Author Topic: Sunday night football with Costas, Collinsworth, Sharpe, and Bettis  (Read 1304 times)

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
What role do they actually play with SNF and do they add ANY insight to the game being played?

I have watched SNF every week now and I have literally only see these guys talk for about a TOTAL of 4 or 5 minutes every game!  What kind of job is that?  Do they add any benefit to the viewers when they review 2 games?

Does anyone ever think that as well?
Sleep Big.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
Re: Sunday night football with Costas, Collinsworth, Sharpe, and Bettis
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:55:43 PM »
it's the BUS man. he just won a super bowl. everyone loves him. put him in front of the camera. who cares what he talks about. he's the BUS!

Go Big Red!!!

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:18:54 PM »
That is not what I was asking.

I am a die-hard Steelers and Bus fan, but I don't know what any of them are doing on that show.

Sleep Big.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 09:22:49 PM »
None of the other similar shows are any different.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:20:20 PM »

I am a die-hard Steelers and Bus fan, but I don't know what any of them are doing on that show.

i was just being an ass. i know what you're talking about. as annoying as chris berman could be sometimes, i really miss the recaps that him and tom jackson used to do before the sunday night game on espn. they'd actually review key plays in each game and not just flash scores.

bob costas has been nothing more than a talking head since his idiotic ramblings about michael johnson in the '96 olympics IMO
Go Big Red!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »
the bus looked huge and seemed to be enjoying himself

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 11:15:56 AM »
having the Bus on as a commentator is usless, he is a great guy and a Hall of Famer and all but he is terrible. Chris Collinsworth is good at what he does and is wasting his talent on NBS's SNF. they also have to many damn advertisements, "Home Depot Play of the Day, Starbucks offensive player of the day, Wal-Mart hit of the day, it gets irritating.

by far the worst commentator/analyst is Shannon Sharpe on CBS. he is constantly bumbling his words and seems to not know which play he will be discussing. he never seems to be prepared.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:36:47 PM »
None of the other similar shows are any different.

I agree man. I used to love watching nfl primetime and sh*t like that back in the day. It's gone now. Sh*t went POP or something. lol. All the pre and post game shows are trash now.

Bring back the old school and get away from all that "E" entertainment hollywood genre. This is football. I want to see highlights of mofo's getting laid out, ran over and faces stomped.....not the latest endzone dance or the jump shot after a tackle is made. I don't want to hear about Brad and Anjolina, Britney,KFED...non of this elephant sh*t while i'm getting my NFL on.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »
Give me vintage John Madden and Pat Summerall any day over these morons. FOX ruined televised football when it outbid CBS for the NFC games in the early 90's.
The House that Ruth built

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 03:42:08 PM »
Give me vintage John Madden and Pat Summerall any day over these morons. FOX ruined televised football when it outbid CBS for the NFC games in the early 90's.

100% correct. They tried to bring over damn near all of the staff but just never really pulled it off in my opinion, so they added all these different angles and quirks to their show (weather girls and sh*t, some fat dude picking games like he's a guru, shopping for a ps3 with Terry and Howie)   WTF

It's all garbage. That fool with the horse face that calls games with troy aikman is supposed to be their "guy"...he's garbage and still to this day his color commentating is woodpecker sh*t. He needs to go back to baseball or golf where he belongs.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 03:49:33 PM »
100% correct. They tried to bring over damn near all of the staff but just never really pulled it off in my opinion, so they added all these different angles and quirks to their show (weather girls and sh*t, some fat dude picking games like he's a guru, shopping for a ps3 with Terry and Howie)   WTF

It's all garbage. That fool with the horse face that calls games with troy aikman is supposed to be their "guy"...he's garbage and still to this day his color commentating is woodpecker sh*t. He needs to go back to baseball or golf where he belongs.

Joe Buck stinks. His dad was great but he isn't.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 04:10:02 PM »
Joe Buck stinks. His dad was great but he isn't.

Yeah that's him. Trying to be like his pops, but he's garbage. He's kills me with his "high road" football analysis style of commentary. This is football, not My little Pony.

Let's say a LB lays out a QB after he throws an interception......... He's on that "Now was that necessary!"...sh*t. "He wasn't even near the ball!".............jacka$$ brings attention to the damn shot on national tv when the sh*t is legal.....troy points it out and joe gay a$$ will go on a tyrant and say "WELL HE'S NO THREAT, WHY HIT THE QB!"

f*ck the QB, he needs to keep his head on a swivel like all the rest. He's fair game. Let the paramedics sort em out. LOL!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 04:34:24 PM »

f*ck the QB, he needs to keep his head on a swivel like all the rest. He's fair game. Let the paramedics sort em out. LOL!

Joe Buck doesn't look like he ever had a football or baseball in his hand. Fuck, back in the 70's and 80's you didn't have fags playing quarterback. Those guys like Ken Stabler, Dan Pastorini, Bradshaw, Peyton Manning's old man would get knocked out cold, the trainer would revive them with smelling salts and they would be back in on the next offensive series. Those guys were men. ;)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »
Joe Buck doesn't look like he ever had a football or baseball in his hand. f**k, back in the 70's and 80's you didn't have fags playing quarterback.

Exactly. That's why he has no damn clue about what's going on out there. LMAO @ "f**k, back in the 70's and 80's you didn't have fags playing quarterback." LMFAO  ;D ;D ;D

Those guys like Ken Stabler, Dan Pastorini, Bradshaw, Peyton Manning's old man would get knocked out cold, the trainer would revive them with smelling salts and they would be back in on the next offensive series. Those guys were men. ;)

Yep, they were hardcore. Not all that asking for a flag for getting their forearm hit after they pass the ball like these clowns we have no.

