Author Topic: Chest Day can Cause Symptoms of Heart Attack?  (Read 2695 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Chest Day can Cause Symptoms of Heart Attack?
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:55:54 PM »
Hello,
I am 20-years-old and thought I was having a heart attack about 45 minutes ago.  I had a tight chest, shortness of breath and light headedness.  I feel okay now though.  I was wondering if over-working the chest can cause these symptoms. 

I work the chest 3-times a week as heavy as I can.  I worked out about 12 hours ago.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
Re: Chest Day can Cause Symptoms of Heart Attack?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 07:57:05 PM »
Hello,
I am 20-years-old and thought I was having a heart attack about 45 minutes ago.  I had a tight chest, shortness of breath and light headedness.  I feel okay now though.  I was wondering if over-working the chest can cause these symptoms. 

I work the chest 3-times a week as heavy as I can.  I worked out about 12 hours ago.

Gimmick.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 07:58:20 PM »
Might have just been anxiety attack at your age. You sure it was not a muscle cramp?

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 07:58:42 PM »
welcome to a panic attack---can be caused by adrenalin surges, anything you may have used pre workout (ephedrine/caffeine),they wont kill you or harm you, they just can suck.  

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 08:00:53 PM »
Could have been.  I eat like shit though.  I'm not over-weight, and always on my feet and moving.  My dad died a year and a half ago during triple by-pass, so I freaked out and left work and I started to get pain.  I would have gone to the hospital but I'm poor and have no insurance.  I thought that since I feel okay now, that it could possibly be from over working the chest.  I don't stretch my chest BTW.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 08:03:37 PM »
Could have been.  I eat like shit though.  I'm not over-weight, and always on my feet and moving.  My dad died a year and a half ago during triple by-pass, so I freaked out and left work and I started to get pain.  I would have gone to the hospital but I'm poor and have no insurance.  I thought that since I feel okay now, that it could possibly be from over working the chest.  I don't stretch my chest BTW.

Hi Derek Anthony.

body88

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 08:09:27 PM »
Hi Derek Anthony.

Worst gimmick in a long time right there.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 08:10:39 PM »
Try Squats when the chest pain starts. ::)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 08:12:05 PM »
asthma ??

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 08:13:57 PM »
asthma ??

Yeah usually when it's asthma related you can't breathe most asthma patients that complain of a tight chest sometimes get it from being in a panic.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:14:11 PM »
No, after reading the symptoms of painic attack I think that's what I had.  Thanks for the info guys.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 08:16:11 PM »
I think you were having a heart attack. In order to avoid the pain associated with one, it's only reasonable that you kill yourself before another one strikes again. I suggest the ol' .357 to the temple.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »
I think you were having a heart attack. In order to avoid the pain associated with one, it's only reasonable that you kill yourself before another one strikes again. I suggest the ol' .357 to the temple.

No no no !!.. didn't you know, the only reliable way to kill yourself with a handgun is the 'in the mouth' method.. that way the bullet goes right into the brain.. if you aim at the temple when you fire the gun might slip and you'll just blow a piece of your skull off!!

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 08:25:29 PM »
Good point Captain.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 08:27:07 PM »

No no no !!.. didn't you know, the only reliable way to kill yourself with a handgun is the 'in the mouth' method.. that way the bullet goes right into the brain.. if you aim at the temple when you fire the gun might slip and you'll just blow a piece of your skull off!!

I usually suggest the gun 'in the mouth' method but I thought I would change it up and offer something different to this guy. Add a little pizzazz to it.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »
The temple method is a great way to add some 'decor' to the bedroom walls

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 11:01:10 PM »
I have a lot of scar tissue in my left side from a chest tube I had for a collapsed lung about 7 years ago.  I get pains all the time from burping while working out.  It's right below the left pec where the rib cage starts.  If I'm ever having a heart attack I might not know it from passing off the pain as scar tissue.  Kind of scary.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 09:15:31 AM »
No, after reading the symptoms of painic attack I think that's what I had.  Thanks for the info guys.

Don't mess with the heart.  Many states have free clinics where you can have an EKG or stress test to see if it's just panic attacks or heart disease.  My Dad died at 52, healthy, worked out, non smoker  and light drinker.  He would say once in a while He would feel tightness in his chest.  One day the tightness felt like an elephant was on his chest.  He died on route to the hospital.  My point is don't mess around with something that could possible kill you.  It sucks with no insurance, but check out what options you have and you do have some.  Without your health, you have nothing.  It's probably nothing, but be on the safe side.  Internet exams don't cut it.  Best of luck.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »
are you an illegal alien?...just stop by any California emergency room they will be  happy to treat you free of charge, feel free to bankrupt the state....no problem.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 03:10:45 PM »
dude, there are other parts to the body besides chest...did you know that?

also I doubt that working chest 3 times has an benefit over twice per week.  You should read up on hypertropy and rest
Here comes the money shot

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »

I would personally go with a .38, the .357 can get a tad bit messy.

bigbiceps

• Getbig III
  • Team Levrone
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 09:10:30 PM »
are you an illegal alien?...just stop by any California emergency room they will be  happy to treat you free of charge, feel free to bankrupt the state....no problem.

Keep eating donuts and beer thus creating fatter humans and raising healthcare.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 10:06:57 PM »
dude, there are other parts to the body besides chest...did you know that?

also I doubt that working chest 3 times has an benefit over twice per week.  You should read up on hypertropy and rest

I'm trying to work my weak points right now.  Chest is the worst, I hit it every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Shoulders are my second weak point, I hit them every Tuesday and Thursday.  I hit triceps and legs on Saturday and back on Sunday.  I have 19 inch arms already at 10% BF, but my chest doesn't look thick and my shoulders aren't so thick and wide.  I've been doing this for a couple months now and I have been able to increase my strength like 10 lbs. of weight every week and a half to two weeks.

My chest workouts are hardcore.  I'll start out doing 4 sets with the heaviest weight I can do for 8 reps.  I'll take like a 5 minutes break and then do another 4 sets for 10 reps with minus 10 pounds from the previous 4 sets and so on.  I'll end up doing 12 sets each for incline, flat, and decline.  After bench work I'll do 4 sets of 10 with dumbbell flyes flat, incline, and decline.  48 sets in all 3 times a week for chest.  I've never followed bodybuilding until recently, but I just lift and get stronger. 

Honeslty, I don't know what my problem is.  I've been getting 1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight a day and I've tried doing less sets and more rest days but that still didn't seem to work.  I'm not big, but I'm pretty strong.  I just want to add size now, but my body doesn't seem to respond.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 10:38:31 PM »
Is everything ok now?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 02:39:28 AM »
So gimmick it must be real..

If the pain increases when you put pressure on the rib cage, it's not cardial..

Says Dr Dutch