Author Topic: Where to buy Dextrose?  (Read 5990 times)

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
Where to buy Dextrose?
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:53:52 PM »
Can anyone recommend some place to buy dextrose in the houston area.  I ran out and the store where I bought it last time was expensive.

Minihulk

• Getbig II
Re: Where to buy Dextrose?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:44:10 AM »

Just order it off-line its simple and the cheapest ive ever seen it..Im pretty sure I got mine from www.bodybuilding.com.
"Overdone.."

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:01:28 AM »
  Just order it off-line its simple and the cheapest ive ever seen it..Im pretty sure I got mine from www.bodybuilding.com.

off-line?? didn't you mean 'order it online??'

or did i miss a joke?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:03:18 AM »

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 07:26:29 AM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 08:13:15 AM »
Get it locally at any beer or wine making store for about a buck/pound (sometimes labeled 'corn sugar') or at a health food store packaged, but quite a bit more expensive (about 2 bucks/pound).  You can get maltodextrin at the beer store too - same price usually.
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 08:20:52 AM »
Get it locally at any beer or wine making store for about a buck/pound (sometimes labeled 'corn sugar') or at a health food store packaged, but quite a bit more expensive (about 2 bucks/pound).  You can get maltodextrin at the beer store too - same price usually.

Ditto.  I picked up both dextrose and maltodextin at a home brewing store.  The only thing that was uncomfortable is that they were not clearly labeled.  I could only imagine being pulled over for speeding and the officer seeing two bags of white powder,  I'd probably be at the station for hours before the lab results came back!

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 10:09:15 AM »
Ditto.  I picked up both dextrose and maltodextin at a home brewing store.  The only thing that was uncomfortable is that they were not clearly labeled.  I could only imagine being pulled over for speeding and the officer seeing two bags of white powder,  I'd probably be at the station for hours before the lab results came back!
Don't even worry about it, all they would do is open the packages, rub it on there gums and figure that one out  ;)

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »
how F#$Ked up can you get from doing that?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 01:49:42 AM »
how F#$Ked up can you get from doing that?

well it could give you gingivitis if you do it repeatedly  ::)

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 12:05:55 PM »
I searched the net and the best price I found was at www.honeyvillegrain.com. They sell 50 pound bags of maltodextrin for $47.29 (that includes shipping and tax for me and the plant they shipped from was in Cali and I live in Illinois). So, that's about 95 cents per pound. I don't know if they sold dextrose.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days