Author Topic: Way to go African Americans.... Katrina may have bit Bush in the ass...  (Read 12925 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Way to go African Americans.... Katrina may have bit Bush in the ass...
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 04:44:05 PM »

Oh, like what I said was really waaaaaay off the mark.  ::)

Is that like a trick question? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 04:46:52 PM »
No, actually, I think you'll see the number of Republican votes go up higher for blacks.  Not high, but a trend will show blacks are voting more conservative.  Blacks got out to vote AGAINST gay marriage.  This isn't a civil rights issue as those who are for gay marriage are trying to depict.  And the results will show that. 

I tend to agree.  I hope the Republicans break the stranglehold Democrats have on black voters.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 04:48:06 PM »
I tend to agree.  I hope the Republicans break the stranglehold Democrats have on black voters.   

of course you do ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 04:50:37 PM »
of course you do ::)

Oh go look at your pictures of naked women.  Maybe you should finding a real one.  On second thought . . . . .

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 05:00:03 PM »
Oh go look at your pictures of naked women.  Maybe you should finding a real one.  On second thought . . . . .
:o The only guy to mock my fine collection of primo ass pics.... OK... Zip it fagboy... Go lick your picture of haggart  :-X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 05:03:43 PM »
:o The only guy to mock my fine collection of primo ass pics.... OK... Zip it fagboy... Go lick your picture of haggart  :-X

lol.  Okay.  One of us has an intimate relationship with a woman.  One of us masturbates to computer pictures. 

Just fyi, you're the one who jacks off to computerized pictures. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 05:32:13 PM »
Well, I'm black and a Dem, but I voted Rep. I live in MD and I believe Michael Steele was the better choice than Cardin. I also believed that Gov. Erhlich would have been better than Baltimore's Mayor O'Malley. How are you going to have 7 Police Comm. in 7 years (from NYC), and they all have issues. Too bad both lost.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 11:06:17 AM »
Well, I'm black and a Dem, but I voted Rep. I live in MD and I believe Michael Steele was the better choice than Cardin. I also believed that Gov. Erhlich would have been better than Baltimore's Mayor O'Malley. How are you going to have 7 Police Comm. in 7 years (from NYC), and they all have issues. Too bad both lost.   

You need to be more vocal man.  The old guard is wedded to the Democrat party.  Nothing more than blind allegiance.  Democrats do very little for the rising black middle class.  Or blacks in general for that matter.   

I was reading an article the other day that talked about how some black and white members of the local ACLU went nuts when Clarence Thomas was invited to participate in some forum.  The two black lawyers on the ACLU board wrote letters calling Thomas an Uncle Tom and even compared him to some pretty bad historical figures.  What are they afraid of? 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 02:46:09 PM »
The black vote is up because of the gay marriage ban.  I promise you that.  You'll see a HUGE difference in 2008 as to which way these folks voted.  It won't automatically go to the Democratic party.  I guarantee it, bro!

Colossus, are most black voters voters against gay marriage? Most of the black people I know or work with are very devout Christians and believe homosexuality is against god's will.
The House that Ruth built

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 05:05:34 PM »
calling Thomas an Uncle Tom

What are they afraid of? 

Well, Thomas couldn't even compare to Uncle Tom of Uncle Tom's Cabin, one needs to read the book and see that the phrase "Uncle Tom", needs not to be applied to sellouts. I don't like Clarence because he reminds of  the kid in elementary school who snitched on anyone who did anything "against the rules".
 Or the slave that told Massa, that there was going to be a uprising. He just has that feeling about him, like a pariah of some sort. Like Armstrong Williams. They are both the polar opposites of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, but just as worse. Neither of them speak for my interests , nor will they ever.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 07:11:37 PM »
All black people I know lean liberal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006, 12:21:28 AM »
Well, Thomas couldn't even compare to Uncle Tom of Uncle Tom's Cabin, one needs to read the book and see that the phrase "Uncle Tom", needs not to be applied to sellouts. I don't like Clarence because he reminds of  the kid in elementary school who snitched on anyone who did anything "against the rules".
 Or the slave that told Massa, that there was going to be a uprising. He just has that feeling about him, like a pariah of some sort. Like Armstrong Williams. They are both the polar opposites of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, but just as worse. Neither of them speak for my interests , nor will they ever.

Actually, Uncle Tom wasn't a bad guy at all IMO.  Sambo was the real villain in Uncle Tom's Cabin. 

I wasn't really endorsing Thomas, just pointing out that some of the older black people almost appear as though they are afraid of black conservatives. 

As far as Armstrong Williams goes, I never liked him.  Jesse needs to go quietly into that good night and raise his illegitimate child.  Al Sharpton needs to go back to being a pimp.  :) 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2006, 06:15:51 AM »
All black people I know lean liberal.

Actually, many are quite conservative. More than you might realize. Remember, I think there was post about how many black people hit the polls due the whole gay marriage topic. Many predominately black churches don't even touch on the topic of homsexuality.

It is thought that black folk are liberal due to the 60's civil rights era. Yeah, you know giving black people civil rights is very liberal ::). And those who supported that, were seen as libs.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 07:04:24 AM »
Actually, many are quite conservative. More than you might realize. Remember, I think there was post about how many black people hit the polls due the whole gay marriage topic. Many predominately black churches don't even touch on the topic of homsexuality.

It is thought that black folk are liberal due to the 60's civil rights era. Yeah, you know giving black people civil rights is very liberal ::). And those who supported that, were seen as libs.
There probably are many conservative blacks.  I imagine a great deal of the religious crowd is probably pretty conservative.  ???

But stuff like this is going to affect how they vote for a republican Bush-rubberstamp congress:

In what may turn out to be one of the biggest free-falls in the history of presidential polling, President Bush's job-approval rating among African Americans has dropped to 2 percent, according to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2005/10/13/BL2005101300885.html

And in the end... you can be conservative and democrat or liberal and republican.