Author Topic: STUNTMOVIE: Arnold Stories?  (Read 3543 times)

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
STUNTMOVIE: Arnold Stories?
« on: November 13, 2006, 05:41:04 AM »
Onlyme said you have some Arnie stories. Can you share a few?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: STUNTMOVIE: Arnold Stories?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 07:02:44 PM »
Lets hear some Stunt! :)
just push some weight!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:01:18 AM »
The guy's the man! Please do share.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 08:05:21 AM »
I am all hears!! ;)
S

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »
I was walking to church one Sunday morning with Arnold and this truck pulled up along side us (I think I told this one before) and asked Arnold if we would hop in and go with him to visit his son in the hospital.

Arnold looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and we hopped in and drove off to the hospital to visit this young kid who was laid up for a few days after some operation.

Needless to say, the kid was stoked at seeing his "hero" and years later I ran into his dad again and he told me that that visit was a major reason why his son recovered shortly thereafter.

Or something like that. This was in the 70's sometime as far as I can recall.

Actually I don't enjoy talking about political figures unless I ever run into that politician who sold the military those raincoats that did a great job keeping you wet. He made millions on that deal.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:52:04 PM »
I was walking to church one Sunday morning with Arnold and this truck pulled up along side us (I think I told this one before) and asked Arnold if we would hop in and go with him to visit his son in the hospital.

Arnold looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and we hopped in and drove off to the hospital to visit this young kid who was laid up for a few days after some operation.

Needless to say, the kid was stoked at seeing his "hero" and years later I ran into his dad again and he told me that that visit was a major reason why his son recovered shortly thereafter.

Actually I don't enjoy talking about political figures unless I ever run into that politician who sold the military those raincoats that did a great job keeping you wet. He made millions on that deal.

I thought the idea of those raincoats was to keep the mositure in

;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 08:15:07 PM »
Yea, we all thought that, Knny. Anything that didn't work  properly, was claimed to be the way it was supposed to work.

I recall that my M-14 refused to fire because it got wet ... a bit of an exaggeration there, but it soon developed into a Congressional Investigation and I believe the outcome was .... That's the way it's supposed to work. Keep it dry, Jarhead!

But those were the greatest days of out lives!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 11:55:13 PM »
Stunt tell some war stories you know how I love the war stories.  You got the best.  Stunt is a true war hero guys.  I have heard that other people to.  He has some awesome stories.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 08:53:48 AM »
Yea, we all thought that, Knny. Anything that didn't work  properly, was claimed to be the way it was supposed to work.

I recall that my M-14 refused to fire because it got wet ... a bit of an exaggeration there, but it soon developed into a Congressional Investigation and I believe the outcome was .... That's the way it's supposed to work. Keep it dry, Jarhead!

But those were the greatest days of out lives!

In regards to the M-14 (applies to the M16 too).....

It's a double-edged sword in matters of cleanliness.

If they're too dirty...the carbon build-up slows down the action & add a little water....makes it a lot worse.

So....you break it down & clean it "the Marine way" (which any one that has been in the Corps knows that you'll scrub the weapon so much & so detailed, that you can remove all oils & even the bluing from the actual machine parts) which prevent rusting & allows smooth operation.  So....you clean it so much....that when it gets wet...it won't cycle because there's no oil between the metal.

I remember a funny story in bootcamp.  We sat there on our footlockers scrubbing & scrubbing "our ladies".  We must of been there for hours (so it seemed) but when we were "done" you were done.  What I mean by that is the Drill Instructors would come in kicking & screaming that you were "done" & you had 3 seconds of 10 seconds left to put your weapon together.  Well....that usually means you don't have enough time to even properly lubricate the weapon upon assembly.  Anyways....we immediately proceeded to take an afternoon stroll in the rain...(Drill).  When we got back inside the squad bay, we immediately practiced drill & counts inside because we also have to know what's expected of final drill if we have to do it indoors because it's different than performing it on the grinder.  Anyways...the DI had us perfrom "Inspection Arms" & none of us could get our bolts back because they had seized shut because of lack of oil.  Those who could get the bolt back, the bolt wouldn't return in the forward position.

Even in bootcamp....it made the DI's laugh.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 04:23:17 AM »

awesome story. so many conflicting stories of this man being an arsehole in one instance/ a loyal and generous friend in the other, but this one is great.

ok, back to the warries.