Author Topic: Luke Wood. 281lbs looking awsome!!  (Read 24727 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Luke Wood. 281lbs looking awsome!!
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »
dex has a great double bicep for a dude with such high lats... the key is his small hips and waist though

Which Dex does have, but he's flexing his abs together which makes his waist look wider.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2006, 04:57:48 PM »
I will never sacifice health!!! i love bodybuilding with a passion but there is life after as well. Marrige, kids, the big house and getting old that is very important also.  I think i will have enough size next year to qualify.  I  mean 265lbs at 5'11 will not need more size just exposure!

Ok then, if of course you dont mind, what are your numbers on:
BP
HR
ALT/AST
LDL/HDL
Triglycerides
Creatinine
BUN

Just some basics here...

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2006, 05:30:13 PM »
Health is something a lot of Pros don't consider.But if Luke says it,it must mean something to him.Remember his dad is a cop and would have been a great rolemodel.I think Luke will have a great 2007 placing well in Oz show with the Judges down there Top 3 and with no Lee they have to have an Aussie to keep the crowds paying.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2006, 08:10:04 PM »
 Hard work Luke...but keep the BELLY in check... :(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2006, 05:55:30 PM »
Which Dex does have, but he's flexing his abs together which makes his waist look wider.
I'd like to see dexter not crunch down his abs on a front double bicep also... if he sucked up his ribcage into a semi vacuum he'd look better imo...

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2006, 01:09:55 AM »
Dammmmmmmmm Im waiting for the day when someone gets so big and gorged that when they hit a most muscular they ,,,welllll just explode !!! Shouldnt have to wait to long I reckon !!

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2006, 04:24:22 PM »
Health is something a lot of Pros don't consider.But if Luke says it,it must mean something to him.Remember his dad is a cop and would have been a great rolemodel.I think Luke will have a great 2007 placing well in Oz show with the Judges down there Top 3 and with no Lee they have to have an Aussie to keep the crowds paying.

::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
::)
cops are the biggest sacks of shit in the world, completely worthless thieves who wait for people to speed or not stop completely at stop signs so they can give them a 150 dollar ticket.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2006, 05:59:05 PM »
cops are the biggest sacks of shit in the world, completely worthless thieves who wait for people to speed or not stop completely at stop signs so they can give them a 150 dollar ticket.

Don't hate the player hate the game! Government is your biggest thief!
just push some weight!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2006, 03:53:20 AM »
i wouldnt....dex's is better for a bunch of reasons...thanks for posting a crap pic of him  to illustrate the point....to claim cc destroys dex in that pose blows your cred out of the water.

Well that is from a contest in which they finished 2nd and 3rd ::)

Are these better or no wait the one of dex probably doesn't look good enough again right...........

Honestly not my favorite pics of Cormier or Dex but this is the best I can do.
I

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2006, 08:49:09 AM »
What about those numbers Luke?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »
Well that is from a contest in which they finished 2nd and 3rd ::)

Are these better or no wait the one of dex probably doesn't look good enough again right...........

Honestly not my favorite pics of Cormier or Dex but this is the best I can do.
This is an interesting comparison of the 2 ways people do this pose...

Chris is doing it the traditional arnold way (semi vacuum) and Dex is doing it with his abs flexed down...

Now Dex has great abs but he is really doing himself no favours here by doing this pose the way he does.

By flexing his abs down and NOT lifting the ribcage up his makes his lats and torso size smaller than he should - the front double bui is really an arm and lat pose first and foremost not an ab pose and his method lets his lats down a lot...

He should realize that even if he did a semi vac he is so lean that the outline of his abs would still be highly visible and that the judges aren't really too stressed if they don't see a full ab flex in this pose...

Here are a couple of good examples even though the chickster ain't in great shape here he does it very well...

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2006, 05:33:59 PM »
What about those numbers Luke?

No luck Sean!!! Damn it!!! i can never win lotto!!! ;D

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2006, 05:39:51 PM »

My father retired after 37 years in the Police Force as a Detective Inspector. He was rank in the top 4 Police Offices before he retired in the state of New South Wales. Was a sniper/bodyguard for George Bush senior, Pope John Paul the second and the Queen of England. We have a whole room full of medals and awards my Father won and never took a back seat to no one. So yes i was brought up strict but couldn't be happier how i turned out. My Father also served with you Americans in the Vietnam war from 1964-1966. I am very proud of him and his incredible achievements.
My brother is a Sergeant in the Police Force and a hell of good Copper!! My Sister is a Senior Constable in the Police Force and i am a Professional Bodybuilder!!! ;D

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2006, 05:41:10 PM »
Don't hate the player hate the game! Government is your biggest thief!

