Author Topic: No more 60+ home runs  (Read 2007 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: No more 60+ home runs
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:26 PM »
anyone think griffey SR was on the juice in the later years of his career? wish i had some pics, but that dude got more muscular as he aged.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 12:30:31 PM »
The HR #'s are down since  juice-a-gate happened.  Do you think we'll see another Bonds with 70+?  I highly doubt it unless another undetectable substance is discovered.  Even than I would think that with multi million dollar contracts, who would take the chance now?

Big Papi had his best year because of Manny.  Many think Manny will be gone next year.  So logically Papi won't get the pitches He had last season.  I don't think He'll see 50 without Manny's threat.  It will be a shame to breakup the best 3-4 combo in baseball.  But Manny, as always, wants out.

Manny and Papi dont juice. Amazing hitters.

That will be a tuff loss.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

body88

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 01:48:35 PM »
The HR #'s are down since  juice-a-gate happened.  Do you think we'll see another Bonds with 70+?  I highly doubt it unless another undetectable substance is discovered.  Even than I would think that with multi million dollar contracts, who would take the chance now?

Big Papi had his best year because of Manny.  Many think Manny will be gone next year.  So logically Papi won't get the pitches He had last season.  I don't think He'll see 50 without Manny's threat.  It will be a shame to breakup the best 3-4 combo in baseball.  But Manny, as always, wants out.

That will be a tuff loss.

There are things cooking in Fenway.... Papi will get his protection. Manny may go. But there is also a good chance he will not. The sox are not going to weaken the team. Manny has been doing this for years. If the Sox can get better with him getting traded they will do it. If not they wont move him.

Theo said himself we need to make 6 moves and go 6 for six. realistically we need at least four of those six moves. With the current market lets see what wonder boy can do.