Author Topic: l-dopa for prolactin control?  (Read 4034 times)

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
l-dopa for prolactin control?
« on: November 05, 2006, 02:52:52 PM »
It is known that the prescription antidepressant Remeron signifigantly elevates dopamine which has been shown to drastically reduce prolactin... so if I were to purchase the dietary supplement dopa bean which contains 15% l-dopa (the precursor to dopamine) what dose should I run it at to get close to the same effects as Remeron for prolactin control during PCT?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: l-dopa for prolactin control?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »
It is known that the prescription antidepressant Remeron signifigantly elevates dopamine which has been shown to drastically reduce prolactin... so if I were to purchase the dietary supplement dopa bean which contains 15% l-dopa (the precursor to dopamine) what dose should I run it at to get close to the same effects as Remeron for prolactin control during PCT?

I think your logic is flawed.

Just because it contains 15% of the pre-cursoer to dopamine doesn't mean it will work as effectively as a prescription drug, and even if there was a set amount to take to get that effect it wouldn't be cost efficient.

Why don't you just get some Cabergoline and stop with the OTC supplements?   :-\

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:19:49 PM »
Good point ;D I was just wanted some food for thought because I can purchase dopa bean in bulk for an extremely cheap price from a local nutrition store... I could actually get a prescription for Remeron because I take Effexor XR right now... I could just tell my doc that I wanna try something else and he would give me a month's sample of the stuff... I just wanted to know at what dose a supplement like dopa bean could match its effects.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:31:19 PM »

Why do you think you will have a problem with prolactin?  This is not at all common.  If you start to lactate then worry, which I have never seen or heard off from gear.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 05:45:54 PM »
Why do you think you will have a problem with prolactin?  This is not at all common.  If you start to lactate then worry, which I have never seen or heard off from gear.
Prolactin issues can come with cycles including tren and it is not that uncommon. I've been discovering that while I really like tren, and I have no problems with it, a lot of guys do. Of course, like with most drugs, there are ways to get around possable problems, it's simply that a lot of guys are too dumb to do so.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 06:01:27 PM »
Prolactin issues can come with cycles including tren and it is not that uncommon. I've been discovering that while I really like tren, and I have no problems with it, a lot of guys do. Of course, like with most drugs, there are ways to get around possable problems, it's simply that a lot of guys are too dumb to do so.

And how is it they know these "issues" are from prolactin?  How are they sure it's not really estrogen causeing these problems blamed on prolactin, do they have tests done or just guessing?  Or are they thinking since they are taking some sort of estrogen control......"It's got to be something else"  Is this the reasoning?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »
And how is it they know these "issues" are from prolactin?  How are they sure it's not really estrogen causeing these problems blamed on prolactin, do they have tests done or just guessing?  Or are they thinking since they are taking some sort of estrogen control......"It's got to be something else"  Is this the reasoning?
Good points, but look at this way:

Cycle 1: guy runs a basic cycle, say test and an added anabolic, along with a proper AI...no problems arise.
Cycle 2: guy runs same cycle, but this time throws in tren...problems arise. Since tren does in fact raise prolactin, what else could it be?

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 06:34:51 PM »
Prolactin can have a direct effect on libido... that's why certain anabolics that are prone to cause gyno can put your libido in the shitter post cycle.  It isn't just the hormone estrogen that causes this... just ask anyone who has used cabergoline how their sex drive is after controlling prolactin and they will give you three thumbs up ;D  I just wanted to know if an over the counter product like dopa bean can have the same effects if dosed correctly, and since I can get it in bulk at a very cheap price, it is an option for me...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 06:39:49 PM »
Prolactin can have a direct effect on libido... that's why certain anabolics that are prone to cause gyno can put your libido in the shitter post cycle.  It isn't just the hormone estrogen that causes this... just ask anyone who has used cabergoline how their sex drive is after controlling prolactin and they will give you three thumbs up ;D  I just wanted to know if an over the counter product like dopa bean can have the same effects if dosed correctly, and since I can get it in bulk at a very cheap price, it is an option for me...
If you're looking for something to controll prolactin effectively, either run a low dose of t-3 while on cycle or some dostinex.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 08:42:20 PM »
Since tren does in fact raise prolactin, what else could it be?

I really think you should read this post.

BIG_O
Getbig IV

Assumptions are the mother of all f**k-ups.

