Author Topic: Why isn't religion banned?  (Read 9985 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Why isn't religion banned?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2006, 07:55:42 AM »
Let's face it - in the modern society we live in today, religion has no place. Controversial I know, but no matter what religion you look at, it's policies, laws, doctrines and other rules simply have no relevance to modern life.
What good does religion do? It's been the cause of more wars, anger, deaths, bitterness, racism, arguments, and civil unrest than any other factor in human history. The very existence of God has never been proven so why do people believe in something which simply isn't there?
My point is, shouldn't something be done to make the world a better place for all and make any form of false idol worship illegal - that way, there should be no excuse for any more deaths as a result of religion.

There. I've said my piece.

Ban religion.  8)

Good concept, but religion is too much of a big-money industry at this point.  No one wants their cash cow killed, so they'll fight to the death to perpetuate it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2007, 09:03:36 AM »
i dont know much about the bible, but isnt there alot of facts of science in it that are astounding, for instance doenst it imply that the earth is held by nothing and is round much before the discovery etc. loco might know something about this, i think prophecy is the best way to verify the bibles veracity overall.

Yes.  At the time when these were written, people believed that the earth was flat and that it was held up by four elephants or by Atlas.

Isaiah 40:22
"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:"

Proverbs 8:27
"When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:"

Job 26:7
"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 10:25:11 AM »
Wow, some of you get this im sure, but most seem to miss it- RELIGION DOES MORE GOOD THAN BAD! It has more to do with positive things, being a good person, helping the less fortunate, helping ourselves etc. Religion is not good, it's great, and without it this world would fall apart into chaos and mayhem. Look back at sodom and gomora! Do any of you realize just how incredibly fragile our "civilized" society is? Trust me, we are at all times on the brink of total disorder in society, look at what happened during the katrina crisis!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2007, 10:27:15 AM »
Wow, some of you get this im sure, but most seem to miss it- RELIGION DOES MORE GOOD THAN BAD! It has more to do with positive things, being a good person, helping the less fortunate, helping ourselves etc. Religion is not good, it's great, and without it this world would fall apart into chaos and mayhem. Look back at sodom and gomora! Do any of you realize just how incredibly fragile our "civilized" society is? Trust me, we are at all times on the brink of total disorder in society, look at what happened during the katrina crisis!

Good post!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 06:36:19 AM »
Let's face it - in the modern society we live in today, religion has no place. Controversial I know, but no matter what religion you look at, it's policies, laws, doctrines and other rules simply have no relevance to modern life.
What good does religion do? It's been the cause of more wars, anger, deaths, bitterness, racism, arguments, and civil unrest than any other factor in human history. The very existence of God has never been proven so why do people believe in something which simply isn't there?
My point is, shouldn't something be done to make the world a better place for all and make any form of false idol worship illegal - that way, there should be no excuse for any more deaths as a result of religion.

Ban religion.  8)

It's a moot point in the United States given the Bill of Rights (for which you could never get political support to modify).

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »
Wow, some of you get this im sure, but most seem to miss it- RELIGION DOES MORE GOOD THAN BAD!

How do you know?

A lot of wars are started and currently going on based on religion.

So what evidence do you have that religion does more good than bad?

Look back at sodom and gomora!

You know that there is no evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah existed, right?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »
How do you know?

A lot of wars are started and currently going on based on religion. I thought wars were based on oil and money? Suddenly it's religion? Noone has a straight answer, the crusades were the last religous wars that I can think of. MOst wars now are political.

So what evidence do you have that religion does more good than bad? Most childrens relief funds are christian based, and the US, a christian country, sends more food and other aid to failing countries than most other countries combined.

You know that there is no evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah existed, right? Uh yeah, God destroyed it. WHat do you expect, a granite monument out in the desert?

-Hedge

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:58 PM »
religious principles are the most good natured principles i can think of. secular humanism pales in comparison. people do bad things, and bad things in the name of religion, but true esoteric truth and religious teachings are pure. i could go kill my mother and say it was for jesus, that isnt bad religion, thats bad person. people keep getting the two mixed up, read some real religious teaching.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2007, 09:26:52 PM »
religious principles are the most good natured principles i can think of. secular humanism pales in comparison. people do bad things, and bad things in the name of religion, but true esoteric truth and religious teachings are pure. i could go kill my mother and say it was for jesus, that isnt bad religion, thats bad person. people keep getting the two mixed up, read some real religious teaching.

+1

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »
I thought wars were based on oil and money? Suddenly it's religion? Noone has a straight answer, the crusades were the last religous wars that I can think of. MOst wars now are political.

Conflicts evolving around religion (current), naming a few: Sudan, Algeria, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, India-Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal, Israel/Palestine...

That's just on top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

And that's what's currently going on - between now and the crusades, there's been lots of religiously based conflicts.

BTW, I recommend a book called The Clash of Civilizations, by Samuel P Huntington, he predicted back in the 90's, that the conflict between Islam and the Western World would follow the East-West conflict.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

OneBigMan

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2007, 03:14:03 PM »

Ban religion.  8)

The reasons why religion isn't banned is because it is a mix of too many contradictions and the world that exists is based on devilish doctrines and the end of spiritual evil is so far behind schedule that I still have not forgotten the uneventful year 2000 TWO THOUSAND ZERO.

Why should anybody keep counting the years after the first year 2000 since we are sitting in this late hate date in another new year of January :-\  :(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
I believe that religion is like Mapquest. it can help guide you to get to spiritual equilibrium, but like Mapquest, you can take some wrong turns, because it not entirely 100% correct.  Religion can be a good or a bad thing, it just relys on the hearts of men and women to make it either. It is Human beings due to their arrogance/ignorance factor , plus egotism that messes up Religion.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »
Wow, some of you get this im sure, but most seem to miss it- RELIGION DOES MORE GOOD THAN BAD!

No sir.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2007, 04:27:47 AM »

Good post!

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2007, 03:59:18 AM »
We are in a time that was prophesied and soon enough the Author of this thread will soon have his wish.False religion has been a scourge on mankind,and the governments and authorities wont tolerate religious wars for too much longer..