Author Topic: If i am saved by accepting......  (Read 3075 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
If i am saved by accepting......
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:40:54 PM »
Here's a question:

If i am saved by accepting Jesus Christ as my savior, and that he died on the cross for my sins....  why try not to commit sins?  Why not just go around and sin anytime i feel like it?

I'm still saved right?  I'll still go to heaven right?  Isn't that what the Bible says?

Becuase tonite I'm going to sex outside of marriage with 3 women and then I'm going to lie about it, then i'm going to wish i could have sex with my neighbor's wife and own his house.  After wards  I'm  going to eat fig newtons until i pass out or start seeing tracers.  then i'm going ot have a meditation party and make contact with spirits,  then I'm ging to a Mormon church and drink coffee in front of all of them and then I'll call some one father who is not my father in heaven and then play in repeptitive verses until my tounge stops from muscle failure.  then i'm going to buy meth from a gay massage therapist and snort it off my wife's ass while she has gay sex with another woman.

BUT don't worry:  I'M STILL SAVED!

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: If i am saved by accepting......
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 04:47:35 PM »
one would think a saved heart couldnt sin, but i think the official explanation is a saved heart trys to avoid sin so if youre saying your saved but making zero effort otherwise youre fuct

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 06:26:40 PM »

Here's a question:

If i am saved by accepting Jesus Christ as my savior, and that he died on the cross for my sins....  why try not to commit sins?  Why not just go around and sin anytime i feel like it?

I'm still saved right?  I'll still go to heaven right?  Isn't that what the Bible says?

Becuase tonite I'm going to sex outside of marriage with 3 women and then I'm going to lie about it, then i'm going to wish i could have sex with my neighbor's wife and own his house.  After wards  I'm  going to eat fig newtons until i pass out or start seeing tracers.  then i'm going ot have a meditation party and make contact with spirits,  then I'm ging to a Mormon church and drink coffee in front of all of them and then I'll call some one father who is not my father in heaven and then play in repeptitive verses until my tounge stops from muscle failure.  then i'm going to buy meth from a gay massage therapist and snort it off my wife's ass while she has gay sex with another woman.

BUT don't worry:  I'M STILL SAVED!

OzMo, when a person is saved, their spirit/soul which is eternal is saved....they are forgiven....they realize their need for a Savior and have accepted Jesus Christ as such.

Meanwhile, we are still living in the flesh and none of us are unable to continue to sin because of this because the flesh does not "get saved."  I guess this also explains why the body (usually) dies.

That being said, let's look at Romans 6:14 - 18

"For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.  

What then?  Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace?  By no means!  Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey - whether you are slaves to sin which leads to death, or to obedience which leads  to righteousness?  

But thanks be to God that though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you have been entrusted.  You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."
R

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 07:11:53 PM »
  If you get saved and then purposefully and intentionally lead a sinful lifestyle afterward, you'll bring the heavy hand of God's wrath upon your life. You'll never be perfect--and you should accept that with a sense of relief rather than compromise--but you should try to avoid sin, and try hard.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 07:17:02 PM »
i would like to point out how silly it is that morality is black and white (when it comes to rape and murder according to some people here) yet your eternal fate comes down to a judgement call by god (aka the grey area)

:D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 09:11:19 AM »
you're dreamy   :)

OzMo, when a person is saved, their spirit/soul which is eternal is saved....they are forgiven....they realize their need for a Savior and have accepted Jesus Christ as such.

Meanwhile, we are still living in the flesh and none of us are unable to continue to sin because of this because the flesh does not "get saved."  I guess this also explains why the body (usually) dies.

That being said, let's look at Romans 6:14 - 18

"For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. 

What then?  Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace?  By no means!  Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey - whether you are slaves to sin which leads to death, or to obedience which leads  to righteousness? 

But thanks be to God that though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you have been entrusted.  You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."

Ok...so....ahhhh.....If I continue to sin, but are saved, do i still go to heaven?

