Author Topic: cycle screw ups due to your body?  (Read 1274 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
cycle screw ups due to your body?
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:47:37 AM »
hey guys i was just wondering, obviously everyone wants the best out of their cycle. They are going to diet as best they can and train as hard as they can. BUT, what if you got injuried in the 1st or 2nd week OR got the flu or something?? im thinking this because my 1st cycle gets here in 4 weeks and the other day I stretched my chest a bit too far and now right in where my front delt/armpit area it hurts. it hurts to stretch my arms out and stuff. I had a tuff time training chest last night. so i hope this doesn't screw up my cycle now maybe i should put it off until this pain is totally gone?
bodybuildersreality.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: cycle screw ups due to your body?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »
hey guys i was just wondering, obviously everyone wants the best out of their cycle. They are going to diet as best they can and train as hard as they can. BUT, what if you got injuried in the 1st or 2nd week OR got the flu or something?? im thinking this because my 1st cycle gets here in 4 weeks and the other day I stretched my chest a bit too far and now right in where my front delt/armpit area it hurts. it hurts to stretch my arms out and stuff. I had a tuff time training chest last night. so i hope this doesn't screw up my cycle now maybe i should put it off until this pain is totally gone?

You need to find out for a doc whether it's just a strain or something more serious before you decide whether to abort your cycle.

It's up to you......

Pain means something.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:20:19 PM »
yeah i made a doc appointment for tomorrow. god damn im scared i screwed my chest up   :'(
bodybuildersreality.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
yeah i made a doc appointment for tomorrow. god damn im scared i screwed my chest up   :'(

From what you described, it sounds like a minor pec tear or strain at the least.  Is it a searing, burning pain that flares up when you stretch the area?  How bad is the pain?

If it's a strain you won't be doing heavy chest for awhile.....weeks at least.....

At worst, it's a pec tear and you won't be doing any chest for a few months.

I wish you best in your prognosis.

In the future, treat your pecs like gold.

If you tear it, there will be a permanent weakness in that area until the end of time.

DIV

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 01:52:29 PM »
Its hurts to stretch it out yes, but nothing to the point that i'll scream in pain. if I HAD to i could work through the pain but its just the fact that its there, it bothers me. I've always used careful form while training, going all the way down and up for a full stretch and contraction. There is no bruise or dark spot but i can feel a bit of pain if i push on or flex my chest. all i can say is FUCK.
bodybuildersreality.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 02:15:41 PM »
Its hurts to stretch it out yes, but nothing to the point that i'll scream in pain. if I HAD to i could work through the pain but its just the fact that its there, it bothers me. I've always used careful form while training, going all the way down and up for a full stretch and contraction. There is no bruise or dark spot but i can feel a bit of pain if i push on or flex my chest. all i can say is f**k.

Sounds like a pull or strain......nothing major.

If you'd torn the pec it'd swell and bruise and you'd be whining like a woman.

After the doc checks you out, ask him for some pain meds.

DIV

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »
Sounds like a pull or strain......nothing major.

If you'd torn the pec it'd swell and bruise and you'd be whining like a woman.

After the doc checks you out, ask him for some pain meds.

DIV
thanks div i will. i agree i don't think its major because i can move and such. I just wanted everything to be good before i hit my cycle. now if i can't bench as much for the next 4 weeks i don't want to start my cycle until my strength is where it was before my injury. so it is a big pain in the ass.

As for the topic of my thread, no one has had anything like this?? gotten sick or a minor injury in the beginning of a cycle??
bodybuildersreality.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »
As for the topic of my thread, no one has had anything like this?? gotten sick or a minor injury in the beginning of a cycle??

I've never been injured from training......but I have gotten sick.

I get sick two or three times per year and I train through it because it helps work it out of my system.

I don't go as heavy but I do more cardio because the breathing keeps the metabolism working and will speed healing.

Being on cycle during an illness can make things worse due to a compromised immune system response.

Injecting AAS in to your body alone creates an immune response, albeit a small one.

The effect is cumulative....

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 02:53:10 PM »
Yates, as for the pec injury you have, I did something similar a little over 3yrs ago. I had to lay off chest training for about a month and when I got back to it, I stayed away from flat bench all together for another 3 or 4 months. During that 3-4 month period though was the absolute best chest growth I've ever had before or since. I attribute this to finally prioritizing incline press over flat.