Hell Bradshaw got head slammed and paralyzed for a short stinct in one game didn't he. He shook that sh*t off and kept rolling. You can't even SACK the qb now without getting a helmet to helmet or unsportsmanlike...or you have to take 1 and 3/4 steps then somehow stop in mid f*cking air like the matrix and not him them.

..and I don't buy that, we pay these guys so much so we have to protect them sh*t. Sh*t back in the day they didn't do that sh*t with Joe Montana and Marino or Simms...if they got hurt the back up came in and by the next week they were back on the damn field. Game is getting SOFT.

Why didn't Joe get a 100 million dollar deal or Dan they played just as hard...these new guys are spoiled man and it's killing the game also. 

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 05:04:09 PM »
You know the league is getting soft when the nfl's all time leading rusher is on TV shaking his a$$ for cash. WTF!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 05:22:01 PM »
Exactly. That's why he has no damn clue about what's going on out there. LMAO @ "f**k, back in the 70's and 80's you didn't have fags playing quarterback." LMFAO  ;D ;D ;D

Yep, they were hardcore. Not all that asking for a flag for getting their forearm hit after they pass the ball like these clowns we have no.

Hell Bradshaw got head slammed and paralyzed for a short stinct in one game didn't he. He shook that sh*t off and kept rolling. You can't even SACK the qb now without getting a helmet to helmet or unsportsmanlike...or you have to take 1 and 3/4 steps then somehow stop in mid f*cking air like the matrix and not him them.

..and I don't buy that, we pay these guys so much so we have to protect them sh*t. Sh*t back in the day they didn't do that sh*t with Joe Montana and Marino or Simms...if they got hurt the back up came in and by the next week they were back on the damn field. Game is getting SOFT.

Why didn't Joe get a 100 million dollar deal or Dan they played just as hard...these new guys are spoiled man and it's killing the game also. 

People laugh at me on here because I live in the past. I am 45. Truth is I enjoyed the NBA, the NFL and MLB back in the 70's and 80's way more. I mean what rivalry in the NBA is as good as the Lakers-Celtics of the 80's, or the great powerhouse Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Redskins, 49rs teams in the 70's and 80's. Or 70's era baseball with the Oakland A's, the Big Red Machine, the great Red Sox-Yankees rivalry of the time. Yeah, I guess I do live in the past. :'(

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 05:34:10 PM »
People laugh at me on here because I live in the past. I am 45. Truth is I enjoyed the NBA, the NFL and MLB back in the 70's and 80's way more. I mean what rivalry in the NBA is as good as the Lakers-Celtics of the 80's, or the great powerhouse Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Redskins, 49rs teams in the 70's and 80's. Or 70's era baseball with the Oakland A's, the Big Red Machine, the great Red Sox-Yankees rivalry of the time. Yeah, I guess I do live in the past. :'(

It's all good. I'm 29 I caught the tail end of 80's then 90's with sports. I remember Walter Payton and Barry Sanders were my guys growing up. Wanted to play just like them.......my step father told me about gayle sayers then that same day on espn classic he was featured. I was like DAMN!!!!

Jack Tatum, Ray nitschke, Butkus, Earl Campbell...man I studied those old school guys mentality, relentless and that's how I played football. Zero tolerance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lS7YCVphA34    - vintage Tatum vs Campbell

I think the early 90's to mid was the end of the true sports era. Nowadays it's about commercials, tennis shoes, being in movies. We got guys in the nba making 50 million that can't even shoot free throws. 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 06:29:20 PM »
It's all good. I'm 29 I caught the tail end of 80's then 90's with sports. I remember Walter Payton and Barry Sanders were my guys growing up. Wanted to play just like them.......my step father told me about gayle sayers then that same day on espn classic he was featured. I was like DAMN!!!!

Jack Tatum, Ray nitschke, Butkus, Earl Campbell...man I studied those old school guys mentality, relentless and that's how I played football. Zero tolerance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lS7YCVphA34    - vintage Tatum vs Campbell

I think the early 90's to mid was the end of the true sports era. Nowadays it's about commercials, tennis shoes, being in movies. We got guys in the nba making 50 million that can't even shoot free throws. 

Walter Payton, along with Barry Sanders were the two best backs I ever saw. Gayle Sayers was maybe better than either of them for a time. The Bears teams Payton spent most of his career on were terrible. He was the whole offense. Earl Campbell was absolutely unbelievable. He used to just run over linebackers. He destroyed his body. Now he can barely walk. We all know OJ was a psychopath correct? Well I think he always was nuts but it was hidden by well by the NFL. So OJ being a nut probably should have had no fear correct? Well, OJ admitted one man intimidated and scared the crap out of him on the football field. That man was Dick Butkus. Yeah, back in the 70's players from opposing teams wouldn't talk or fraternize with each other. No huge contracts. No huge signing bonuses. No rookies making mega millions. I remember Jack Tatum crippling Daryl Stingly. Wide receivers were always wary of Jack Tatum. Great clip by the way. That Earl Campbell made it to the end zone tells you how much heart he had.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 11:37:55 PM »

Shannon Sharpe is by FAR the worst fucking commentator EVER.

Just because you played, does not mean you should just be awarded a "commentator/analyst" job.

90% of the time I can't fucking understand what he is saying.

They should dub his voice (with someone else's), and put some peanut butter in his gums so that he can look like he's the one doing the talking.

HAHA, RON.....