Author Topic: PLANET FITNESS GYM MANAGER SPEAKS OUT AGAINST MUSCLEHEADS  (Read 6565 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: PLANET FITNESS GYM MANAGER SPEAKS OUT AGAINST MUSCLEHEADS
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 03:36:29 PM »
This is GOOD for Planet Fitness.

The guy has NO case - I'm sure he signed a membership agreement that says "No Grunting Allowed" in Section 5.2, Line 24, Paragraph 6, etc.

Dude shouldnt have joined a gym like this in the first place. What the hell was he thinking?

Nothing wrong w a wussy gym like PF - a lot of people ARE intimidated by big guys lifting heavy weights.

Ask your girlfriends/wives about this - really.

i think that any "musclehead" who goes to a gym like this is insecure and looking for a place to show off where anything over a 185lbs. on the bench bar or 225 on the squat bar is considered impressive, these clowns should go to a real gym where there are plenty of huge guys walking around and then drop your weights and grunt and see how they treat you there.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 03:36:59 PM »
This is GOOD for Planet Fitness.

The guy has NO case - I'm sure he signed a membership agreement that says "No Grunting Allowed" in Section 5.2, Line 24, Paragraph 6, etc.

Dude shouldnt have joined a gym like this in the first place. What the hell was he thinking?

Nothing wrong w a wussy gym like PF - a lot of people ARE intimidated by big guys lifting heavy weights.

Ask your girlfriends/wives about this - really.

of course it is good for them... why are any muscleheads joining these places in the first place? Probably so they can be top dog unlike at a real gym where they are a nobody...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 03:38:06 PM »
I think me and squadfather are on the same page...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 03:40:11 PM »
I think me and squadfather are on the same page...
exactly, these types of clowns go to these types of places because they can feel big and huge because no one else is lifting anything, if they went to a real powerlifting gym and tried screaming with their 225lb. benches for 6 reps and 275lb. squats they'd be humiliated, i mean did you see the guy that got thrown out? he was a typical 5'5" 185lb. receding hairline Italian guido gold chain wearing meathead who couldn't lift his way out of a paper sack that's why he was lifting on a Smith machine, what a joke.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »
they interviewed the guy and he looked pretty damn big.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 03:43:44 PM »
they interviewed the guy and he looked pretty damn big.
hahahaha, no he wasn't he was 5'6" 185lbs. and balding, he was as intimidating as a girl scout.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 03:50:23 PM »
seriously they should fire her

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 03:52:14 PM »
seriously they should fire her
she's just doing her job moron.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 03:57:05 PM »
if you have to scream, grunt and yell and drop weights you're too weak to be using the weight you're using

times like these you make it painfully obvious you've never even looked at a barbell with more than two 45s on it let alone lifted one.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 03:59:20 PM »
times like these you make it painfully obvious you've never even looked at a barbell with more than two 45s on it let alone lifted one.
hahahaha, ok "mister magoo", i'll bet you're the type of guy who has to smack himself in the face while listening to Slayer on headphones to do your massive 185lb. deadlifts.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »
hahahaha, ok "mister magoo", i'll bet you're the type of guy who has to smack himself in the face while listening to Slayer on headphones to do your massive 185lb. deadlifts.

boy you sure got me pegged. don't forget my chalk inside of my gloves before i put on my lifting straps, after all, i watched the unbelievable to get myself pumped up for my brutal back workout. ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 04:04:49 PM »
boy you sure got me pegged.  ::)
i sure do, why else would you get so defensive about me criticizing that behavior if you weren't guilty of it yourself, hahahaha, you've been owned once again by the great Sarcasm, here's some info for you "big guy" the strongest guys in any gym only make one sound while they lift and that's a hiss like a tire going flat but you have to have more than 135 on the bar to exert that type of effort so you wouldn't know.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »
i sure do, why else would you get so defensive about me criticizing that behavior if you weren't guilty of it yourself, hahahaha, you've been owned once again by the great Sarcasm, here's some info for you "big guy" the strongest guys in any gym only make one sound while they lift and that's a hiss like a tire going flat but you have to have more than 135 on the bar to exert that type of effort so you wouldn't know.

kid, whatever sound you make curling with your little sand-filled plastic weights in your mom's attic doesn't qualify as evidence for what "the strongest guys in any gym" do. quit screwing around on the computer and finish up your homework.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »
kid, whatever sound you make curling with your little sand-filled plastic weights in your mom's attic doesn't qualify as evidence for what "the strongest guys in any gym" do. quit screwing around on the computer and finish up your homework.
translation= your feelings have been so hurt because i called you on your gym grunting that you have no other comebacks.