As far as your main topic of the thread, I ran a cycle a little over a year ago where I got a bit of an injury while on cycle...it was 3-4 wks into the cycle of a 16wk cycle...I hurt my back doing deads, using more wight then I should have...funny though, I can throw that same amount of weight around now like it's nothing. Anyway, I had slightly twisted one of my vertebra, 3rd one from the bottom left side to be exact...that might sound bad, but it is not as bad as it sounds and it healed very fast. I ended up only missing 2 days of training, but I did have to adjust my training for the rest of the cycle, which meant no deads and no free bar squats, but I was in the clear to do everything else so as long as it didn't strain my lower back. All in all it worked out fine, after 12wks I was back to regular squats, BTW, I hate smith-machine squats, it doesn't feel right, and after another 2 months I was back to doing deads...and like I mentioned, I was still doing everything else anyway during this "injury" time.

I'll tell you this, the injury did cost me some money, my insurance covered my doctor visits, but I ended up going to the chiropractor to get it fixed, which was not covered...I went and got my back popped and aligned 3x wk for 12wks at $60 a pop :'( I had always been skeptical of chiropractor's before this, but at that time I was hell bent on doing what ever it took to get back to 100% as soon as I could...and low and behold it worked. After 12wks of the chiropractor, x-rays showed that my vertebra was perfectly in line...the chiropractor was shocked, and so was I, his original diagnosis figured on 6-8 months to get to where I did in 12 wks. I attribute this healing to both me doing exactly what he said as well as a little help from God.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:07:39 PM »
I'll tell you this, the injury did cost me some money, my insurance covered my doctor visits, but I ended up going to the chiropractor to get it fixed, which was not covered...I went and got my back popped and aligned 3x wk for 12wks at $60 a pop :'( I had always been skeptical of chiropractor's before this, but at that time I was hell bent on doing what ever it took to get back to 100% as soon as I could...and low and behold it worked. After 12wks of the chiropractor, x-rays showed that my vertebra was perfectly in line...the chiropractor was shocked, and so was I, his original diagnosis figured on 6-8 months to get to where I did in 12 wks. I attribute this healing to both me doing exactly what he said as well as a little help from God.

In lieu of a chiropractor, I used an A.R.T. practitioner.

They basically deal with both spine and soft tissue treatment, which is best for an athlete.

I was having a problem with some scar tissue in the inside of my shoulder blade (scapular tendinitis) and it was a real nuisance when it came to training.  A slight burning, tightness and I wanted to get it fixed.

Basically, it was the muscle of the area being too dense to allow for smooth, fluid movement and he worked it out with some diagnostic movements and stretches and some electronic stimulation afterwards.

I had been getting deep tissue massage for years and that didn't correct the problem, but this guy fixed in a six weeks......one treatment per week.

This guy has MLB players as his clientele as well.....so I knew he was referred.

You should consider looking in to it for any future issues.

DIV

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 03:09:12 PM »
wow 60 bux eh? geeze! well thats good it all worked out...so far i've only had 2 injuries now, my lowerback from doing heavy tbar rows...i picked up the bar carelessly and now this pec injury. personally i think both were from stupid carelessness and not warming up enough or stretching. i pray to god my chest gets better fast and i can continue to train it hard. my appointment is tomorrow so i'll post what he says. we can only learn from things like this i guess. im just happy it happened now and not during my cycle.....i was talking to an one of the older huge guys at my gym and he told me every injury hes EVER had was while he was using creatine...and this guy uses gear too but he swears that he'll never use that stuff and he only sticks to dumbells for everything.
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »
ok got back from the doctor, one of his first questions was if i use AAS or not. It looks to him as though its just a minor pull. his advice was just to rest it (duh) my only concern is once it heals up can i go back and train chest still? i guess for the time being i'll do very light weight. :-\
bodybuildersreality.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 03:52:38 PM »
ok got back from the doctor, one of his first questions was if i use AAS or not. It looks to him as though its just a minor pull. his advice was just to rest it (duh) my only concern is once it heals up can i go back and train chest still? i guess for the time being i'll do very light weight. :-\

He asked you about AAS, because he's been brainwashed in to thinking that all AAS contibute to ligament, tendon, muscle tears.  He was going to give you the "AAS are bad" speech.  As long as there's nothing structurally wrong, I think you should just stretch it and make sure it's warmed up, then go light on chest day for a couple weeks.  You should know your body by now and what it can handle.

DIV

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »
I have had 2 pec tears in the same spot. Is it under the armpit  where the pec and shoulder meet ?
If so you have had a sligh pec tear .
 I tore mine benching, the pec slid down the ligament about 3 inches last time.
Unfortunatly they can't do surgery on it.