Author Topic: Why this is the Best Sport  (Read 2940 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Why this is the Best Sport
« on: November 03, 2006, 10:53:30 AM »
The other day as I went to the gym, I thought about how there are very few things in life that give back exactly what you put into it.  Relationships? Good luck, you may or may not.  Family?  No control there either.  Your job?  It depends on your employer, maybe you get recognized/rewarded, maybe not.
Team sports?  You can train like crazy and a teammate can mess it up.

But when I look in the mirror, for better or worse, I know that this is exactly what I earned in the gym and from my nutrition.  If I want better, I will work harder and the results will follow.

That is why there is nothing else like this sport . . .

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Why this is the Best Sport
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:09:01 AM »
Trouble is, nobody recognizes it as a sport. Even some bbers.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 09:11:50 AM »
True, but hopefully you agree, we don't care what "they" think.  If we did, we'd probably be practicing another sport.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »
True, but hopefully you agree, we don't care what "they" think.  If we did, we'd probably be practicing another sport.
Even when i didn't really know what bodybuilding was, I looked at it as a sport. People have tried to prove me wrong many times and thats fine, thats their opinion on it. you CAN bodybuild without stepping on stage. I dedicate my whole day to it and i've never competed.
bodybuildersreality.com

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:58:34 AM »
If you were to consider competitive BB'ing a sport than you would have to include ballet as a sport.  BB'ing, in my view, is an artistic endeavor not so much an athletic one. One is self absorbed in  sculpturing the body with an eye to size, texture and proportion for their own individual artistic expression. If this sounds a little too gay and not manly, that is not always the case. Artistic does not mean gay. There is a great challenge for anyone to work through blood, sweat and tears to achieve development and harmony to the human body. The ego blends with the artist.

Midnite Rambo gives a perfect insight into what a personal thing BB'ing can be. A creed for every one who seriously steps into a gym to train. Not a sport but a way of life.

Good Luck.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 08:39:51 AM »
If you were to consider competitive BB'ing a sport than you would have to include ballet as a sport.  BB'ing, in my view, is an artistic endeavor not so much an athletic one. One is self absorbed in  sculpturing the body with an eye to size, texture and proportion for they own individual artistic expression. If this sounds a little too gay and not manly, that is not always the case. Artistic does not mean gay. There is a great challenge for anyone to work through blood, sweat and tears to achieve development and harmony to the human body. The ego blends with the artist.

Midnite Rambo gives a perfect insight into what a personal thing BB'ing can be. A creed for every one who seriously steps into a gym to train. Not a sport but a way of life.

Good Luck.

I don't mind if it is called an art rather than a sport.  Thanks for recognizing what I was trying to get at as to why there is nothing more rewarding in my view than improving your body (and also your mind) through bodybuilding.  I have nothing but immense respect for all of my fellow brothers and sisters in iron and I try to be worthy of our art/sport.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 10:19:34 AM »

I don't mind if it is called an art rather than a sport.  Thanks for recognizing what I was trying to get at as to why there is nothing more rewarding in my view than improving your body (and also your mind) through bodybuilding.  I have nothing but immense respect for all of my fellow brothers and sisters in iron and I try to be worthy of our art/sport.

good to hear!!
bodybuildersreality.com