Author Topic: WWE  (Read 4030 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
WWE
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:30:04 AM »
I think that it is a bunch of crap! Nevertheless there are 2 good athletes: Batista and Lashley! They are big, strong and fairly fast. Do you guys think that these 2 wrestlers could make a good figure in MMA? What could they do to become real fighters? Some people say they could make immediate impact, but I don't think they could... What's your opinion?
S

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: WWE
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:46 AM »
if they dediated themselves to learning MMA then sure they have a chance.  Buy wrestling they have learned certain techniques, but it is a different sport

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 08:43:25 AM »
Depends on if they wanted to get down to business and learn how to fight....for real.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »
I highly doubt they could make an immediate impact without proir training in either submission grappling (like Bjj or Sambo), Wrestling (real), or some sort of striking element (Boxing or Kickboxing).  They may be big and athletic, but just that alone won't get you far in MMA.  I remember about four or five years ago an NFL footbal player ( I think from the Eagles),challenged UFC veteran and Cesar Gracie protege, Gil Castillo.  Basically all that happened was Castillo subitted the guy four times in four minutes (it wasn't a sanctioned bout, just a dojo challenge)  I would expect the same to happen to Batista and Lashley, just look a Sean O'haire, and that's because he's been training for a couple years now.  I remember reading a Saul Soliz interview (the guy that trains Tito, Ricco, Lister and the rest of team punishment) and he said in order to even hold your own in MMA you would need at least 2 years of Bjj and 2 years of boxing or kick boxing, and that's just for a beginner not an upper caliber fighter.
Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:39:40 PM »
Most of the WWE athletes would struggle immensely in small shows.  They do not possess the skill set necessary to be successful.  Not to mention the wear and tear their bodies have taken from the "fake" fighting.  Most don't have a rudimentary knowledge of greco or freestyle wrestling.  BJJ would be needed as would boxing/kickboxing.  Even when you come in with a background like Brock Lesnar, you would still struggle.  So the answer is NO. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 02:59:47 PM »
Yeah batista is a huge freakshow and has a solid body butFedor would man handle him no problem.... But i think Batista could punish old Tim "the REDNECK" and become ufc champion or at least for a week..... ha-ha

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 04:15:55 PM »
No...

In all sincerity, I enjoy "sports entertainment", but very few "superstars" could compete in MMA.  Now guys like Lashley w/ an amateur wrestling background could learn MMA skills, but the others would have to get serious training.

I do respect what they do; you have to be tough as hell to bump like that night after night, but it doesn't necessarily mean you can fight...

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 10:11:19 PM »
Most of the WWE athletes would struggle immensely in small shows.  They do not possess the skill set necessary to be successful.  Not to mention the wear and tear their bodies have taken from the "fake" fighting.  Most don't have a rudimentary knowledge of greco or freestyle wrestling.  BJJ would be needed as would boxing/kickboxing.  Even when you come in with a background like Brock Lesnar, you would still struggle.  So the answer is NO. 

i don't know what the 'small' shows in the USA are like, but from what i've seen of the guys on tv up here in the smaller shows it's a pretty big step down from the UFC. i think some of the guys in the WWE are pretty decent athletes and would do alright against the lower level competition at the smaller shows.
Go Big Red!!!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 10:16:58 PM »
I think that it is a bunch of crap! Nevertheless there are 2 good athletes: Batista and Lashley! They are big, strong and fairly fast. Do you guys think that these 2 wrestlers could make a good figure in MMA? What could they do to become real fighters? Some people say they could make immediate impact, but I don't think they could... What's your opinion?

Did you actually just say that Batista is a good athlete??  hahahah, the guy runs backwards into the ropes.  He is among the least talented in ring wrestlers in the entire company and if not for his 6'6" height with some musculature would never, ever be even on the wwe.  he has two left feet and is the furthest thing from and athlete.  I don't know I guess I just expect athletes to be able to run, move side to side, agility etc.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »
Did you actually just say that Batista is a good athlete??  hahahah, the guy runs backwards into the ropes.  He is among the least talented in ring wrestlers in the entire company and if not for his 6'6" height with some musculature would never, ever be even on the wwe.  he has two left feet and is the furthest thing from and athlete.  I don't know I guess I just expect athletes to be able to run, move side to side, agility etc.

