Author Topic: Nolvadex needed after winstrol cycle?  (Read 5021 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Nolvadex needed after winstrol cycle?
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:47:36 AM »
This is a straight cycle of injectible winstrol, not the tabs.  I know that test is recomended with it , but this is not for a growth phase but getting close to contest and need to get as hard as possible phase.  Does Winstrol aromatize into estrogen?  Should Nolvadex be taken after a cycle?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Nolvadex needed after winstrol cycle?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:19:38 AM »
Should Nolvadex be taken after a cycle?

would it hurt?

id take nolva for any cycle....id rather be safe...then sorry later

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »
This is a straight cycle of injectible winstrol, not the tabs.  I know that test is recomended with it , but this is not for a growth phase but getting close to contest and need to get as hard as possible phase.  Does Winstrol aromatize into estrogen?  Should Nolvadex be taken after a cycle?

No, Winstrol does not aromatize.

Provided that is all you've used, the Nolvadex is pointless.

If you're just wanting a cutter for pre-contest cutting, the Winstrol should be fine as long as your diet is good.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:41:18 AM »
Does Winstrol aromatize into estrogen? 

There has been substantial debate over whether or not Winstrol aromatizes or not.  In the absence of a 3-keto group (needed for androgen binding) it is a rather weak androgen.  It is also a 5-alpha reduced compound (5-alpha reduction essentially disrupts the bond at the 4th and 5th positions, which is required for estrogen conversion via aromatase), and this has lead to the belief that Winstrol may have some use in blocking estrogen from other steroids it is stacked with.  This concept appears to be unsubstantiated, however.

Winstrol has also been touted to have significant antiprogestagenic effects due to binding at the progesterone receptor, without progesterone stimulation.  Nonetheless, for these reasons Winny has been felt to be a good "cutting" drug. The current feeling is that it does not aromatize, or if it does, it does so only weakly.

I have no experience with a Winstrol-only cycle.  If you are thinking of doing this without any concomitant anti-estrogen therapy, it might be adviseable to have these ancillaries on hand in case symptoms of estrogen conversion occur.  This would be true after the cycle as well.

Certainly, if anyone has any first-hand experience with this, please share the experience with us...

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »

Nolvadex isn't a bad ideal for pre-contest.  It will help reduce the amount of water your holding.  I usally start 20 days out or so.  But if it is not for pre-contest and as pct with a winny only cycle don't waste your money.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »
There has been substantial debate over whether or not Winstrol aromatizes or not.  In the absence of a 3-keto group (needed for androgen binding) it is a rather weak androgen.  It is also a 5-alpha reduced compound (5-alpha reduction essentially disrupts the bond at the 4th and 5th positions, which is required for estrogen conversion via aromatase), and this has lead to the belief that Winstrol may have some use in blocking estrogen from other steroids it is stacked with.  This concept appears to be unsubstantiated, however.

Winstrol has also been touted to have significant antiprogestagenic effects due to binding at the progesterone receptor, without progesterone stimulation.  Nonetheless, for these reasons Winny has been felt to be a good "cutting" drug. The current feeling is that it does not aromatize, or if it does, it does so only weakly.

I have no experience with a Winstrol-only cycle.  If you are thinking of doing this without any concomitant anti-estrogen therapy, it might be adviseable to have these ancillaries on hand in case symptoms of estrogen conversion occur.  This would be true after the cycle as well.

Certainly, if anyone has any first-hand experience with this, please share the experience with us...

I have read the research you listed and while there is a posssibility of minor aromatization, in my experience it was not noticeable which is why I don't believe it does.

I do believe Winstrol has anti-progestagenic effects at the receptor level as you described, which is why I recommend it be used concurrently with Deca.  Seems like a perfect combination for obvious reasons.

I don't think Nolvadex is really needed in his case.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:42:26 AM »
Thanks guys, ask and you shall recieve.  I searched google and gathered the information I could find prior to posting this topic, but nothing is more true then from the mouth of babes.  It is your experience that I am asking for and not what is posted on google.

Thanks guys for your input.