Author Topic: Return to training/ AAS  (Read 2386 times)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Return to training/ AAS
« on: November 03, 2006, 12:52:08 PM »
Nursed a shoulder injury from a car accident in July, FINALLY had surgery done last week. After rehab is completed (probably 6 weeks) I will return to the gym full force.

Obviously I will be taking gains in stride as to the level of training I will be able to do....question is:

When do you guys think would be a good time to start AAS use again? I dont want to start to soon, but I dont want to wait a year either.

any suggestions...opinions welcome

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Return to training/ AAS
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 01:16:08 PM »
Nursed a shoulder injury from a car accident in July, FINALLY had surgery done last week. After rehab is completed (probably 6 weeks) I will return to the gym full force.

Obviously I will be taking gains in stride as to the level of training I will be able to do....question is:

When do you guys think would be a good time to start AAS use again? I dont want to start to soon, but I dont want to wait a year either.

any suggestions...opinions welcome

You're going to wait a year because I'm telling you to, Wesley.  >:(

The shoulder is a sensitive muscle bundle and needs time to regain core strength and stability before you jump back on the AAS gravy train.

Resist the temptation....

Your training should focus on isolation movements to regain strength in each portion of the shoulder girdle.

Front, Rear, Side......

After you have a core foundation built back up with no setbacks, you can jump back on the Sustanon train.

I say a year......no less!

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 01:43:56 PM »
What kind of surgery was it? Reconstructive, a simple scope, what?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »
What kind of surgery was it? Reconstructive, a simple scope, what?

damaged meniscus (sp), ground down the bone (acromium), and decompressed the biceps tendon.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 02:46:18 PM »
Wes--- whats up punk   :-*

NADA bro...finally got that shit taken care of!!!!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »
You're going to wait a year because I'm telling you to, Wesley.  >:(

The shoulder is a sensitive muscle bundle and needs time to regain core strength and stability before you jump back on the AAS gravy train.

Resist the temptation....

Your training should focus on isolation movements to regain strength in each portion of the shoulder girdle.

Front, Rear, Side......

After you have a core foundation built back up with no setbacks, you can jump back on the Sustanon train.

I say a year......no less!

DIV

really? interesting...

i have rehab 2 days a week, and have been consistent with my additional exercises daily....daily ice, etc. i plan to continue rehab for at least another 6 weeks....then begin my own road to RECOVERY....not standardized training.

personally, i was thinking in the 18 week region until beginning regular training....but a year DIVVY?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 08:47:27 PM »
really? interesting...

i have rehab 2 days a week, and have been consistent with my additional exercises daily....daily ice, etc. i plan to continue rehab for at least another 6 weeks....then begin my own road to RECOVERY....not standardized training.

personally, i was thinking in the 18 week region until beginning regular training....but a year DIVVY?

It's your life and your shoulder, lil' Wesley.

Considering it wasn't reconstructive surgery, I suppose you could aim for six to nine months, but the odds of reinjury to the area is higher.

It's up to you and how you feel.

I'd be absolutely certain that the shoulder capsule is fully healed before dealing with the Darkside again.

You fuck up that shoulder again you can forget about heavy pressing movements for the rest of your life.   :-X

DIV

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 09:10:45 AM »
It's your life and your shoulder, lil' Wesley.

Considering it wasn't reconstructive surgery, I suppose you could aim for six to nine months, but the odds of reinjury to the area is higher.

It's up to you and how you feel.

I'd be absolutely certain that the shoulder capsule is fully healed before dealing with the Darkside again.

You f**k up that shoulder again you can forget about heavy pressing movements for the rest of your life.   :-X

DIV

true about turning to the darkside.....gonna give that plenty of time..

another question....

what have you heard in regard to "adequan"?

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »
I wish you luck bro on your recovery.

Train Hard, and when your done...... Train Harder

U

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 11:18:54 AM »
what have you heard in regard to "adequan"?

I clinical studies it's proven to repair and rebuild cartiliage in horses, though there are no studies using humans.

If you were to try it, I'm not sure what dosage would be optimal.

Let us know if you do decide to do it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8283322&dopt=Abstract

DIV

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 02:48:56 PM »
I clinical studies it's proven to repair and rebuild cartiliage in horses, though there are no studies using humans.

If you were to try it, I'm not sure what dosage would be optimal.

Let us know if you do decide to do it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8283322&dopt=Abstract

DIV

the dosages seem to be the same in horses...and dogs, 2 ml per pound of body weight....so i would assume a 200lb human would be 400mg a week.

i might try to get it....im going to read more.....