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »
i dont know why but listening to that bugs me BAD

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »
Who cars about Planet Fitness. They will be out of business within 5 years filing for bankruptcy.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2006, 04:25:39 PM »
The most annoying thing about that interview is how the guy laughs!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »
Who cars about Planet Fitness. They will be out of business within 5 years filing for bankruptcy.

that's probably why they adopted the policy. you go around and it seems like the bally's "anti-musclehead" type of gym is taking over. not a lot of temples and metroflexes left.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2006, 04:40:27 PM »
fuck planetfitness..she is a stupid bitch

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »
These dudes won't go broke because they don't own the gyms they only sell the name and business plan to people who want to open or already own a gym.

People pay $25,000 upfront to become a planet fitness and a cut each month of their revenues. Obviously any individual planet fitness can/will go broke the same as many golds/world have gone bust over the years.

The 3 guys that own the planet fitness name also own 6 of the gyms themselves in NH that do very well I heard (NH is prime fatty country lets face it...).

The same with yates and his temple gyms. he only owns the orginal temple gym not any of the ones that will be opening up. what he sells them is the brand "temple gym" which he made famous and some marketing programs etc which are nothing special.

Ballys will probably go broke soon though because the company owns all the gyms themselves and they have been losing money for ages...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2006, 05:08:30 PM »
Its lame because when you are there, are you always walking around on pins and needles afraid that the Nazi Gestapo is going to turn you in? Make an enemy at the gym and they'll be hitting the buzzer every time you laugh loud or sneeze.

This is why overzealous systems never work. They will rot from the inside out.
it is simply a reflection on the fragmentation of society really.

muscleheads had it great for so long because they were the core business so gym owners HAD to put up with their antics.

now they are a minority of gym goers so they are getting squeezed out.

the gyms won't chnage but the muscleheads will since there will be no other cheap options to train at before too long except gyms like these ones...

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »
if you have to scream, grunt and yell and drop weights you're too weak to be using the weight you're using, all she's saying that is you have to follow the rules just like anywhere else in society, if you don't like it go somewhere else, i would never belong to a place like that.
Does your vagina hurt when you cry?

SE
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »
What is the rule about breaking wind/farting?

I got a feeling the Planet Shitlist Movement could be sensational.

I mean, are they gonna throw out every person who breaks wind? 

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »
What is the rule about breaking wind/farting?

I got a feeling the Planet Shitlist Movement could be sensational.

I mean, are they gonna throw out every person who breaks wind? 

Nothing funnier than busting a heinous SBD (Silent But Deadly), walking about 50 feet away, and watching as the people in the area suddenly detecting the fumes.  The best!
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 06:14:27 PM »
These gyms are killing it right now because of the way they are setup.

They only take on people who have some serious capital in the bank. It costs between $500,000 and $1 mil to set one up and planet fitness doesn't take on people who have to borrow the whole amount they take on established business owners with $$$.

They use typically large retail space in malls like old furniture shops... The rent of these places isn't the top rate.

The fitout is simple and not expensive. No saunas/spa just basic showers and toilets. Basic rooms for the sunbeds, paint the roofs black instead of false ceilings etc.

They get great deals from Startrac and bodymasters on equipment.

Once open they are run by skeleton staff levels and with no classes their ongoing wage levels are very low (aerobics programmes are what kills most gym owners from a cost standpoint).

Becasue they are so cheap most people who join never cancel their memberships even if they rarely go. If you only go once every few weeks big deal if it costs you $12-15 per month.

I hear you on this one.  In the Milwaukee and Chicago area they have "Cardinal Fitness".  It's 20 dollars a month, nothing fancy.  I think they have a deal through Hammer Strength and Life Fitness.  Not too many on staff, but you get a lot of people quitting gyms, athletic clubs etc, and joining places like this.  If they don't go for a month or two, so what, for them it's only 20 bucks. 

Hey Blockhead, you ever hear of that chain down in Chi-town?