Author Topic: Air guitar shirts  (Read 570 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Air guitar shirts
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:58:18 AM »
Jeff Miller will appreciate this one...

Air guitar T-shirt rocks for real

Australian scientists have created a T-shirt that allows air guitarists to play real music - without resorting to a real guitar.

The T-shirt has motion sensors built into its elbows that pick up movements and relay them wirelessly to a computer which interprets them as guitar riffs.

One arm is interpreted as picking chords while the other strums.

The "wearable instrument shirt" is adaptable to both right and left-handed would-be rock stars.

"It's an easy-to-use, virtual instrument that allows real-time music-making - even by players without significant musical or computing skills," said the research team leader, Richard Helmer.

"It allows you to jump around and the sound generated is just like an original mp3."

Dr Helmer, an engineer from the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (Csiro) in Belmont, Australia, added that there was a serious side to the "wearable instrument shirt".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6143118.stm

Tax payer dollers....making a difference!

Diesel1

• Getbig V
Re: Air guitar shirts
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 06:05:07 AM »
I like to imagine mad scientists getting stoned and playing air guitar in their lab. That or creating monsters from various body parts

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:13:50 AM »
I like where your heads at!

Id like to put that shirt on a domestic animal versus a wild one and watch the mayhem unfold!!!!1

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:42:02 AM »
Being a real guitarist, nothing annoys me more when some idiot at a club walks up to me and says "Play me 'Stairway To Heaven'  dude!!!" all while using the air guitar to play the song himself.