ALEXXX!!! absolutely 100% brother!!!! ;)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »
My father retired after 37 years in the Police Force as a Detective Inspector. He was rank in the top 4 Police Offices before he retired in the state of New South Wales. Was a sniper/bodyguard for George Bush senior, Pope John Paul the second and the Queen of England. We have a whole room full of medals and awards my Father won and never took a back seat to no one. So yes i was brought up strict but couldn't be happier how i turned out. My Father also served with you Americans in the Vietnam war from 1964-1966. I am very proud of him and his incredible achievements.
My brother is a Sergeant in the Police Force and a hell of good Copper!! My Sister is a Senior Constable in the Police Force and i am a Professional Bodybuilder!!! ;D
yeah but luke you gotta admit the nsw cops haven't got the best reputation in the world brother!

fvck some of the stories I could tell you about them in my area...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2006, 08:34:36 AM »
This is an interesting comparison of the 2 ways people do this pose...

Chris is doing it the traditional arnold way (semi vacuum) and Dex is doing it with his abs flexed down...

Now Dex has great abs but he is really doing himself no favours here by doing this pose the way he does.

By flexing his abs down and NOT lifting the ribcage up his makes his lats and torso size smaller than he should - the front double bui is really an arm and lat pose first and foremost not an ab pose and his method lets his lats down a lot...

He should realize that even if he did a semi vac he is so lean that the outline of his abs would still be highly visible and that the judges aren't really too stressed if they don't see a full ab flex in this pose...

Here are a couple of good examples even though the chickster ain't in great shape here he does it very well...

imo Dex looks better than chris there...thicker, bigger arms, thicker chest, better legs, smaller waist, better delts, better shaped lats, far more pleasing aesthetically...

and all teh while he is robbing himself of even more added illusion as you say.

then again ive never been a fan of CC. his legs appear sinewy and dont sweep like others- the way he holds his front DB looks awkward and skewed- tris arent great and all the pec mass is at the top. from the rear he appears to have great detail but lacks thickness across the back in the upper and lower body.

anwhoo i cant figure why the CC fans, and you cant figure why the Dex fans...

i am convinced you are wrong....and you me...

BB is wierd like that eh?

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »
No luck Sean!!! Damn it!!! i can never win lotto!!! ;D

Thats good :) Seriously though, whats your blood pressure looking like? Forget the blood numbers. I'm just curious because the biggest I've ever gotten at a lean weight was 230lbs and at that time i was regularly 135/90 (currently 108/62 widdled down to 215)...  I dont know how you guys could be anywhere near that.... Yeah, I understand its just going to go up from the added mass and all, but well what the hell, you probably cant even get an accurate reading with the size of the arms!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »
imo Dex looks better than chris there...thicker, bigger arms, thicker chest, better legs, smaller waist, better delts, better shaped lats, far more pleasing aesthetically...

and all teh while he is robbing himself of even more added illusion as you say.

then again ive never been a fan of CC. his legs appear sinewy and dont sweep like others- the way he holds his front DB looks awkward and skewed- tris arent great and all the pec mass is at the top. from the rear he appears to have great detail but lacks thickness across the back in the upper and lower body.

anwhoo i cant figure why the CC fans, and you cant figure why the Dex fans...

i am convinced you are wrong....and you me...

BB is wierd like that eh?

True but your wrong and I'm right ;D
I

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »
Cuzz is big as shit.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2006, 12:37:06 PM »
Thats good :) Seriously though, whats your blood pressure looking like? Forget the blood numbers. I'm just curious because the biggest I've ever gotten at a lean weight was 230lbs and at that time i was regularly 135/90 (currently 108/62 widdled down to 215)...  I dont know how you guys could be anywhere near that.... Yeah, I understand its just going to go up from the added mass and all, but well what the hell, you probably cant even get an accurate reading with the size of the arms!

Blood pressure was done 2 weeks ago. Exactly the same as youirs 135/90. My Doctor was happy because for my size this is very good. 
I have had 140/90 a few times, but that bottom number is never ever over 90 which is most important. When i get to about 265lbs its normally 120/80

AVBG

« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2006, 01:19:52 PM »
Blood pressure was done 2 weeks ago. Exactly the same as youirs 135/90. My Doctor was happy because for my size this is very good. 
I have had 140/90 a few times, but that bottom number is never ever over 90 which is most important. When i get to about 265lbs its normally 120/80

G'day Luke,

How you going mate? Any chance of catching up at squashlands this weekend or are you booked?

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2006, 01:32:33 PM »

Wow, thats impressive considering your size. Amazing.

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2006, 02:28:45 PM »
Just O/T here could someone link me to Milos forum ?Thanks

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2006, 02:35:46 PM »
Is that

" The Luke"  ?