Author Topic: Books on Nutrition  (Read 1103 times)

Zapzoo

• Getbig I
Books on Nutrition
« on: November 04, 2006, 02:40:38 PM »
Hi.  This is my first post I have been lurking here for a while.  I have neen working out 4 times a week for about 6 months now and I have decided that I want to step it up.  My biggest hold up is diet.  Is there any books that you would recomend that cover nutrition form the stand point of a body builder.  I am looking for information on suppliments and basic food intake.  I have to keep everyting legal because of my job but that is a whole nother story. 

Any help and guideance would be appriciated. 

If it helps I will be 25 in a month.  I am 6'2 251 (as of a week ago) and yes I am as of right now still a fatass.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: Books on Nutrition
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 02:51:31 PM »
Not sure about any certain book, but there are numerous posts here about diets. There is a sticky thread here with sample diets for "cutting/bulking." If you are a "fatass" then try a cutting diet. A few things you wanna look into are your Basal Metabolic Rate, Body Fat Percentage (just for record), and your target heart rate for cardio.

Its all on here just use the search feature. And if you dont find it here then Google it.

Good luck!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »
I had the same problem as you, I have been training for a while but my diet was shit.  I purchased The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.  It has so so sooo sooooo much info on diet and everything else in bodybuilding.  I highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Encyclopedia-Modern-Bodybuilding-Revised/dp/0684857219
S

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 10:04:44 PM »
AHHH NOLD knows  ;)  well kinda

off topic , watched that lou ferigno doco (come back masters O) the other night....what a waste of god damn time!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:44:11 PM »
Here are two: Ultimate Sports Nutrition (Hatfield) and
Power Eating (Kleiner)

Hatfield try to get at the library, Power Eating is in bookstores.