And....   So then is it a questioin of how much of a slave you are to righteousness?  Or does that not matter becuase in the end you "are forgiven" anyways?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 10:50:01 AM »
John 6:37-39

"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day"

Once you were born again, your spirit became a "new creation" seated in heavenly places.

God doesnt erase your name out of the book of life because you commit sin. The only sin that is unforgivable is rejecting Jesus. God will finish the work that he started in you.

But if you dont follow God's commands, you may experience hell on earth (disease, suffering, depression, loss....ect). God wont reward you like he does a obedient disciple. When you sin, you are opening the door to the devil.

Also Christians who openly sin have to deal with the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

In heaven, you will have to give an account for your actions and will be rewarded according to your works.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 10:59:09 AM »

"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day"

Once you were born again, your spirit became a "new creation" seated in heavenly places.

God doesnt erase your name out of the book of life because you commit sin. The only sin that is unforgivable is rejecting Jesus. God will finish the work that he started in you.

But if you dont follow God's commands, you may experience hell on earth (disease, suffering, depression, loss....ect). God wont reward you like he does a obedient disciple. When you sin, you are opening the door to the devil.

Also Christians who openly sin have to deal with the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

In heaven, you will have to give an account for your actions and will be rewarded according to your works.

So long as i accept Jesus Christ as my savior, it doesn't matter how much i sin, I'm still going ot heaven?

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 10:59:14 AM »
Stolen any DVD's lately Royalty?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 11:03:24 AM »
royalty,
maybe i am misunderstanding you but it seems that you are saying that if we accept jesus we can sin and still end up in heaven? ( basically what OZMO is asking)

When we become saved we are using the term Christians( which means to be Christlike) we are attempting to use the life of Jesus as an influence on ourlives. many of us fail miserably but keep on turning around and that is because as stella says the flesh is weak.
I am a grown ass man

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 11:26:45 AM »
Ok...so....ahhhh.....If I continue to sin, but are saved, do i still go to heaven?

Yes.

And....   So then is it a questioin of how much of a slave you are to righteousness?  Or does that not matter becuase in the end you "are forgiven" anyways?

I'm not sure I understand this question.  But if you are asking if I believe "once saved, always saved,"  yes, I believe that.

I like your new pastor Royalty :)

So long as i accept Jesus Christ as my savior, it doesn't matter how much i sin, I'm still going ot heaven?
Yes.  That is correct. 

Stolen any DVD's lately Royalty?

I'm sure Royalty is quite grateful that he has been forgiven for that.  Just as I am grateful for being forgiven for my many many many sins.

royalty,
maybe i am misunderstanding you but it seems that you are saying that if we accept jesus we can sin and still end up in heaven? ( basically what OZMO is asking)

That is correct.  If you are truly saved you cannot "lose" your salvation.  You didn't do anything to "earn" it anyway.  No one can be good enough to "earn" salvation.  Good thing for us it is a FREE GIFT! :D

When we become saved we are using the term Christians( which means to be Christlike) we are attempting to use the life of Jesus as an influence on ourlives. many of us fail miserably but keep on turning around and that is because as stella says the flesh is weak.

yes, and we have the Holy Spirit to help us and to also "convict" us when we screw up.
R

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 11:36:49 AM »
Yes.

I'm not sure I understand this question.  But if you are asking if I believe "once saved, always saved,"  yes, I believe that.
I like your new pastor Royalty :)
Yes.  That is correct. 

I'm sure Royalty is quite grateful that he has been forgiven for that.  Just as I am grateful for being forgiven for my many many many sins.

That is correct.  If you are truly saved you cannot "lose" your salvation.  You didn't do anything to "earn" it anyway.  No one can be good enough to "earn" salvation.  Good thing for us it is a FREE GIFT! :D

yes, and we have the Holy Spirit to help us and to also "convict" us when we screw up.

Have you stolen 200 DVD's as well Anabella Stella?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 11:40:25 AM »
Have you stolen 200 DVD's as well Anabella Stella?

well, no but I've got plenty of skeletons myself  :P
R

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 11:41:23 AM »
well, no but I've got plenty of skeletons myself  :P

You must find Gary Busey in your life. He is god.

