Author Topic: Im relocating to Europe  (Read 4691 times)

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
Im relocating to Europe
« on: November 05, 2006, 04:15:09 AM »
Im planning on relocating from Australia to Europe in the next 12 months.

However, I not yet sure where. Any opinions of a bodybuilding friendly place to reside???

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
Re: Im relocating to Europe
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 04:43:36 AM »

However, I not yet sure where. Any opinions of a bodybuilding friendly place to reside???
Being an American that relocated from US to Norway for business and school - I can tell you this, go some where in the UK as I assume you speek English - or to a place that you know the language. Unless you are good with learning a new language fast. Gyms are gyms and gym rats are gym rats - go to a place where you can find a job!!!!
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 04:49:14 AM »
Being an American that relocated from US to Norway for business and school - I can tell you this, go some where in the UK as I assume you speek English - or to a place that you know the language. Unless you are good with learning a new language fast. Gyms are gyms and gym rats are gym rats - go to a place where you can find a job!!!!

Thatsw some good advice right there...i suggest you take it..
?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:02:52 AM »
Britain is a shithole. Goto Germany or a Scandinavian country. The Netherlands/Denmark have a high proportion of English speakers.

Why are you moving? Do you have to? If not, I recommend staying where you are!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 05:07:14 AM »
i'd opt for scandinavia too..p4eople are more civilized there...and it's bb'ing friendly, however booze is super expensive...my advice is to head where u can make a decent income...job first....all else is sure to follow

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 05:21:40 AM »
Well I'll say this if you go to Scandinavia go to Sweden, it's allot more bbing friendly than Norway - in Norway many of the gyms 3T, and SATS have very few free weights and the dumbells only go up to 36-38kilos, and the majority of good supps like NOXplode , celltect, Nitric Oxide are illegal :( Luckly I live right next to the most hardcore gym in Norway that has allot of great people and sells good supps. As for all that people being more civilized shyt, well I'm not a pussy and I grew up on the south side of Chicago lived in ATL and LA, so to me all of Europe (western) is pretty mild.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 05:27:42 AM »
come to liverpool la.

We love are squats up ere.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 05:34:54 AM »
Sweden

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 05:38:13 AM »
Funny that you want to move from Australia to Europe.  It seems to go to the other way much more often.  In case you're considering Britain here's an interesting forum for British expats; they have a lot of information about Britian and how it compares to places they moved (US, Australia, Canada, etc.)

http://forums.british-expats.com/

I've moved around a bit.  Every place has its ups and downs and some places are better than others, but the positives and negatives have a tendency to balance out. 

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 05:44:01 AM »

London is heaving with Aussies, you should feel at home there. I suggest going to Ireland. lots and lots of pubs and great friendly people

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 05:49:03 AM »
Most bodybuilding friendly...

IMO would be Chech Republic, Lithuania or Finland. Spain has lots of good gyms too.

And of course Sweden. Sweden IMO is the best place in the world to live for natural powerlifting.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 06:23:31 AM »
go to pakistan, afghasnistan or iraq

land should be cheap, great beaches and lots of hot babes. The local economy has no where to but up and they love foreigners. And oh yeah, if anyone ask just say that you are a American citizen that should win browny points with the locals
Here comes the money shot

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 07:05:08 AM »
Q: Why was the Swede so happy after he finished the jiggsaw puzzle in six months?
A: Because the box said 2 - 4 years.

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »
Well I'll say this if you go to Scandinavia go to Sweden, it's allot more bbing friendly than Norway - in Norway many of the gyms 3T, and SATS have very few free weights and the dumbells only go up to 36-38kilos, and the majority of good supps like NOXplode , celltect, Nitric Oxide are illegal :( Luckly I live right next to the most hardcore gym in Norway that has allot of great people and sells good supps. As for all that people being more civilized shyt, well I'm not a pussy and I grew up on the south side of Chicago lived in ATL and LA, so to me all of Europe (western) is pretty mild.

Haralds Gym then, lastrep72? Do you know Samuel, btw?