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 02:50:53 PM »
I wish you luck bro on your recovery.

Train Hard, and when your done...... Train Harder

thanks man...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 02:58:31 PM »
the dosages seem to be the same in horses...and dogs, 2 ml per pound of body weight....so i would assume a 200lb human would be 400mg a week.

i might try to get it....im going to read more.....

You could get in to trouble with assuming things about a drug that wasn't intended for human consumption. 

Just because some AAS can be used in both animals and humans doesn't mean it applies to other drugs.

In addition, even if it works as intended, you don't know of the possible sides that might come attached.

I just read all there is to read on it, and it's pretty cut and dried for me.

Looks like it should work well for cartiliage restoration and re-growth, yet I'm not willing to be a human guinea pig just yet.

Let me know, though, if you do decide to try it....

Perhaps create a thread with your observations.

DIV

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 09:03:27 PM »
You could get in to trouble with assuming things about a drug that wasn't intended for human consumption. 

Just because some AAS can be used in both animals and humans doesn't mean it applies to other drugs.

In addition, even if it works as intended, you don't know of the possible sides that might come attached.

I just read all there is to read on it, and it's pretty cut and dried for me.

Looks like it should work well for cartiliage restoration and re-growth, yet I'm not willing to be a human guinea pig just yet.

Let me know, though, if you do decide to try it....

Perhaps create a thread with your observations.

DIV

more research is needed on this.....this could be an important instrument in our "line of work"

im gonna take the reigns and get to the bottom of this drug. tomorrow i will call my vet, and tuesday i will discuss it with my orthopedic and rehab guys.

i will keep everyone posted...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 07:54:50 AM »
more research is needed on this.....this could be an important instrument in our "line of work"

im gonna take the reigns and get to the bottom of this drug. tomorrow i will call my vet, and tuesday i will discuss it with my orthopedic and rehab guys.

i will keep everyone posted...

Good luck with this endeavor....

I can already see the words coming out of your ortho's mouth: "You want to take what?!?!::)

Wesley: "Yes, doc, but it's used to rebuild and repair cartiliage."

Ortho: "I won't sanction this method of treatment!"

Wesley: "Dorothy Mantooth will be highly upset if you don't."

Ortho: "If Dorothy Mantooth could be persuaded to suckle my mantooth, perhaps my mind could be changed......"  :D

Wesley:  :o

DIV

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 04:34:12 PM »
11-7-06 update

talked to vet. he said that horse trainers have been using it on themselves for years. he said that it is actually used in europe....but the FDA doesnt really see it as a "money maker" over here for humans. then he warned me and all that junk.....

but he said.....use your discretion

guys at physical therapy: no idea what i was talking about....but i got the standard "doesnt sound good if its for horses and dogs" . hopefully they are all studying on their computers tonight and see the light...

but i doubt it

so i ordered some for my friends dog who has hip problems today......we shall see if the ordering process is easy or not.

more updates to come

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 04:51:03 PM »
11-7-06 update

talked to vet. he said that horse trainers have been using it on themselves for years. he said that it is actually used in europe....but the FDA doesnt really see it as a "money maker" over here for humans. then he warned me and all that junk.....

but he said.....use your discretion

guys at physical therapy: no idea what i was talking about....but i got the standard "doesnt sound good if its for horses and dogs" . hopefully they are all studying on their computers tonight and see the light...

but i doubt it

so i ordered some for my friends dog who has hip problems today......we shall see if the ordering process is easy or not.

more updates to come

I don't think you'd have any problem ordering it for yourself, it's not a controlled substance.

I've ordered Finaplix online and that was an anabolic steroid, so you can imagine how lax it is ordering vet drugs.

It's going to be interesting seeing what dosage you try...

DIV

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 08:32:35 PM »
i dont think it will be a problem either...but many legitimate online vet companies require prescriptions as well....so...well see

i think i will down the dosage a bit....its always better to "up dose" then having to back down after its too late.

im looking into 300mgs twice a week for 4 weeks

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 08:38:08 PM »
i dont think it will be a problem either...but many legitimate online vet companies require prescriptions as well....so...well see

i think i will down the dosage a bit....its always better to "up dose" then having to back down after its too late.

im looking into 300mgs twice a week for 4 weeks

The only bad thing I could forsee is the possibility of too much cartilage build-up in the joints which would present a whole new problem.

That would be a nightmare.....

DIV

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 09:31:34 PM »
I totally believe in taking steriods to help heal an injury or surgery.
I tore my pectoral back in january.
I have been cycling on and off ever since. I feel it has sped up the healing.
It also keeps muscle from wasting away.