Author Topic: VOLUME TRAINING!!!!!  (Read 6653 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: VOLUME TRAINING!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 08:08:51 PM »
f**k that.

You can either train hard or long but you can't do both.

That makes no sense at all. Training hard does not mean that you have to stress your andrenal glands to call it a hard workout. Train the muscle and forget about your CNS.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 08:09:33 PM »
my new plan is like this

bulking days im thinking 10 days in a row straight up bulk and cardio and weights

2-3 days of cut just mad cardio increase duration and intensity if possible
let us know how this goes. im thinking about doing something similar at least over the cool season, on workout days and the next day or so when im really sore just eating like a fucking animal and then on off days eating very little and very clean and doing cardio on those days.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 12:17:02 AM »
Hey Max, would you advocate this type of training for the drug free bbr? (2x a week)? or would you go with the current popular method (1x per week- bodypart)?

Yes as I-one said I would recommend it with a slight variation. No I do not like nor have I ever thrived on 1X a week per body-part. I turned into a pile of shit training like that (a pair-shaped old man to be accurate-those days are long gone glad to say). When I returned back to my old standard so did my physique. I had 30 people approach me at the gym asking how I trained, ate etc. 

The variation would be training body-parts 2 times in 8 days. Either do a 3 day on 1 day off, 2 on 1 off (Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat) OR a 4 day a week routine (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri) but split the body 3 ways (Chest/Back, shoulder arm, legs) and just keep following the split on the training days. This give a little more recovery than how we trained with Rory or Danny but still keeps the volume and frequency high. Is that clear?
I also thive on training FAST with little or no rest and supersets. I get bigger, stronger and leaner. It's difficult for about 3 weeks and then you adapt. When I hit a set, I'm still recovering from the last one. You have to take on a mindset like it doesn't matter. Just keep pushing yourself. Focus on your goal and let nothing stop you. It's an entirely different type of intensity than Jones and Mentzer preached. It's intensity over multiple sets vs one set.

Also training drug-free you HAVE to keep the diet consistent, 6 meals, enough protein carbs and fats. And you HAVE to do regular cardio but don’t over do it. By the way, I NEVER di cardio in the gym. I do mine on the street, walking, biking, stairs etc. Why do it in the gym (unless it's snowing or raining) when you can have fun doing it. Gym cardio is boring as hell.

and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 12:33:14 AM »
f**k that.

You can either train hard or long but you can't do both. Training intensity and duration exist as an inverse ratio.

You will plateau again in 2 weeks. Good luck.

That's a quote from Jones and simply not true.
and keep moving!

sammy1980

• Getbig II
  • congrats to the new mr o: melvin anthony
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 05:05:10 AM »
Yes as I-one said I would recommend it with a slight variation. No I do not like nor have I ever thrived on 1X a week per body-part. I turned into a pile of shit training like that (a pair-shaped old man to be accurate-those days are long gone glad to say). When I returned back to my old standard so did my physique. I had 30 people approach me at the gym asking how I trained, ate etc. 

The variation would be training body-parts 2 times in 8 days. Either do a 3 day on 1 day off, 2 on 1 off (Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat) OR a 4 day a week routine (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri) but split the body 3 ways (Chest/Back, shoulder arm, legs) and just keep following the split on the training days. This give a little more recovery than how we trained with Rory or Danny but still keeps the volume and frequency high. Is that clear?
I also thive on training FAST with little or no rest and supersets. I get bigger, stronger and leaner. It's difficult for about 3 weeks and then you adapt. When I hit a set, I'm still recovering from the last one. You have to take on a mindset like it doesn't matter. Just keep pushing yourself. Focus on your goal and let nothing stop you. It's an entirely different type of intensity than Jones and Mentzer preached. It's intensity over multiple sets vs one set.

Also training drug-free you HAVE to keep the diet consistent, 6 meals, enough protein carbs and fats. And you HAVE to do regular cardio but don’t over do it. By the way, I NEVER di cardio in the gym. I do mine on the street, walking, biking, stairs etc. Why do it in the gym (unless it's snowing or raining) when you can have fun doing it. Gym cardio is boring as hell.

reminds me alot of what serge nubret did! east german scientists proved back in the 60s that experienced lifters need as much as 150reps bodypart to grow...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 07:00:33 AM »
let us know how this goes. im thinking about doing something similar at least over the cool season, on workout days and the next day or so when im really sore just eating like a fucking animal and then on off days eating very little and very clean and doing cardio on those days.

i wouldnt eat too little, because the less intramuscular fats we have stored the less likely your body will want to realease adipose tissue. so on low days i would do a high fat but lowish carb 150 carbs and below but around 100-150 grams of fat
A

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 07:09:38 AM »
I work out for a average of about 2 hours a day, yesterday was almost 3 hours cause after my main workout I did some extra for traps and calves, I tend to stop once I have to sacrifice the weight I normally use to continue. Volume training for me doubles as cardio and I have been doing it for quite some time now, my lifting partner is now starting to work out an extra 1/2 hour or so instead of doing cardio as he sees the results I get.
I

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »
if your whole shirt or tank top isnt coverd in a trail of sweat from top to the bottom you are not working out hard enough
A

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »
if your whole shirt or tank top isnt coverd in a trail of sweat from top to the bottom you are not working out hard enough

True that 8)
I

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2006, 10:19:28 PM »

Your training looks awefully similar to mine. I train each muscle group twice every 8 days. 1 on 1 off 2 on. Same muscle group breakdown as yours. Tried everything the last decade and this is what works best for me. But i don't always stick to it i do what my body tells me to do.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2006, 10:48:49 PM »
Your training looks awefully similar to mine. I train each muscle group twice every 8 days. 1 on 1 off 2 on. Same muscle group breakdown as yours. Tried everything the last decade and this is what works best for me. But i don't always stick to it i do what my body tells me to do.

Of couse you have to do what's best for you. I've also found that I get good results by cutting back the volume for three weeks and then going high volume for three weeks. Then of course work and other obligations can force a day off or a short workout. I just pick up where I left off.
and keep moving!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2006, 10:52:35 PM »
Of couse you have to do what's best for you. I've also found that I get good results by cutting back the volume for three weeks and then going high volume for three weeks. Then of course work and other obligations can force a day off or a short workout. I just pick up where I left off.

David, check your PM's reguarding Rory.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2006, 11:10:21 PM »
check out this site John Matrix.. www.robthoburn.com . This guy has some interesting philosophy for training.

I recently read some of Rob Thoburn's training methodology and have been trying it out at the end of my workouts. Sometimes I do his recommeneded 6 sets with brief rests and descending weights, but I've also just gone for complete burnout just doing rest-pause on my last exercise until I can only get out a couple reps with decent form. If possible I like to use an exercise that puts constant tension on the muscle as i feel I get more out of that long extended set that way, and as an added benefit it tends to hit ancillary and stabilizer muscles better. Again, this is just how it's worked for me. Right now I've been Dorian HIT style training for my larger bodyparts, and adding the high volume set at the end has seemed to get me better results. i do train every bodypart more than once a week though, usually twice every 10 days.
I min/max my physique