Author Topic: Jay Cutler on New MD Cover  (Read 5022 times)

Steve Blechman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Jay Cutler on New MD Cover
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:11:41 AM »
Wow!  If there were an award for "Most Persevering Bodybuilder," I'd give it to Jay Cutler.  Jay is a fighter.  He has been determined to be Mr. Olympia since the first day he stepped onstage.  And just like the bear that climbed the mountain to see what he could see, Jay fought his way to the top, only to see another mountain.  His battle had just begun.  Not only did Jay have to knock out the reigning champ, but that champ was Ronnie Coleman - the Big Nasty - perhaps the greatest Mr. Olympia of all time.  Undaunted, Jay went on the attack and came so close at least once to a victory.  But he was repeatedly denied.  The last four years he came back again and again, only to be turned away.  Not anymore - four and no more!  Jay was all done with second place.

First thing Monday morning after the '05 Olympia, Jay went back to work.  If he lost five in a row he was going to shave his head onstage.  The yearlong workday paid off and Jay kept his trademark locks (I don't know what made me happier, Jay winning or not having to see him bald!).  This year, Jay came in bigger and more shredded than ever before, and Ronnie wasn't at his best.  Jay realized the planets were all lined up and he seized the moment.  He wanted to be at his best and beat the greatest - Ronnie Coleman.  And finally, he had his chance and he did it - he beat the greatest!  I have great admiration for Jay.  People said for years that as long as Ronnie was around Jay would always be second.  It must feel good to prove them wrong.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Jay Cutler on New MD Cover
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »

Steve when are you going to give good ol 'SpecialEd' a crack at penning something for your magazine?

You should also take a look at new Getbig talent and accompolished caricature artist 'SexualMustard'.
?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »
agree on the sexual mustard part.  He should have a caricature page....
Y

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 11:08:24 AM »
Wow!  If there were an award for "Most Persevering Bodybuilder," I'd give it to Jay Cutler.  Jay is a fighter.  He has been determined to be Mr. Olympia since the first day he stepped onstage.  And just like the bear that climbed the mountain to see what he could see, Jay fought his way to the top, only to see another mountain.  His battle had just begun.  Not only did Jay have to knock out the reigning champ, but that champ was Ronnie Coleman - the Big Nasty - perhaps the greatest Mr. Olympia of all time.  Undaunted, Jay went on the attack and came so close at least once to a victory.  But he was repeatedly denied.  The last four years he came back again and again, only to be turned away.  Not anymore - four and no more!  Jay was all done with second place.

First thing Monday morning after the '05 Olympia, Jay went back to work.  If he lost five in a row he was going to shave his head onstage.  The yearlong workday paid off and Jay kept his trademark locks (I don't know what made me happier, Jay winning or not having to see him bald!).  This year, Jay came in bigger and more shredded than ever before, and Ronnie wasn't at his best.  Jay realized the planets were all lined up and he seized the moment.  He wanted to be at his best and beat the greatest - Ronnie Coleman.  And finally, he had his chance and he did it - he beat the greatest!  I have great admiration for Jay.  People said for years that as long as Ronnie was around Jay would always be second.  It must feel good to prove them wrong.

yes indeed, and I hope Jay repeats that again
Get Big, or Die Trying

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »
Not too impressed with the cover Steve, This is the first new Mr. Olympia in 8 years. I would expect something more groundbreaking in graphics. Something that captures the reigning in of a new era in bodybuilding. Are the industry folk not too excited about having a new MR. O?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »

OH HI STEVE NICE TO WRITE ME OR CALL....I NEED JUST A YES OR NO....SHOULDN'T TAKE AS LONG AS IT DID TO POST THIS.
THANK
LEE :)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »
Not too impressed with the cover Steve, This is the first new Mr. Olympia in 8 years. I would expect something more groundbreaking in graphics. Something that captures the reigning in of a new era in bodybuilding. Are the industry folk not too excited about having a new MR. O?

I actually like the black, red and silver. Not a bad looking cover at all imo.
E

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 11:37:56 AM »
damn i havent bought an MD in many months but bought the one with branch on it cuz the contents said Mr O report, and i wanted to see what all these guys were saying about Jays historic win.  So that was just a small little teaser apparently.  What a crock of sh*t. 

Valhalla awaits.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 11:44:15 AM »
..pretty boring cover, actually.  I agree with those who think a first time Mr O in eight years (especially one who used to contribute to the magazine) would get a bit more flash...shit, last month's cover with Ronnie was more impressive.

Back to the drawing board.  Just wait for FLEX's to come out, I'm sure he'll get his due.

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »
Steve, WTF...that photo is from last year - why not a photo from this year?

mason

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:40:50 PM »
When will this hit the news stand?  I just got the issue with Branch on the cover 2 weeks ago. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 01:58:09 PM »
When will this hit the news stand?  I just got the issue with Branch on the cover 2 weeks ago. 
I bought it to read Lee's Columb and it was just a Q and A.  :(
bodybuildersreality.com

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 02:12:05 PM »
Damn, second MD cover in a row where I race to MuscleMemory to see if it was already used as a cover. It sure looks like it was.
T

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 02:13:50 PM »
OH HI STEVE NICE TO WRITE ME OR CALL....I NEED JUST A YES OR NO....SHOULDN'T TAKE AS LONG AS IT DID TO POST THIS.
THANK
This could be the beginniing of an interesting post...

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 02:54:24 PM »
This could be the beginniing of an interesting post...

Could have been, but Steve lost his balls.

Alex23

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 03:22:24 PM »
Steve allways kinda wondered since MD changed few years back... is all black background printing more expensive than regular white?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 03:35:12 PM »
THANK

You sound like the dumped boyfriend who cant take a hint...............it's over Lee, move on you are embarrasing yourself.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 03:38:47 PM »
It would be nice if Steve just gave him an answer.

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »
You sound like the dumped boyfriend who cant take a hint...............it's over Lee, move on you are embarrasing yourself.

Doh!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
I just skim through it while at the grocery to check out Future pharmacy, and Lee's column, and I like looking at the pictures.

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 07:33:27 AM »
you and me - Thanks for the props!

Doug Kalman

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 12:46:50 PM »

NO I NEED AN ANSWER SO CONTRACTUALLY I CAN MOVE ON.....THATS ALL A YES OR NO....PRETTY SIMPLE....DAVE HENRY IS GONE...CHRIS IS GONE...SO AM I NEXT...YES OR NO?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 12:53:06 PM »
NO I NEED AN ANSWER SO CONTRACTUALLY I CAN MOVE ON.....THATS ALL A YES OR NO....PRETTY SIMPLE....DAVE HENRY IS GONE...CHRIS IS GONE...SO AM I NEXT...YES OR NO?
Silence is probably your answer dude...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 01:00:36 PM »
Silence is probably your answer dude...

Agreed, looks like things are changing at MD

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 01:06:28 PM »
You better not be or i will cancel my subscription. I am sure many others will follow.     Hey Lee have a safe trip to Australia and make sure you video tape for the reality series ;)   Lets see some serious off season eating and heavy lifting.  Take Care Lee Have Fun