Author Topic: Democrat Vilsack launches run for White House  (Read 833 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Democrat Vilsack launches run for White House
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:29:57 AM »
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Democratic Gov. Tom Vilsack of Iowa took the initial step in his long-shot bid for the White House Thursday, establishing a presidential campaign committee and seeking an early jump on 2008.

"Americans sent a clear message on Tuesday. They want leaders who will take this country in a new direction," Vilsack, Iowa's two-term governor, said in a statement. "They want leaders who share their values, understand their needs, and respect their intelligence. That's what I've done as governor of Iowa, and that's what I intend to do as president."

Vilsack filed documents with the Federal Election Commission to create the committee.

Although the favorite son in the early voting state, the Democratic governor has trailed the other potential candidates in early polling, among them front-runner New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and 2004 vice presidential nominee John Edwards.

Vilsack is the first Democrat to make a formal declaration for the presidency although a number of better known candidates are presumed to be running.

Can he really be this clueless?  He hasn't a snowball's chance in hell.  If this guy becomes President, I'll kiss a girl!  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Democrat Vilsack launches run for White House
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:37 AM »
They're all running second to Hillary and second is wide open, unless John Edwards throws his hat in the ring. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 09:38:05 AM »
don't forget Obama.  Our generation's JFK.  Side by side in a debate, he might expose Hilary as the dismissive sidetalker that she is.  A fresh face like him, appealing to voters who know Hilary is nothing more than a rival faction to bush's in the NWo machine, might do some damage.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
I'll be very surprised if a half black man becomes a presidential frontrunner.  Colin Powell could have done it, but not sure Obama can.  All he has done at the national level is give a good convention speech and serve a couple years in the Senate.  He'll have to talk about where he stands on issues before he becomes a legitimate candidate.  Lots of potential candidates look good, until they start talking about the issues.  Remember Howard Dean? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 09:50:19 AM »
I'll be very surprised if a half black man becomes a presidential frontrunner.  Colin Powell could have done it, but not sure Obama can.  All he has done at the national level is give a good convention speech and serve a couple years in the Senate.  He'll have to talk about where he stands on issues before he becomes a legitimate candidate.  Lots of potential candidates look good, until they start talking about the issues.  Remember Howard Dean? 

Howard Dean would have won his primary if not for a magical overnight flipflop in polls (he goes from ten points up to 20 points down overnight thanks to shady IOWA voting precicnts? Gimme a break).

I've heard him speak a lot.  Very mature guy, yet very witty and coy.  He has another year to get well versed in every political topic and be prepped to battle a Rudy or mcCain in the VP debate.  With the nation become more diverse every day, and 90% of us being at least somewhat tired of white guys in ties running shit into the ground, a Hilary-Obama ticket might be a fresh change.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 09:58:47 AM »
There was nothing magical about Dean's demise.  He just opened his mouth. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 10:06:19 AM »
There was nothing magical about Dean's demise.  He just opened his mouth. 

No, that silly "We're going to california... and texas... and blah blah" rant came the evening after his clock was cleaned in iowa. 

I can't stand Dean, but I do believe he was robbed by fraud.  Kerry was pegged by many "crazy comspiracy nuts" as the one who would be selected, since he and Bush shared that secret college group connection and were cousins.  A year before the election, when Kerry was a poor 4th, many knew he'd win.  He was a chosen candidate to lose. 

You can laugh at it and play dumb, but it's all out there.  Check out:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361295658241167128&q=alex+jones+2004+election&hl=en

This video chronicles the "inside job" that was the 2004 election.  (And please, don't be a douche who shits on it before looking at the facts)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 10:08:57 AM »
No, that silly "We're going to california... and texas... and blah blah" rant came the evening after his clock was cleaned in iowa. 

I can't stand Dean, but I do believe he was robbed by fraud.  Kerry was pegged by many "crazy comspiracy nuts" as the one who would be selected, since he and Bush shared that secret college group connection and were cousins.  A year before the election, when Kerry was a poor 4th, many knew he'd win.  He was a chosen candidate to lose. 

You can laugh at it and play dumb, but it's all out there.  Check out:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361295658241167128&q=alex+jones+2004+election&hl=en

This video chronicles the "inside job" that was the 2004 election.  (And please, don't be a douche who shits on it before looking at the facts)

240 are you saying Howard lost the Democrat primary because of a conspiracy? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »
240 are you saying Howard lost the Democrat primary because of a conspiracy? 

I am saying:

1) The Iowa caucus results were very strange compared to polling data, and

2) Many signs pointed to a Bush/Kerry race due to their college secret group affiliation and larger connections

Check out the video, man.  It floored me, just how many of the pieces make sense.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 10:48:56 AM »
True Dat! 

Shawn Ray used to look great in photo shoots leading up to the Olympia.... that is until Lee Haney or Dorian Yates stood next to him.  Politicians suffer the same plights.  Rudy Guliani looks great as a candidate now, but when all the politicians are debating on the same platform, his stance in favor of some unpopular social issues amongst conservatives will put him in a predicament quickly!