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »
I think he trains at Kaliber Gym. btw; kk67 is the most hardcore :o. Hei på deg.

Hallå. Not often you read things in Norwegian here;-)
So... Haralds Gym isn't what it used to be? Kaliber Gym, Grorud?
Where is KK67?
Anyway, i have to agree that there is a huge difference on bodybuilding
Norway vs Sweden. It is much more accepted in sweden

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 12:16:37 PM »
Most bodybuilding friendly...

IMO would be Chech Republic, Lithuania or Finland. Spain has lots of good gyms too.

And of course Sweden. Sweden IMO is the best place in the world to live for natural powerlifting.

YIP
Zack
Can you elaborate on why you say that for Sweden and Finland? As someone who has lived in both of those countries (in Stockholm and in Helsinki), I am interested to hear your views.

And, btw, Helsinki > Stockholm. Even trying to rent a place in the latter is hell.

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 10:07:45 PM »
Haralds Gym is still the dominating gym in Norway when it comes to bbing. Kaliber Gym is in Trondheim.
You can read about kk67 here:http://www.iform.no/pub/art.php?id=700
Agree with you on the norway-sweden situation.
Ok man I stand corrected KK67 looks to be the most hard gym in Norway - I remeber folks talking about it, it's way out side of T.heim by the airport. That shyt looks like a true Iron dungeon. I see they got pics of big Rikard - he and his lady train at Kaliber at night now, I just saw dude their last thursday night, I had come in just to hit some shrugs and he was in there. Man that's one big mofo, makes you feel small just standing next to him - real kool guy also.

Yeah this shit looks pretty hard-core
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 11:14:56 PM »
Britain is a shithole. Goto Germany or a Scandinavian country. The Netherlands/Denmark have a high proportion of English speakers.

Why are you moving? Do you have to? If not, I recommend staying where you are!

The reason being I work offshore on oil rigs, PSV, Rig Tenders, etc. My employee will be deploying me to Mexico, Spain, anywhere really. If I declare my income in Australia Im gonna be taxed $80k a year, and I dont want that. I dont want to be taxed AT ALL.

So, I plan to relocate overseas, work 6 months offshore, and spend 3 months in Europe and 3 in Australia. Plus I hear the european women are hot.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 03:52:58 AM »
The reason being I work offshore on oil rigs, PSV, Rig Tenders, etc. My employee will be deploying me to Mexico, Spain, anywhere really. If I declare my income in Australia Im gonna be taxed $80k a year, and I dont want that. I dont want to be taxed AT ALL.

So, I plan to relocate overseas, work 6 months offshore, and spend 3 months in Europe and 3 in Australia. Plus I hear the european women are hot.

White Australians and white Americans all came from Europe, the women are the same everywhere...

If I was you i'd go to Mexico brother, now THOSE women ARE hot!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

Working offshore in Norway will make you a rich man!

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 01:26:21 AM »
Working offshore in Norway will make you a rich man!
That's true 800K-600K NOK a year!!
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 05:19:27 AM »
That's true 800K-600K NOK a year!!

But that's only ~£50k a year. Unless he can get round the taxation issues he might as well stay in Aussie land, plus the weather is superior in Aussie land, the Norsk weather will kill the fucker!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »
Can you elaborate on why you say that for Sweden and Finland? As someone who has lived in both of those countries (in Stockholm and in Helsinki), I am interested to hear your views.

And, btw, Helsinki > Stockholm. Even trying to rent a place in the latter is hell.

Lots of powerlifting and strength training gyms in both of those countries, often built-in with sports centers and open to the public. Most of these non-commercial gyms are owned by the members and high class, with membership fees at around $100-200 per year.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 08:37:13 AM »
women in europe aren't as hot as they're cracked up to be. i've traveled to many corners of europe and in my opinion they don't hold a candle to california women. not to mention in the US you get to choose your flavor  :D

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 08:48:51 AM »
Forget about the scandanivan countries.Go to London!I lived there for a while as a teenager and i still think it 's one of the gratest cities in the world!