Author Topic: If the democrats win the senate... (US)  (Read 1294 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
If the democrats win the senate... (US)
« on: November 08, 2006, 06:16:47 AM »
What does that mean for GWB? They won the House of reps...Hillary easily won her seat, but what does that mean for the republicans between now and the 2008 election?

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: If the democrats win the senate... (US)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 06:21:33 AM »
What does that mean for GWB? They won the House of reps...Hillary easily won her seat, but what does that mean for the republicans between now and the 2008 election?

Same thing is the republicans won..nothing gets done, everybody is going to spend time bitching about Iraq and Bush becomes a two year lame duck until the next election.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 07:05:06 AM »
Same thing is the republicans won..nothing gets done, everybody is going to spend time bitching about Iraq and Bush becomes a two year lame duck until the next election.

well that pretty much summed things up, lol.  It will be the same BS, we couldn't pass the best bill ever, because (insert party) is too behind the times and out for their own interest.  It's the American publicthat has suffered today.  blah blah

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:55:46 AM »
If the Dems win the Senate the only major impact will be the appointment of federal judges.  If Republicans maintain control, liberals better hope Supreme Court justices Stevens and Ginsberg can hold on for another two years (at least). 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 08:00:27 AM »
If the Dems win the Senate the only major impact will be the appointment of federal judges.  If Republicans maintain control, liberals better hope Supreme Court justices Stevens and Ginsberg can hold on for another two years (at least). 
This is really the only impact that I see too, Beach.  It's imperative that the conservatives have leverage to get Supreme Court justices in.  Above all, none of this seems to affect the 2008 election though.  What do you guys think?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 08:38:21 AM »
This is really the only impact that I see too, Beach.  It's imperative that the conservatives have leverage to get Supreme Court justices in.  Above all, none of this seems to affect the 2008 election though.  What do you guys think?

IMO, Democrats will try to play it safe.

Sadly, because I sincerly believe that politics is about visions. And Bush, for all his faults, had visions.

And I'm the first to call him a dumbass, to call his foreign policies wrong. But at least he had strong visions.

It seems like the Democrats currently have none.

They are happy with Bush in office, because he will run a great Democrat campaign in 08. He's a burden to the GOP and a blessing to the Democrats.

The next two years will be a little boring, and Democrats aren't going to take any chances. They will blowtorch their own party for sex scandals, pages, blowjobs and put a ductape on John Kerry.

Just to make sure they are the good guys.

How fcuking dull.

Nobody is asking what the Democrats wants to do. Nobody has been asking that question.

Bush made this election about the war. He's the dumbest cnut on earth. Doesn't he realize that everyone except him and his lackeys are fed up with that shit?

How the Florida GOP candidate avoided Bush speaks volumes.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 08:40:52 AM »

Charlie Crist ran.  I mean, he left the city as Bush flew in.  Incredible.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 09:00:27 AM »
Theyre also saying there will be a recount in Virginia...which could delay results till december

smells like that other time there was a controversial recount  ::)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 09:01:23 AM »
dear bb

stick to dick and fart jokes

regards
the management

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »
Charlie Crist ran.  I mean, he left the city as Bush flew in.  Incredible.

It was the smell of sulfur.

Sorry, poor joke.... :-[

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 09:14:32 AM »
dear bb

stick to dick and fart jokes

regards
the management

i read a few pages of a newspaper today while I was in line at the supermarket buying teeth whitening strips, table tennis paddles and designer jeans ;)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 09:40:35 AM »
i read a few pages of a newspaper today while I was in line at the supermarket buying teeth whitening strips, table tennis paddles and designer jeans ;)

this is more your speed !

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 09:49:35 AM »
IMO, Democrats will try to play it safe.

Sadly, because I sincerly believe that politics is about visions. And Bush, for all his faults, had visions.

And I'm the first to call him a dumbass, to call his foreign policies wrong. But at least he had strong visions.

It seems like the Democrats currently have none.

They are happy with Bush in office, because he will run a great Democrat campaign in 08. He's a burden to the GOP and a blessing to the Democrats.

The next two years will be a little boring, and Democrats aren't going to take any chances. They will blowtorch their own party for sex scandals, pages, blowjobs and put a ductape on John Kerry.

Just to make sure they are the good guys.

How fcuking dull.

Nobody is asking what the Democrats wants to do. Nobody has been asking that question.

Bush made this election about the war. He's the dumbest cnut on earth. Doesn't he realize that everyone except him and his lackeys are fed up with that shit?

YIP
Zack

I agree with much of this.  Democrats ran a one issue campaign (the war).  I don't think they have much to offer other than criticism of the war.  I'll be very interested to see what they propose and how they vote. 

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 11:13:43 AM »
What it all means is that Nancy Pelosi is 3rd. in line if Bush and Chaney were to die before the next election.  That has the Conservatives in a wad.  Every committee that was appointed by the last congress will be headed by a democrate.  Now we'll get a chance to see democracy in action.  Checks and balances are now firmly in place, as they should be.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »
What it all means is that Nancy Pelosi is 3rd. in line if Bush and Chaney were to die before the next election.  That has the Conservatives in a wad.  Every committee that was appointed by the last congress will be headed by a democrate.  Now we'll get a chance to see democracy in action.  Checks and balances are now firmly in place, as they should be.

Agreed.  Ask anyone what we accomplished in the last 2 years.  The answers will be dropped gas prices for 2 months (thanks to a saudi favor) and a Dow spike because of that.  Aside from that, it's just show up, get a check, and keep sending men to war.

Conflict breeds results in congress.  Even when I was a diehard repub, I hoped for a Dem congress because it made the repubs more productive.  And I think most in DC will agree on this, regardless of party.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »
I agree with much of this.  Democrats ran a one issue campaign (the war).  I don't think they have much to offer other than criticism of the war.  I'll be very interested to see what they propose and how they vote. 

Hopefully, the Democrats will be forced to produce some ideas of their own during these two years.

Best case scenario: A vitalized political climate, with tough political debates focusing on issues. Increased activity in the house and the senate. Also

Worst case scenario: An impotent leadership.

And also:

We get the politicians we deserve. In other words: Those politicians that actually avoid the easy rhetorics and instead talks about more boring, but more real issues during the election campaigns...

They get owned.

Look at John Edwards. He tried to talk about making things better for the poor, but got thoroughly owned by John Kerry in the primaries last election.

Nobody wants to hear about the poor. They don't vote anyway. We want to hear about who sent SMS and who got his dick blown.

We're assholes.

And we're getting fcuked deservingly.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 06:30:09 AM »
well...they won  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 07:55:04 AM »
Yep.  I think they won on election day, because Lieberman is a Democrat.