Author Topic: The effect of 911 conspiracy theories on today's elections  (Read 1054 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The effect of 911 conspiracy theories on today's elections
« on: November 07, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »
I know the numbers are not yet in, but exit poll info shows that the Republicans are taking major losses.

I have to wonder:  has the 911 "Inside job" theory, which has grown greatly over the last 2 years, affected Republican voter turnout?

CNN and FOX news cannot talk about it of course.  But we do know polls show that 84% of Americans believe the White House is hiding something about 9/11.  Personally, 9/11 was the single issue which stole me from being a lifetime Republican voter.  I have to wonder how many others out there felt the same way.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: The effect of 911 conspiracy theories on today's elections
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »

there's a 9/11 conspiracy theory?  ??? who are they blaming? another one of rove's ploys to destablize the democrats?

typical.  >:(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 04:29:14 PM »
I know the numbers are not yet in, but exit poll info shows that the Republicans are taking major losses.

I have to wonder:  has the 911 "Inside job" theory, which has grown greatly over the last 2 years, affected Republican voter turnout?

CNN and FOX news cannot talk about it of course.  But we do know polls show that 84% of Americans believe the White House is hiding something about 9/11.  Personally, 9/11 was the single issue which stole me from being a lifetime Republican voter.  I have to wonder how many others out there felt the same way.

Nah, I'd say it's more to do with Iraq, high gas prices and the motivation of the commoners to actually vote.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:27:37 PM »
240, I know you heart is set on 911 having an impact on the elections, ...but I think the biggest impact has been the iraq war, the desire of the American public to remove the rubber stamps in Congress and the Senate. I think it has more to do with the desire to return to a system of checks & balances, ...if it is at all possible at this point in time.

I know one thing for sure... with all the exit polls calling a Dem win... I'd hate to see what happens if some cousin of the president starts calling Republican wins across the board.

I don't understand how you guys can have 4 hour long lineups stretching for city blocks. That's crazy.  :o

The longest it has ever taken me to vote was 10 minutes. The majority of the time has always been chewed up in finding the right ballot box to drop my vote in. We use paper ballots up here, and they're all counted by the end of the night. Very efficient system we have up here.  :)
w

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 08:31:13 AM »
Canada's population = 32,740,508

US population = 295,734,134

Hope that helps.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 09:53:09 AM »
Canada's population = 32,740,508

US population = 295,734,134

Hope that helps.

;D