Author Topic: Kaged Muscle Magazine launch  (Read 4961 times)

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
Kaged Muscle Magazine launch
« on: November 07, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »
I just wanted to let the Getbig family now about my new publication that went to print today.

The best way to explain the content of 'Kaged Muscle' magazine is 'REAL'

The editorial and pictorial of the training content is 'fly on the wall' coverage' - what I see is what you get! The majority of the images I shoot are in black and white and very hardcore.

In the Premier issue which will be available as from tomorrow will feature a furious back workout with Branch Warren and Mike Ergas within Metroflex gym in Texas, a pictorial and editorial diary with the blind British Pro Ricky Welling 48 hrs prior to a contest, a tell all interview with Cathy Le Francois and the 2006 Olympia review.

Writers on board so far with Kaged Muscle are Dorian Yates, Lenda Murray, Bill Grant, Dr Nick Evans and many more. I also have UK and Australian writers and photographers to ad to the US content.

There are some entertaining pages to lighten the load such as a bodybuilders Horror Scope amongs others.

As I am situated within Venice there will also be a general 'Venice Insider' page as well as some Mindless Self Indulgence'.

The magazine will be available via various outlets throughout the US or you can subscribe directly through me @ kris@kagedmuscle.com

Below is a couple of the pics from the Warren and Ergas sparring session and also the unedited 'rough cover' copy.
Deputy Editor

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
Re: Kaged Muscle Magazine launch
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:05:19 PM »
I think you should replace all of the C's with K's, not just the one in 'Caged'. Then you will be truly hardcore in a way that only Mortal Kombat has ever succeeded at ;D
I min/max my physique

MonstaDwarf

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • lift it machine
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:09:54 PM »
Hi Kris How ya going ya mad pom!!
Hopefully Gaz and crew here in Oz will have our own similar mag up and running in May.
aussie content Only, of course!
all the best mate
Neil.
forward ho

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:34:59 PM »
Very cool pics. I hope the mag keeps that style going.
a

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:44:43 PM »
how many issues per year are you planning on running?

how much $$$$ for a subscription?

any other material you care to share with the group? will it truly be a "hardcore" pub, or a giant muscle tech ad with a couple articles in between?

potential buyers want to know!

FreshMintBlue

• Getbig III
  • Me and your Maaaaaaaa
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 12:42:43 AM »
let me know if I can subscribe from Ireland to it and how much it cost me and you got yourself a new customer
Who gives a shit

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 04:47:05 AM »
That looks pretty cool!  How much for a subscription? 
w

Slick Vic

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 04:54:08 AM »
Yikes! You have Dorian Yates on the cover of your first issue.  :-[
Put Arnold on there and you'll sell copies!  8)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 05:00:09 AM »
A cool idea for a magazine would be to dose up a pro bber on all the nubain, clen, roids they can eat; then make them work out till they are dead and just laying there shitting themselves and take photo's. Everybody loves death photo's. That would be hardcore.
$

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »
MonstaDwarf - Hey Neil, I have been talking with Gaz on a regular basis about his new project - sounds great! I have quite a bit of Aussie info in the mag so maybe in the future we could possibly have a Monstadwarf edition . Whens the next Pro show for you?

Chris - Subscriptions rates within US are $30 for one year (6 issues), $50 for two years.

FreshMintBlue - Yes, its available in Ireland and every other country around the globe

Wes Mantooth - No, its not going to be drowned with ads, I hate that!  Providing I get good subscription numbers I can keep ads to a minimum. I was left with two choices to fund print costs - higher subscription rates or lots of ads. I'm not publishing this magazine to make a mountain of cash but to drive home the hardcore and positive influences this sport beholds.

This magazine will keep its 'REAL' hardcore pulse if WE want it bad enough. I can speak for myself. Thats why I have put nearly all of my funds into the first issue. I hope to vastly improve every issue and cover every pro contest on the US calender whilst and continue booking 'REAL' training shoots and interviews along the way.

Getbig Ron has been very supportive of my project as have many other people in the industry. I count on everyones feedback to make this grow.

Give me an email at kris@kagedmuscle.com if you want to subscribe. Thanks ;)
Deputy Editor

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »
Looks pretty hardcore

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »
bodybuildersreality.com

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 10:49:40 AM »
muscle mags one step away from gggggay..
p

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 11:51:48 AM »
Now you just gotta add a section with 'pro stacks and cycles' and you'll be selling like hotcakes ;)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 11:59:23 AM »

Those pics are shot at Metroflex.

