Author Topic: Need help please!!!  (Read 7856 times)

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
Need help please!!!
« on: November 08, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
Hey
Im 19, i compete in natural shows as a teen
i have some big troubles with my lowerback-glute-hamstring section
i dont know what it is, maybe i dont have enough muscle there or i dont get lean and dry enough.
i basically diet with a low carb diet, and i do 40-60mins 6km/h incline treadmill walking 7 days a week

Any help will be appreciated
:D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Need help please!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 03:43:39 AM »
Hey
Im 19, i compete in natural shows as a teen
i have some big troubles with my lowerback-glute-hamstring section
i dont know what it is, maybe i dont have enough muscle there or i dont get lean and dry enough.
i basically diet with a low carb diet, and i do 40-60mins 6km/h incline treadmill walking

Any help will be appreciated

DEADLIFTS

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 03:34:15 PM »
Defnitely and Squats Hack Presses ect..... The trick is also dont wuss out! lift as much as you can safely lift!

As Colman stated everyone wants to be big but no one wants to lift any heavy ass wieghts ;)
P

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:20:01 PM »
Defnitely and Squats Hack Presses ect..... The trick is also dont wuss out! lift as much as you can safely lift!

As Colman stated everyone wants to be big but no one wants to lift any heavy ass wieghts ;)

Deadlifts and squat ass to the grass. Going rock bottom on squats will help with ham,glute seperation.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »
Deadlifts and squat ass to the grass. Going rock bottom on squats will help with ham,glute seperation.

Il second that, i did front squats the other day ( i seem to go lower on front squats than i do on back squats), and went ass to grass (at 6'2 thats a long way to go down), and my ass is sore lol.

davie

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 04:41:11 AM »
thanks for the help, But what about my diet and cardio, basically the only carbs i have whilst dieting is my 1/2cup oats in the morning, people say i should have more carbs like brown rice during the day, so im going to start dieting like that, and also i think i had too much peanut butter, like 4-5 TABLEspoons a day, I cut that out completely now tho so i could see what will happen,
basically i change my diet from HighPro, LowCarb and no sugar, to HighPro, LowCarb and No Sugar
whats your thought about my diet changing etc, i weigh 87 or so by the way

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 04:56:08 AM »
As stated, try some BB squats with the first set being about 20 reps to really burn them out, then up the weight and do low reps for about 3 or 4 sets. You're working both types of muscle fiber that way.

Also, some hamstring curls might be good to bring out the hams, or some stiff legged Deadlifts.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 05:33:45 AM »
But all your energy comes from carbs ??? I didint get the low carb thing, and fail to see how anyone could be an all out effective limit pusher with an energy deficiency?
Not trying to be smart or anything it just doesn't make sense to me.
P

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »
But all your energy comes from carbs ??? I didint get the low carb thing, and fail to see how anyone could be an all out effective limit pusher with an energy deficiency?
Not trying to be smart or anything it just doesn't make sense to me.

He is talking about precontest dieting (I presume). I would bump my carbs up if I was you. You need some carbs preworkout as well. When I was precontest during the day I would eat a piece of whole grain bread (with my three middle meals) instead of rice. This works out to like an extra 90 grams of carbs a day which helped with keeping out of ketosis. I believe that I wasnt eating enough then and next time will be eating closer to 200g a day minimum.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 03:07:20 PM »
hit the stairs and the stiff leg deadlifts

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »
DEADLIFTS

davie

*nods*

and how many carbs is low carbs?

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 03:40:58 PM »
*nods*

and how many carbs is low carbs?
well the only carbs i had whilst pre-contest dieting was 1/2cup of oats in the morning, my problem was i had to much fat and not enough carbs,
i started having 1 cup of oats in the morning, 1 cup of brown rice in meal 2, 1 cup brown rice in meal 3, 40g post training carbs, and a small potato for dinner, and dropped my fat to about 20g, i have been doing it for the last 2 weeks and i am seeing results already, its much better dieting with carbs, and also im having more green veggies so that prob helps to get rid of water under my skin.
thanks for all the help,

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 01:59:51 AM »
well the only carbs i had whilst pre-contest dieting was 1/2cup of oats in the morning, my problem was i had to much fat and not enough carbs,
i started having 1 cup of oats in the morning, 1 cup of brown rice in meal 2, 1 cup brown rice in meal 3, 40g post training carbs, and a small potato for dinner, and dropped my fat to about 20g, i have been doing it for the last 2 weeks and i am seeing results already, its much better dieting with carbs, and also im having more green veggies so that prob helps to get rid of water under my skin.
thanks for all the help,

I know dieting must b different but arent u kinda tireed alot with no carbs (or almost no carbs)????

I have carbs in meal one, carbs in meal 2 (shake).... baked potato as carb source in meal 3.... cup of pasta as carb source in meal 4.... carbs in meal replacement shake aftern gym.... then probs boiled potatoes in evening meal (6).... sum carbs in meal replacement shake just b4 bed (7).

davie

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 02:16:10 AM »
I know dieting must b different but arent u kinda tireed alot with no carbs (or almost no carbs)????

