Author Topic: For Bigger Business - the definition of Atheist  (Read 1373 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
For Bigger Business - the definition of Atheist
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:07:48 AM »
from freedictionary.com

Noun 1. atheist - someone who denies the existence of god
disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever - someone who refuses to believe (as in a divinity)
Adj. 1. atheist - related to or characterized by or given to atheism; "atheist leanings"

Here is Webster's definition of atheism:

atheism n 1 a: disbelief in the existence of God or any other deity b: the doctrine that there is neither god nor any other deity--

Bigger Business, is the problem you have w/the term atheist that it gives so much credence to the existence of a God?

I guess I've often wondered about why someone who claims to not believe in something would label themselves w/a term that includes the very thing they say they do not believe in.

???

R

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: For Bigger Business - the definition of Atheist
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 06:15:45 AM »
Bigger Business, is the problem you have w/the term atheist that it gives so much credence to the existence of a God?

this bothers me, why is it we dont have a term for someone who doesnt believe in santa clause or the easter bunny or aliens?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »

I guess I've often wondered about why someone who claims to not believe in something would label themselves w/a term that includes the very thing they say they do not believe in.

???

exactly

that and the fact that the term is coined from a novel that means nothing to me. it would be as if i was a trekky and started calling you whatever an 'untrekky' is.

would mean nothing to you and would make me look like a dork  ;D

thankyou for the post

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:39:18 PM »
good post, but you need to define what is in the definition.

define god.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 08:19:15 PM »
good post, but you need to define what is in the definition.

define god.

he's a big powerful  that will send you to hell if you don't follow rules that people make up and call themselves Priests who molest altar boys.