Hey do you guys need a good writer to penn articles and funny stuff seen or heard at various U.S. shows?

Contact Special'Feel the burn' Ed. He's your huckleberry!
?

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 12:13:33 PM »
"Kaged Muscle"?

Sounds like something BayGBM would subscribe to.

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
  • The more you put in, the Harder it is to Quit
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »
I just wanted to let the Getbig family now about my new publication that went to print today.

The best way to explain the content of 'Kaged Muscle' magazine is 'REAL'

The editorial and pictorial of the training content is 'fly on the wall' coverage' - what I see is what you get! The majority of the images I shoot are in black and white and very hardcore.

In the Premier issue which will be available as from tomorrow will feature a furious back workout with Branch Warren and Mike Ergas within Metroflex gym in Texas, a pictorial and editorial diary with the blind British Pro Ricky Welling 48 hrs prior to a contest, a tell all interview with Cathy Le Francois and the 2006 Olympia review.

Writers on board so far with Kaged Muscle are Dorian Yates, Lenda Murray, Bill Grant, Dr Nick Evans and many more. I also have UK and Australian writers and photographers to ad to the US content.

There are some entertaining pages to lighten the load such as a bodybuilders Horror Scope amongs others.

As I am situated within Venice there will also be a general 'Venice Insider' page as well as some Mindless Self Indulgence'.

The magazine will be available via various outlets throughout the US or you can subscribe directly through me @ kris@kagedmuscle.com

Below is a couple of the pics from the Warren and Ergas sparring session and also the unedited 'rough cover' copy.

Congradulations Kris, you are one of the hardest workers out there. Look forward to seeing the first issue. Take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »
thanks fot the update...i will be on the lookout for the first issue.....

best of luck

BP44

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:54 PM »
You aren't going to sell shit with a cover like that.  Try hiring a pro designer instead of putting something together in what looks to be corel draw.  Using pre-made "word art" isn't going to catch the buyers eye.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »
MonstaDwarf - Hey Neil, I have been talking with Gaz on a regular basis about his new project - sounds great! I have quite a bit of Aussie info in the mag so maybe in the future we could possibly have a Monstadwarf edition . Whens the next Pro show for you?

Chris - Subscriptions rates within US are $30 for one year (6 issues), $50 for two years.

FreshMintBlue - Yes, its available in Ireland and every other country around the globe

Wes Mantooth - No, its not going to be drowned with ads, I hate that!  Providing I get good subscription numbers I can keep ads to a minimum. I was left with two choices to fund print costs - higher subscription rates or lots of ads. I'm not publishing this magazine to make a mountain of cash but to drive home the hardcore and positive influences this sport beholds.

This magazine will keep its 'REAL' hardcore pulse if WE want it bad enough. I can speak for myself. Thats why I have put nearly all of my funds into the first issue. I hope to vastly improve every issue and cover every pro contest on the US calender whilst and continue booking 'REAL' training shoots and interviews along the way.

Getbig Ron has been very supportive of my project as have many other people in the industry. I count on everyones feedback to make this grow.

Give me an email at kris@kagedmuscle.com if you want to subscribe. Thanks ;)

I may have some interest in advertising in your magazine.  I will email you.

Chris
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 03:43:06 PM »
You aren't going to sell shit with a cover like that.  Try hiring a pro designer instead of putting something together in what looks to be corel draw.  Using pre-made "word art" isn't going to catch the buyers eye.

I agree, but I also agree and think that your concept of "true" coverage is great,should be good
Cool pics and Good luck!

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 05:30:58 PM »
Thanks, I will take this into consideration. I need feedback like this to improve. I have a good friend working on a new cover as we speak. I am not the best with computers and still patiently learning. I will post it when it is completed.

Guy - good to hear from you mate and congrats on your citizenship. Your new DVD is featured in the first issue of Kaged Muscle buddy and thanks for the piece about me in this months musclemag.
BTW, I have former Mr World Nick Jones coming over to stay with me this weekend. We will all have to catch up.

Deputy Editor

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »

Do you think something like this looks a little better ???
Deputy Editor

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 10:49:28 PM »
Yeah looks better

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 08:14:50 AM »
Yeah looks better

Great, any more for/against?