Author Topic: Vitorin/cholesterol med & AAS  (Read 1812 times)

Funk Shuei

• Getbig I
Vitorin/cholesterol med & AAS
« on: November 03, 2006, 12:31:40 PM »
My doctor just gave me a script for vitorin because my cholesterol values were so bad.  How will this effect any future cycles, if any?  Am I done forever?  Will the combo of the two be a big mistake?  I was thinking of a future cyp cycle.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Total chol - 322
Triglycerides - 179
HDL - 38
LDL - 248

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
Re: Vitorin/cholesterol med & AAS
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 12:49:05 PM »
testosterone won't have much effect...If the amount used is higher than 400 week than you could see a HDL reduction.  Triglycerides won't change from testosterone.  Your numbers are very high thouh and the high triglycerides shows that your diet has too much carbs and sugar.  get on a 50 grams of carbs per day nutritional program, eaten in the am, from oats only (1cup) with water and watch your trig drop to under 100.  With numbers that high I would have your homocysteine checked and start using 1200 mcg folic acid/day and 500 Pantathiene (not patothenic acid per day)....No sugar, 50 grams carbs only from oats, and NO saturated fat at all and in 2 months yo'll have normal levels.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »
My doctor just gave me a script for vitorin because my cholesterol values were so bad.  How will this effect any future cycles, if any?  Am I done forever?  Will the combo of the two be a big mistake?  I was thinking of a future cyp cycle.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Total chol - 322
Triglycerides - 179
HDL - 38
LDL - 248

JESUS.........JESUS!   :o

Your LDL is off the chain and your HDL is dying a slow death!   :-[

Get off the orals (if you're using any) and start taking in Fish Oil/Flaxseed Oil.

Before going on Vytorin, I'd recommend you try niacin and see if that helps...

Statins should be used as a last resort.  :-X

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

bea

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 07:32:55 AM »
I take Flaxseed Oil all the year and now my cholesterol is good, I don't take oral for more  that 4 to6 weeks.
bea

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
Actually, Testosterone will have a huge impact on your cholesterol levels.  Test will lower HDL and raise LDL, which really isn't what you need right now.

As much as it pains me to say this, I would stay away from androgens for a while.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »
Actually, Testosterone will have a huge impact on your cholesterol levels.  Test will lower HDL and raise LDL, which really isn't what you need right now.

As much as it pains me to say this, I would stay away from androgens for a while.

How can you say that?  If you can show me your studies that used under 400 milligrams of testosterone( which is really only about 280 milligrams).  Your comment would suggest that when your natural test level is at it's highest your cholesterol levels and ratios should be their worst....and they are not, they are their best.  As test levels decline your total value will increase.  It is true that excessive use (over a couple cc) can cause a reduction of hdl, but total and ldl will not be effected......Your nutrition is the key!  Steroid hormones like nandrolone, boldenone, winstrol will affect your cholesterol (specifically hdl) levels but testosterone at 300 milligrams a week will not have any negative effect.  Don't eat sugar, Don't eat more than 50 grams of carbs per day, DON'T eat saturated fat, DON'T take anti estrogens and DON'T take any oral steroids at all (NONE) and take the right nutritional supplements once the drug brings down your current level and you will be fine.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »
How can you say that?  If you can show me your studies that used under 400 milligrams of testosterone( which is really only about 280 milligrams).  Your comment would suggest that when your natural test level is at it's highest your cholesterol levels and ratios should be their worst....and they are not, they are their best.  As test levels decline your total value will increase.  It is true that excessive use (over a couple cc) can cause a reduction of hdl, but total and ldl will not be effected......Your nutrition is the key!  Steroid hormones like nandrolone, boldenone, winstrol will affect your cholesterol (specifically hdl) levels but testosterone at 300 milligrams a week will not have any negative effect.  Don't eat sugar, Don't eat more than 50 grams of carbs per day, DON'T eat saturated fat, DON'T take anti estrogens and DON'T take any oral steroids at all (NONE) and take the right nutritional supplements once the drug brings down your current level and you will be fine.

You are correct in your assertion that low Test supplementation will not adversely affect lipid levels, though the original poster never mentioned what type of dosing schedule he was considering and I doubt he was thinking of 300MG Test ew.

We all know that 17AA orals lower HDL, and we know how diet can influence cholesterol on a wide scale.

You just fail to understand the context of the post.

People don't ask questions about their cholesterol and cyclying future if they are only considering running 300MG Test ew.......that is barely above HRT dosing.

I tend to think he would be cycling something around 750MG-1G and that would affect both HDL/LDL...

DIV

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 10:28:34 PM »
In that case I say you are correct.  If he does use that kind of dose it will not be good for ch levels or ratios. 

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 02:27:23 AM »

On that note, I have never advocated anyone take less than 800mg of test/week for any reason.  You are right, at 400/week you are barely replacing the natural test you shut down, but that would be "hormone replacement" therapy not "bodybuilding."

Bottom line is that test (and all androgens) will raise your bad cholesterol levels through the roof.  Adding a bunch of red meat and no cardio, and you have a heart attack waiting to happen.

No one here is using test at such a low dosage, so what you are saying doesn't apply to this thread.  Everyone here is probably juiced to the gills when they are "on," so what I said is very applicable.

Where the hell did you get 400 mg/week from anyway??  As DIV pointed out, I don't see any numbers in his post.

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 02:31:35 AM »

Secondly........And I will be nice here.

The nandrolone family is not especially known for raising cholesterol levels, not sure where you got that from....

Anti-estrogens will limit his water retention which will keep his blood pressure lower.  If he has high cholesterol the last thing he needs is a high BP...they go hand in hand sometimes, I can speak from experience.....in fact, some Doc's will give you a cholesterol drug to lower your BP.

Funk Shuei

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 11:03:09 AM »
Thanks everyone for your input!  Yes I am sad to say I'll be staying away for a good amount of time.  I have posterior Labrum (spelling) surgery coming up.  I have no idea what to expect during rehab.  I hate to say it but I might be in for some serious muscle loss! (had a theory that the test would have helped in recovery and keeping muscle?) I will go back and review past post about diet etc..... I need to learn!!!!!!!!

Thank you again to all, it is nice to have an extended family/friends with great amounts of knowledge.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 12:11:16 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input!  Yes I am sad to say I'll be staying away for a good amount of time.  I have posterior Labrum (spelling) surgery coming up.  I have no idea what to expect during rehab.  I hate to say it but I might be in for some serious muscle loss! (had a theory that the test would have helped in recovery and keeping muscle?) I will go back and review past post about diet etc..... I need to learn!!!!!!!!

Thank you again to all, it is nice to have an extended family/friends with great amounts of knowledge.

Funk Shuei!!!!!!   :o

You fucked up your labrum?   :-\

Do you realize what kind of rehab that is going to require?

Some professional athletes never come back from that, and there is a good probability that you might never be able to engage in heavy pressing movements again.

If you are out of training for any significant length of time, not only will  you experience muscle atrophy, but also the weakening of the surrounding tendons, ligaments and supportive joint tissue.

This does not bode well for your immediate future.

If you decide to use AAS during your rehab, I would recommend you use Deca-Durabolin because it has joint recuperative abilities and blocks cortisol at the receptor sites in the cartilage tissue.

This would aid you in your recovery, in addition to Deca being a strong anabolic drug.

I hope everything goes well, FunkMonk.

DIV