I have carbs in meal one, carbs in meal 2 (shake).... baked potato as carb source in meal 3.... cup of pasta as carb source in meal 4.... carbs in meal replacement shake aftern gym.... then probs boiled potatoes in evening meal (6).... sum carbs in meal replacement shake just b4 bed (7).

davie
yeah, i do get tired and annoyed most times, but i got used to it, im not going to low carb diet again.
the carbs you just told me about, is it for contest dieting or off-season????

Kilroy

• Getbig II
  • All Natural
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 11:50:39 AM »
carbs are essential for growth. of course contest diet limits carbs. But I feel that you cant build a back and legs with low carbs. You need a lot of volume and weight. Stiff legged deads and heavy ham curls could help maybe some good mornings as well.
All Natural

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 04:27:33 AM »
yeah, i do get tired and annoyed most times, but i got used to it, im not going to low carb diet again.
the carbs you just told me about, is it for contest dieting or off-season????

Sorry its taken years to respond. The carbs i mentioned are just carbs i take in all the time, sometimes more, i dont really have an off-season as im not competeing.

davie

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 03:59:15 AM »
Post some more pics of other body parts.  Looks like you got a decent build. 

Also, someone mentioned you DONT want to be in ketosis when contest dieting...why not?  Energy levels go up when you're in ketosis because your body is using fat as a fuel.  When you are just eating a very low number of carbs, but arent in ketosis I would think energy would go WAY down b/c carbs are you're fuel and you are limiting them pretty severly, but not enough to enter ketosis. 

I have been dieting on a low carb diet for about 4 months now.  I lost about 30 lbs.  carbs 40g a day usually.  I try to get the majority of the 40 grams in before and after I lift.  My calories went as low as 1500 per day.  I have now sort of hit the wall because my weight has been staying very steady where im at, but i havent been eating as strictly lately with all the holiday food being around.  Seems like ketosis works though.  Everyone once in a while I would just take a day and eat a lot of carbs (200grams maybe) to shock my system, and then go back onto the regular diet.

Explanations on Ketosis and the pros and cons?
I had a similar problem with glute and hamstring separation-my upper body came in really quickly but legs took more time.Just stick to the diet and you will get there-it took me about 22 weeks.I had a lot more carbs than you though-150-200g,200-220g protein and about 30-40 g fat.Started off doing lots of cardio but cut it down as the diet progressed.Instead I did 4 sets of 15 rep squats 3 times a week with 45seconds between sets at the start of each workout-seemed to work quite well.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »
thanks for all the help,

bingo! yeah i switched to that method too from reading that ebook , best move ever , and quit my marathon cardio sessions in exchange for HIIT

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 01:28:05 PM »
fucck the "ketosis" bullshit, keep it simple, you're way too small to be doing so much cardio, it's tearing the muscle off your legs, lay off the cardio completely for a few months and EAT!!!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 04:42:22 AM »
David Dearth used to do treadmill at 10 degree incline, 3.5-4mph and with each stride he would tense his glutes....

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 07:32:43 PM »
thanks for all the help,
thats not low carbs.

ive been dieting on about 20-40 grams of carbs a day maximum for 6 months straight.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »
an educated response would be helpful.  that isnt me in the pics, so u dont know what i look like.  i am trying to get ready for a contest, so comments on the ketosis diet might be helpful.
that is an educated response, it doesn't take a genius to see that the guy in that picture is just overall too small, he should lay off the cardio completely and squat and leg press heavy and deep and focus on getting enough calories to grow.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 09:54:06 AM »
that is an educated response, it doesn't take a genius to see that the guy in that picture is just overall too small, he should lay off the cardio completely and squat and leg press heavy and deep and focus on getting enough calories to grow.

I agree.  Thats the best response your gonna get, unless you want it sugarcoated or dont wanna hear what were telling you.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »
I agree.  Thats the best response your gonna get, unless you want it sugarcoated or dont wanna hear what were telling you.
yeah, i wasn't trying to be an asshole by saying that but sometimes you have to hear the truth bluntly, too many guys think they can do tons of cardio and eat super clean and get bigger and grow, it just doesn't work that way especially for "natural" trainers.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 10:58:46 PM »
candidate, what are your results like.  curious to see if the very low carb diet will make a really ripped physique.
phenomenal. approaching 70 lbs of fat that ive alrewady lost...and my strength is actually slowly rising the whole time as well.   but; i would not recommend this to you.    i have an extremely slow metabolism.    for the normal prson; i would say eat about 80 grams of carbs a day: 40 grams pre workout, 40 grams immidietly post workout. make each serving half sinple, half complex carbs..   the only reason you need carbs as a bodybuilder is for energy while lifting; and to boost insulin post workout..  it serves no other purpose.    80 grams of carbs equals 320 calories...and one chicken breast equals about 200 calories...so that leaves you being able to eat over 10 chicken breats a day!! and still lose weight! as long as you arent eating any other foods or carbs.    but you must supplement with efa's three times daily, that way your body will let stored body fat be burned as fuerl. if you are not consuming any fat in your diet; your body is unable to burn off its own....and you dont want to consume any other fats other than the esssentials to maximize fat loss.    cardio morning and night at low intensuty; if that diet isnt enough... but im sure it will be.

write that shit down..because its fucking golden. ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool