Author Topic: Differences in quality of homebrewing and pharma gear?  (Read 2040 times)

Austrian22

• Getbig I
Differences in quality of homebrewing and pharma gear?
« on: November 07, 2006, 03:47:11 AM »
Hi everyone,

as everyone can see in my nick, I am writing from Austria and things here run quite a bit differently than overseas.

Negatives: There are hardly any good bodybuilders in Austria (compared to the international level), protein is quite expensive, our supplement variety is very scarce and good quality is hard to find and the machines here suck (which is no problem using free weights). One should not mistake this to be a good BB-nation just because Arnold was born here. Compared to Eastern Europe and Germany, this is a disgrace.

Positives: Gear is cheap and available

More and more competitive BB are now using self-made stuff though. It is a clash of mentalities. While the oldschool side touches only stuff from the pharmacy store the modern-thinking side mocks this and produces its own stuff with raw materials imported from China for that purpose. Oils and vials are readily available by official retailers in Austria and Germany (like Omicron).
The ones between old and new thinking use ULab products, of which we have quite a lot here, most prominent being International Pharmaceuticals.

I have a question: Is a vial of 10ml of 250mg Test E., made at home with the apparently clean raw material from China, as good as 10 vials of Testoviron made by Schering? Are the pharma companies doing a ripoff here? Because a gram of Test E. (raw material) costs less than a buck.
Or are pharma companies using much better raw materials than homebrewers ever will have access to?

Whom do you trust?

Greez from Vienna :)

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
Re: Differences in quality of homebrewing and pharma gear?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »
the pharmacy grade is alot better then the home made brewing.

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 10:08:37 AM »
The pharma companys get way purer usp grade powders. Its not hard to order cheap food grade powder from the many chem houses operating in china.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:00:52 PM »
Is a vial of 10ml of 250mg Test E., made at home with the apparently clean raw material from China, as good as 10 vials of Testoviron made by Schering?

Make no mistake, bro, the level of quality and sterility from a Pharmaceutical company will ALWAYS trump anything a UG can make.

All things being equal, I will still take the pharmaceutical grade AAS over anything else.

The quality control is monitored and there is no such thing as a "bad batch".

Complain all you want about the bodybuilding atmosphere in Austria, but you have the cheap legal AAS, the wholesome natural foods and the pale european women.

I've lived in Hanau, Germany for a few years and I'd gladly take that standard of living over what's available here.

Besides, you should be using free weight anyway......

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Austrian22

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 03:52:12 PM »
Hi,

unfortunately, the mentality here is very much against Bodybuilding. That is the point. But one should embark on his own way and stay on it anyway, of course :)

Yes, pharmaceutical stuff triumphs over homebrewing stuff. That is undisputable.
Yet, I would like to know, if ULabs like International Pharmaceuticals (the ones from Germany, NOT China) have pharmaceutical grade raw materials or equally import from China. Only thing I know ist that the best Bodybuilders shy away from ULab stuff and always go for pharmaware. Calling homebrewing stuff "crazy". Probably with good reason, from what I read here. Good to know, thank you. I didn't know that there was a difference between "pharmaceutical grade" and "food grade".

However, AAS are not legal in Austria. They are obtainable, but there are many fakes around and the availability is rather scarce and can be expensive. A vial of Testex Elmu Prolongatum costs around 5 euro (250mg Testo Cypionate).
So, for Testosterone, Nandrolone, Nandrolone Phenylpropionate and estrogen blockers, that is ok. But when it comes to Boldenone, Trenbolone, Masterone and others one must go for ULabs. And they usually get it from China.

In German Boards homebrewing is highly anticipated, even by people who are chemists. And they KNOW what the raw materials are made out of. And they preach that the Chinese stuff is just as good. I mean, for Tren and so forth there is no other source than China.

This is what made me sceptical. Who's telling the truth?
But I guess, for good gear the stuff is worth the money :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »
Hi,

unfortunately, the mentality here is very much against Bodybuilding. That is the point. But one should embark on his own way and stay on it anyway, of course :)

Yes, pharmaceutical stuff triumphs over homebrewing stuff. That is undisputable.
Yet, I would like to know, if ULabs like International Pharmaceuticals (the ones from Germany, NOT China) have pharmaceutical grade raw materials or equally import from China. Only thing I know ist that the best Bodybuilders shy away from ULab stuff and always go for pharmaware. Calling homebrewing stuff "crazy". Probably with good reason, from what I read here. Good to know, thank you. I didn't know that there was a difference between "pharmaceutical grade" and "food grade".

However, AAS are not legal in Austria. They are obtainable, but there are many fakes around and the availability is rather scarce and can be expensive. A vial of Testex Elmu Prolongatum costs around 5 euro (250mg Testo Cypionate).
So, for Testosterone, Nandrolone, Nandrolone Phenylpropionate and estrogen blockers, that is ok. But when it comes to Boldenone, Trenbolone, Masterone and others one must go for ULabs. And they usually get it from China.

In German Boards homebrewing is highly anticipated, even by people who are chemists. And they KNOW what the raw materials are made out of. And they preach that the Chinese stuff is just as good. I mean, for Tren and so forth there is no other source than China.

This is what made me sceptical. Who's telling the truth?
But I guess, for good gear the stuff is worth the money :)

It all depends on the quality of the powder......

I don't know which powder they use and you don't either, which is the problem.

I say go for Pharmaceutical grade if you can, and only rely on UG if you have no other choice.

.......or move to Germany.

DIV

Austrian22

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 04:02:01 PM »
Hi again,

situation in Germany is the same as here. What the have, we have, when it comes to gear. I believe that we are even an edge more relaxed than them.

What is the difference between food grade and pharmaceutical grade powder? Purity of the substance? Like cheap bad and expensive good whey protein powders?

Greez

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 04:48:21 PM »
Hi again,

situation in Germany is the same as here. What the have, we have, when it comes to gear. I believe that we are even an edge more relaxed than them.

What is the difference between food grade and pharmaceutical grade powder? Purity of the substance? Like cheap bad and expensive good whey protein powders?

Greez

I have no idea what you mean by "food grade".

There is pharmaceutical grade and then there is UG.

There is no in between unless you are talking vet gear, which is substandard compared to Pharmaceutical grade.

DIV

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 03:56:59 PM »
USP powder is better to have than food grade however the USP powder is very hard to obtain while food grade can easily be obtained. 

Despite that, it really all comes down to the actual process of making an injectible and using sterile water and oil and using proper filter.  Some UG labs have access to USP powder and get lazy by using cheap coffee filters and making too much at one time.

If you buy any product, I'd filter it again to insure its clean.  Its very easy to do and it lessens the chance of an infection
A

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 04:31:14 PM »
USP powder is better to have than food grade however the USP powder is very hard to obtain while food grade can easily be obtained. 

Despite that, it really all comes down to the actual process of making an injectible and using sterile water and oil and using proper filter.  Some UG labs have access to USP powder and get lazy by using cheap coffee filters and making too much at one time.

If you buy any product, I'd filter it again to insure its clean.  Its very easy to do and it lessens the chance of an infection

Well if that's the case, most if not all UG are food grade because USP powder is what Pharmaceutical companies buy and I'm sure very expensive.

Kind of makes it a no-brainer in terms of quality between Pharmaceutical quality and UG.

DIV

durbax

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »
Pretty striaght forward.. if something is meant for a human its going to be better for you then something that was ment for a horse...