Re: DOSTINEX side effects
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 01:06:08 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dostinex (Cabergoline) is in a class of compounds called Dopamine receptor agonists. Their chief role, although people use these compounds for other ailments, is to reduce circulating prolactin levels from Pituitary disorders. If a person really needs one of these compounds then by all means they work really well at doing what they are designed to do.

The bodybuilding community has taken this compound as well as Bromocriptine Mesylate and used them for a non existant side from two very prevalent compounds. Many individuals claim that taken Tren and Deca elevate prolactin levels which in all actuality the opposite is usually true. Androgens in almost all cases lower prolactin levels and higher than normal levels of Estrogen raise prolactin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=6233834&dopt=Abstract
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/43/4/944
http://www.biolreprod.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/5/777

I don't know if I am a direct cause of this or not. Years ago on the old board I posted studies in relation to a certain Trenbolone compound raising prolactin levels. The compound was Synovex plus. The high estradiol concentration was the chief mechanism of action is this. I posted the full study and outlined why there was a lack of dopaminergic binding to the lactotrophs in the Anterior Pituitary region thus resulting in raised prolactin levels. The stalk was cut and excess prolactin was dumped into the portal system. I hope this will die here soon but if it doesn't oh well.

People blame the dreaded "Tren Gyno" or the dreaded "Deca Gyno" on elevated prolactin levels when in all actuality gynecomastia from these two compounds come from a different mechanism of action. Since these compounds are both 19Nor compounds, the aggravation of gynecomastia is caused from elevated Estren formation, indirect aggravation of the ER not yet fully understood or just the body trying to maintain in homeostasis by converting more androgenic nuclei to estrogenic nuclei via the aromatase enzyme.

http://mend.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/18/5/1120

In most cases the most prevalent side when taking a dopamine agonist is nausea, headaches and dizziness.  Many people take Dostinex to lose weight. Many experts claim this miracle compound influences the Ghrelin Leptin pathway when in all actuality you just plain feel like shit. If you feel crappy trust me you don't eat. Less food equals less calories which in turn mean weight loss.

I do not recommend taking a dopamine agonist for anything other than a Pituitary disorder. To each his own though.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself further. I thought at the time I had a post recently that explained it rather well in my opinion 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 08:58:55 PM »
"Ironically, even though Tren is an excellent contest prep drug, it lowers your thyroid level(23), and this raises prolactin. I recommend taking T3 (25mcgs/day) along with your Tren to avoid elevating your prolactin too high via this route."

(23)Res Vet Sci. 1981 Jan;30(1):7-13.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gquery/gquery.fcgi?itool=toolbar

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 05:01:57 AM »
"Ironically, even though Tren is an excellent contest prep drug, it lowers your thyroid level(23), and this raises prolactin. I recommend taking T3 (25mcgs/day) along with your Tren to avoid elevating your prolactin too high via this route."

(23)Res Vet Sci. 1981 Jan;30(1):7-13.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gquery/gquery.fcgi?itool=toolbar

This thinking means anything that lowers thyroid level will cause problems with prolactin? Lots of things can affect thyroid levels, this does not mean someone should start throwing all kinds of drugs at an anticipated side that may or may not be real.

The link provided didnt bring any searches AJ.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 08:05:58 AM »
Good point ;D I was just wanted some food for thought because I can purchase dopa bean in bulk for an extremely cheap price from a local nutrition store... I could actually get a prescription for Remeron because I take Effexor XR right now... I could just tell my doc that I wanna try something else and he would give me a month's sample of the stuff... I just wanted to know at what dose a supplement like dopa bean could match its effects.

Just get the script for Remeron.

Some people blame the wrong culprit for their sides, this is very true.  Those of us who have used each drug independantly, though, know which drugs cause which sides in our bodies.  I'm sure many of those blaming prolaction might have neglected estrogen and vice versa. 

Though, the sides are different generally.  Prolactin sides tend to be the gyno and possible lactation and possibly supressed libido.

Estrognic sides can be bloating, fat gain, gyno as well as mood disturbances.

I think there is a discernable differences between the two if one was exhibitiong sides.

I use Cabergoline when I run Tren, and I've never had issues, but I never had issues with Tren anyway.  No sides......

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 03:00:27 PM »

The link provided didnt bring any searches AJ.
You're right, it doesn't, sorry about that. I had bookmarked a page that had some info on it that I had saved for the next time this argument came up, apparently I bookmarked the wrong thing. I'll try to find it again.