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 11:49:30 AM »
You must find Gary Busey in your life. He is god.

why did you make me look at a pee pee dressed up as a cowboy :P

But I liked the part about moving all the furniture outside of the house and putting the dog in there to watch to see how he would live.  ;D

R

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 11:52:25 AM »
why did you make me look at a pee pee dressed up as a cowboy :P

But I liked the part about moving all the furniture outside of the house and putting the dog in there to watch to see how he would live.  ;D

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 12:01:23 PM »

I guess I didn't "get" this one?  The first one was pretty funny though (even though there were some disturbing images in it :P ).
R

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 12:10:15 PM »
I guess I didn't "get" this one?  The first one was pretty funny though (even though there were some disturbing images in it :P ).

The great lessons of God (Gary Busey):

"Fear = False evidence appearing real" - GOD (Gary Busey)

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 12:41:49 PM »
Here's a question:

If i am saved by accepting Jesus Christ as my savior, and that he died on the cross for my sins....  why try not to commit sins?  Why not just go around and sin anytime i feel like it?

I'm still saved right?  I'll still go to heaven right?  Isn't that what the Bible says?

Becuase tonite I'm going to sex outside of marriage with 3 women and then I'm going to lie about it, then i'm going to wish i could have sex with my neighbor's wife and own his house.  After wards  I'm  going to eat fig newtons until i pass out or start seeing tracers.  then i'm going ot have a meditation party and make contact with spirits,  then I'm ging to a Mormon church and drink coffee in front of all of them and then I'll call some one father who is not my father in heaven and then play in repeptitive verses until my tounge stops from muscle failure.  then i'm going to buy meth from a gay massage therapist and snort it off my wife's ass while she has gay sex with another woman.

BUT don't worry:  I'M STILL SAVED!

ever look up the definition of grace? IIRC, grace has a big role in salvation.

Just b/c one didn't sleep w three underage girls, then do some meth and repeat, doesn't mean that one has magically become deserving of salvation . . . the bible isn't big on degree (if you lust in your mind, you might as well have screwed the objects of your lust) . . .  I guess the idea is that if you miss it by an inch, you might as well have missed it by a mile.  a concept that most people have difficulty with . . .

but, yeah, grace has no relation to works. There's that parable in the New Testament about the vineyard owner who goes out in the morning and hires a bunch of white guys, and then goes out about an hour before quitting time and hires a bunch of illegal Mexicans . . . at quitting time, he pays them both the same. This parable is really interesting b/c it brings the notion of "works" into consideration. 

Note: some liberties might have been taken in my retelling, but the gist is the same. The "Prodigal son" has pretty much the same theme.

So yeah, Mr. Hitler might be in heaven if he truly repented and accepted Christ before death, whereas Dr. Schweitzer might not be if he hadn't.

DOesn't go down easy.

I guess the important qualification is that God judges the heart. in other words, he decides whether you have truly repented or not.  Perhaps doing what Hitler did requires a hardness of heart that makes it impossible to repent?  The bible does have examples of men whose hearts were too hardened to repent.

Perhaps if one continues to retain a propensity to sin w/o qualms, one has not truly repented?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 02:10:09 PM »

Perhaps if one continues to retain a propensity to sin w/o qualms, one has not truly repented?

The spirit instantly becomes perfect and sinless when a person is born again.

The mind/soul still has : pride, bad habits, lustful thoughts, and greedy desires. It often takes a while to mature into an obedient disciple.

Overcoming your minds old habits is difficult but it can be done. Then you can "workout your salvation" (this means that your perfect spirit works "out" into mind and body. Then you will not even want to sin)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 04:00:01 PM »
and the difference between "spirit" and "mind/soul" is ??

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 04:03:54 PM »
and the difference between "spirit" and "mind/soul" is ??

Your spirit is your "heart" (not your literal heart organ)

your soul is your: emotions, psyche, mind

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 04:12:47 PM »
and the difference between "heart" (not your literal heart organ) and "emotions, psyche, mind" is ??