Author Topic: any fantasy football players ever go undefeated  (Read 685 times)

luike101

• Getbig II
any fantasy football players ever go undefeated
« on: November 12, 2006, 08:42:12 PM »
Big points from players this week.  I was curious to see if anybody has ever gone undefeated all year long.  Share your story please.Also if you have gone undefeated for year have you ever lost first game in the playoffs.  I am curently 10 and 0 and in our  league this is a first.  Share your fantasy storys.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
Re: any fantasy football players ever go undefeated
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:54:06 PM »
fantasy football is so lame!
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:26:31 PM »
fantasy football is so lame!

Have you played?  I thought the entire concept was pretty stupid, till one of my coworkers twisted my arm into trying it about 5 years ago.  I've been hooked ever since.  It really forces you to become a bigger fan of the game.  I absolutely love it. 

And no, never been undefeated.  I think my best season was 14-2.  Too much luck involved to go undefeated most of the time.  I lost a game 104-100 today, after the Bears returned a missed FG 108 yards for a TD (6 points for my opponent's D).   :'(

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »
Have you played?  I thought the entire concept was pretty stupid, till one of my coworkers twisted my arm into trying it about 5 years ago.  I've been hooked ever since.  It really forces you to become a bigger fan of the game.  I absolutely love it. 

And no, never been undefeated.  I think my best season was 14-2.  Too much luck involved to go undefeated most of the time.  I lost a game 104-100 today, after the Bears returned a missed FG 108 yards for a TD (6 points for my opponent's D).   :'(

ya i played one season. i didn't enjoy it at all. the stats are so messed up. maybe i am just used to fanstasy hockey where a point is a point is a point.
in football a guy can come in in goal line situations and rush for 30 yards, but score 3 one yard TD's and score more points than a guy who runs for 150 yards. now who really had more of an impact on the game overall?
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 03:51:59 PM »
ya i played one season. i didn't enjoy it at all. the stats are so messed up. maybe i am just used to fanstasy hockey where a point is a point is a point.
in football a guy can come in in goal line situations and rush for 30 yards, but score 3 one yard TD's and score more points than a guy who runs for 150 yards. now who really had more of an impact on the game overall?

The guy who scored 3 TDs.  Easy.  Give me 18 NFL points over 150 yards any day of the week.  A player can pick up huge chunks of yards on a handful of plays, get stuffed on the vast majority of carries, and wind up with 150 yards rushing.  Whereas the goal of every RB is to get into the end zone.  For example, yesterday, LT had 104 yards rushing, but the biggest impact on the game was his 4 TDs.     

But re FF, in NFL.com scoring, you get 1 point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 for TDs, -2 for lost fumbles.  So, the guy who rushes for 3 TDs would have 18 points, while the guy who rushes for 150 yards would have 15.  Not that big of a disparity at all. 

Try playing in one of the free public leagues that NFL.com offers.  It really is a lot of fun.   

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 04:04:30 PM »
I went 13-0, had a bye in the first round in the playoffs and lost my first playoff game. I think it was 2000? Whatever year Stephen Davis had a huge year.
E

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 09:53:35 AM »
i scored 157 points in week 10, absolute domination. 
its comin today