults. 

body88

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 06:51:15 AM »
All hiting a child does is teach them violence is the answer to conflict/problems You know all the bullies that your kids come home crying about? How much would you like to bet there father beats the shit out of him when he does wrong?

There is no reason to smack your child. Why not just smack your wife? She is prob only 30 lbs less than you. A kid is most likely 1/3 your size.

There are plenty of ways to discapline a kid without smacking them. Before I get the " I was hit and it was the best thing for me garbage", that may be true in your case. But when you add up all the numbers hitting children does far more damage than good. It is a cycle that never ends. My father beat the shit out of me growing up when I did wrong. I will never hit my child when I have one. All that did was teach me violence was a way to solve problems when I was a kid.

The year is 2006. Not 1922. Learn how to raise your kids without smacking them around ::)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 06:52:41 AM »
lol.

Spanking is fine.  We were spanked and came ut fine and respecting adults. 

so...why not hit your partner?

by your logic, she'll come out 'fine'

body88

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 06:56:04 AM »
so...why not hit your partner?

by your logic, she'll come out 'fine'

Why spank the child? Give me a reason why fear, intimidation and pain is the answer to your kid acting out in a way you do not like. If you spank him lightly there is no point to even do it.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 06:56:37 AM »
adults are already formed.  lol

Honsetly a spanking is not a bad thing.  Beating kids is another story.  All this BS time out, or go to your room stuff is weak.  Ok so i color the walls and get a 10 minute timeout, big punishment.  Sending kids to their room is like a vacation.  Unless you take everything they have away from them its not a punishment.  Face it, you learn from pain.  Just when i train in martial arts,positive reifnofrcemnt is for the girls.  we learned and learned well through pain nad punishment.  Kids today have no repsect for authority and most of thses were probably raised on the powder puff principles of time outs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 06:57:05 AM »
I think I was spanked probably 4 times in my life.  And I remember every one.  Each time it was because I was warned not to walk into the street, which I for some reason liked to do.  I must have been 4 or 5, and it's still clear as day to me.  Warning, warning, then I just charged right out after the city bus.  

With my own baby (a month old now), I hope I'll never have to. My wife is a teacher and really good with discipline/high expectations so I'll probably follow her lead.  I might swat his rear 3 or 4 times in life should he run into traffic, but I really hope I won't have to... as a parrent now, I can see how that woudl huurt the parent, more than the child.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 06:58:21 AM »

There are plenty of ways to discapline a kid without smacking them. Before I get the " I was hit and it was the best thing for me garbage", that may be true in your case. But when you add up all the numbers hitting children does far more damage than good. It is a cycle that never ends.

I was beaten but I think spanking can be appropriate.  (no comments from you Clubber >:( )

What is inappropriate is being pulled out of bed at 3am because you didn't clean the kitchen properly, smacked and punched and screamed at.  That is BS.

And you're right, it's a vicious cycle.  But my mom never beat us as badly as she was beaten.  She was beaten until she cried or bled every single day.  Beaten w/farm implements etc.  We called her stepdad "the mean old man."  He's dead now :)  (forgive me for that one  :-[)
R