Yeah but if Tim "the RedNeck" had Batista on top of him on the ground, performing some ground and pound i do believe shitbrick would beat the hell out of old timmy boy.. but Tim would dominate the Big Shitbrick stand up... i suppose... i dont know how anyone gets dominated by that ugly monster.... i pray he losses his belt.... PLEASE GOD JUST DO ME THAT ONE FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:54:57 AM »
I do like jeff monson over Tim, but as far as batista in UFC or any fight org....no way!  The guy is not a good wrestler at all...no skills on the amatuer level, even his staged punches in wrestling look ridiculous....not that he has a physique capable of placing top 15 at nationals, but he does train and may have some "cosmetic" strength, but too me it's show and no go for Batista...I don't even know why he's in the position in WWE he is...he is terrible and has no mic skills as weel...if he was 6' he would not have even gotten a quick look by wwe.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 11:27:36 AM »
Lashley was a state champ high school level wrestler and I think he was an all american in college wrestling.  I could be wrong.  Batista would get eaten alive, he's got tons of injuries and I don't think he can move the way he would have to to be succesful in mma.  Kurt angle if he was younger and not so beat to shit could have done well in MMA, I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any.  remember when Taz wrestled?  He was supposed to be ECW's mma type of guy, he knew a ton of thorws and stuff, maybe he could have done well but he is totally trashed these days, his neck is destroyed.
nasser=piece of shit

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
I do like jeff monson over Tim, but as far as batista in UFC or any fight org....no way!  The guy is not a good wrestler at all...no skills on the amatuer level, even his staged punches in wrestling look ridiculous....not that he has a physique capable of placing top 15 at nationals, but he does train and may have some "cosmetic" strength, but too me it's show and no go for Batista...I don't even know why he's in the position in WWE he is...he is terrible and has no mic skills as weel...if he was 6' he would not have even gotten a quick look by wwe.

Good (but not ridiculous) physique
+decent ink
+2-3 moves

RAMPAGE23

• Getbig II
  • GOD'S SOLDIER
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 07:46:59 PM »
I guess it depends on what batista and lashely practice outside of the wrestling ring. I know Goldberge praticed mma outside the ring. and there was a time were they fought he was going to compete. but he didnt. And also the Undertaker also does mma training. but both of them are proberly to old now.
AUSTRALIA

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 02:21:44 AM »
i don't know what the 'small' shows in the USA are like, but from what i've seen of the guys on tv up here in the smaller shows it's a pretty big step down from the UFC. i think some of the guys in the WWE are pretty decent athletes and would do alright against the lower level competition at the smaller shows.

The problem is they don't have the necessary skill set to do well in MMA.  Today's MMA fighters are well rounded with one specialty.  Brock Lesnar was getting pounded and choked out with regularity at MFS.  He is much better than Batista (don't know the other dude, I don't watch wrasslin).  Ben Rothwell would put a beating on pretty much everyone from the WWE.  Mike Whitehead would as well.  Rashad Evans would have all of them on their backs eating fists and elbows.  So NO WAY!  Sean O'Haire is a good example. 

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 09:04:22 PM »
Is that Militech your refering to?  If so, Brock hasn't even been training a couple months...can you imagine what Brock would have done to these guys..ANY of the MMA guys at 2 months into their training.  Give the guy at least 2 years before you judge his true ability.  Did you see what happened to a very acomplich Cabbage in August when he lost to a former WWE wrestler?  I can't think of the guys name but he was a tag wrestler in wwe.  he was the guy that lost to Butterbean a few years ago in a boxing match at wrestle mania...now he beats cabbage...not bad for a wrestler.  As for batista no way , he don't got the legit tools to learn mma well as is very evident by his two left feet in wrestling....

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 10:18:23 PM »
Is that Militech your refering to?  If so, Brock hasn't even been training a couple months...can you imagine what Brock would have done to these guys..ANY of the MMA guys at 2 months into their training.  Give the guy at least 2 years before you judge his true ability.  Did you see what happened to a very acomplich Cabbage in August when he lost to a former WWE wrestler?  I can't think of the guys name but he was a tag wrestler in wwe.  he was the guy that lost to Butterbean a few years ago in a boxing match at wrestle mania...now he beats cabbage...not bad for a wrestler.  As for batista no way , he don't got the legit tools to learn mma well as is very evident by his two left feet in wrestling....

Bart Gunn was the wrestler that beat Cabbage.  Lesnar is raw, athletic, and a great wrestler, but he will need work on his standup and sub defenses.  He was a neophyte at the time, but Matt Hughes was having his way with him.  Lesnar was a Div I champ, he is the exception, Batista dude doesn't have the experience that Brock does. 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 08:38:59 AM »
all you have to do is look at Shamrock after he returned from WWE. He was a nothing, a punch bag for people looking to make a name for themselves. There are only a handful of guys who could compete in MMA that wrestle, and thats 2-3 years down the line when they dedicate themselves to it. Kurt Angle would have been phenomenal 5 years ago
Scouser on Tour

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 10:47:47 AM »
this is a joke.

wwe guys spend a lot of energy trying NOT to hurt each other.

mma is the opposite.

they train slow as molasses for dramatic effect and all that extra bulk kills their stamina and amplifies the problems with technique and stamina.

as pointed out, look at shamrock when he came back: too much size, stamina gone, punch gone and went downhill on the ground AND HE WAS A SEASONED FIGHTER.

as i said, a joke.