Author Topic: Anyone hear of Chuck Liddels new Present from no other than...  (Read 4326 times)

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
Anyone hear of Chuck Liddels new Present from no other than...
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:14:39 PM »
Dana White & the UFC!  Can you san $350,000.00+?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone hear of Chuck Liddels new Present from no other than...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:58:57 PM »
Is that whats it's gonna take to get him in the ring or cage with Wandy?
Predictions
 40/61

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:32:54 PM »
Probably feel guilty about how much overhead they get vs how low they pay their fighters! Dude should be able to get his own for how he lays it on the line for them.   

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:39:08 AM »
Dana White & the UFC!  Can you san $350,000.00+?

$350,000 for a F430 Spider? I don't think so unless Dana is the biggest sucker on planet earth.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 10:38:30 AM »
$350,000 for a F430 Spider? I don't think so unless Dana is the biggest sucker on planet earth.

You might wanna check the market...First try finding one and then try finding one the exact color someone wants and have a deadline!  You will have to pay for that one especially when the one he got was one of a handfull new available at the time in the country!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=&search_type=both&distance=25&address=89146&style_flag=1&make=FER&model=F430&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2007&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywordsfyc=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&keywordsrep=

That one is used! 

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »
Is that whats it's gonna take to get him in the ring or cage with Wandy?

I find this the most annoying statement anytime somene says that Chuck is afraid to get in with Wandy or when soemone says Chuck would kill Wandy. Truth be told who ever thinks it would be a cake walk for either fighter is a complete moron and a nutrider. Both are great fighters and I think both would love the opportunity to fight each other.   

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 11:56:56 AM »
I find this the most annoying statement anytime somene says that Chuck is afraid to get in with Wandy or when soemone says Chuck would kill Wandy. Truth be told who ever thinks it would be a cake walk for either fighter is a complete moron and a nutrider. Both are great fighters and I think both would love the opportunity to fight each other.   

I agree.  It is not the fighters who are holding this back.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 01:13:02 PM »

Yeah Chuck is a great fighter in the octagon.... the best in his weight obviously, and a guy like Chuck doesnt want to fight cans. He wants a real fight not someone he walks thru like babafool..... CMON if it was chucks choice im sure he wouldve already have got it on...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 02:54:36 PM »

When Chuck is afraid he resorts to his poking people in the eyes.
Predictions
 40/61

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 03:39:41 PM »

That is the only thing that people say about chuck for christ sakes people its a fight if you can get away with it you will do it... bottom line.... If anyone else could get away with it they would. Shit chuck is a great fighter i question his punches and shit but he wins so you cant question that. i believe Chuck throws some of the worst punches due to form but they land and there heavy. so what more can i say he looks like hes still the champ..

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 08:04:46 PM »
That is the only thing that people say about chuck for christ sakes people its a fight if you can get away with it you will do it... bottom line.... If anyone else could get away with it they would. Shit chuck is a great fighter i question his punches and shit but he wins so you cant question that. i believe Chuck throws some of the worst punches due to form but they land and there heavy. so what more can i say he looks like hes still the champ..

Tiger White, Randy 2X, Tito.  Hardly a coincidence.  BTW, I trained at Master Toddy's and JSect from Mon-Thursday.  Just got back today, and am off to BJJ class. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 08:09:18 PM »
Tiger White, Randy 2X, Tito.  Hardly a coincidence.  
Don't forget Jeremy Horn.
Predictions
 40/61

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 08:45:27 PM »
You might wanna check the market...First try finding one and then try finding one the exact color someone wants and have a deadline!  You will have to pay for that one especially when the one he got was one of a handfull new available at the time in the country!

That one is used! 

First of all you don't just walk into a Ferrari store and drive out with an F430 Spider, presumably Dana has some contacts in the exotic car market. If he doesn't than he's not a very big player in Vegas. Those contacts would have found him what he was looking for and if the price was $350,000+ then he got his ass handed to him.  One ad. in the Autotrader doesn't really give a true representation of the market. F430's are in high demand and the Spider's even more so but $350,000+ is too much to pay.

Hell, for a little more than $275,000 he could have bought a Lamborghini Gallardo Spider and shipped it down to Heffner's Performance in Florida and have him work his magic. Then Chuck would have been driving around in a sick Gallardo Spider that would lay waste to nearly everything else on the road.

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/lamborghinigallardo.htm

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 09:06:28 PM »
Dana probably got it as a lease for Chuck to use...If not then Chuck would have to pony up somewhere around 60grand just on the taxes for it...Let alone what it would cost to insure...

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 09:30:57 PM »

thats never been provin,
grundle has no sack,

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 03:53:44 AM »
There's no way that White didn't get a deal on that; I'll bet Chuck would've rather had the cash ;D

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 04:48:52 AM »

Great I see it we have a Wandy nutrider. Oh well I guess there is no way we are going to have an intelligent conversation about this so "Giddy up". Don't get me wrong it irritates me just as much when people say Chuck could take Mirko but I guess everyone has there favorite fighters.

I think they are both great fighters but I am not so delusional to think that either is unbeatable or the only way Chuck wins is by eye poke. I guess everyone has thier opinion and is entitled to it. Mine is until they meet in the ring, cage or where ever it will always be open for debate who would beat who. Actually come to think of it if they did fight there would still be people saying "Wandy/Chuck had and off night" of "If it was in the cage(UFC)/ring(Pride) Chuck/Wandy would have taken it but they fought in an enviornment the other was not use to".
Oh well the debate continues.
Lets discuss something we all can agree on like how badly Tim Silva needs to get his a$$ kicked so I don't have to see him wear that damn belt everywhere he goes. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 06:39:01 AM »
I agree logan i want tim the duesche back silvia to get his belt snatched from his ass. I just dont know if the mighty mouse muscle man can do it. Everything about Tim is questionable to me, his stand up, his ground game. Him as a champion is questionable. But i dont know if that roided out tatted midget can do it. Tim catches that man with one of his god awful ugly kicks its over. I pray that tim gets slammed to the ground and has his face beat in till hes bloody and comatosed. We shall see, i just want to see the GSP Hughes fight. It will be good to see how serious hughes takes GSP and other way around. I still take Matt "The FarmBoy" Hughes.... By submission in the 2nd round right at the start.

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 08:53:41 AM »
Hey SinCity yea I am not sure if Monsoon will be able to do it I guess it will depend if he can take a shot as he is trying to take it to the ground. I have never been much of a fan of Tim it would be great to see Fedor or Mirko come to UFC and spank him. We all know Tim would never go to them. Doubt it will happen though.
As far GSP vs Hughes I think it is going to be good match. Hughes may be too strong for him on the ground but hey until Penn gased/injured (whatever anyone wants to think happened) Penn was handing Hughes his ass (IMO). So we will see either way I think it will be a very entertaining fight to watch.     

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 09:28:49 AM »
Hey SinCity yea I am not sure if Monsoon will be able to do it I guess it will depend if he can take a shot as he is trying to take it to the ground. I have never been much of a fan of Tim it would be great to see Fedor or Mirko come to UFC and spank him. We all know Tim would never go to them. Doubt it will happen though.
As far GSP vs Hughes I think it is going to be good match. Hughes may be too strong for him on the ground but hey until Penn gased/injured (whatever anyone wants to think happened) Penn was handing Hughes his ass (IMO). So we will see either way I think it will be a very entertaining fight to watch.     

BJ was killing Matt and if he didn't get hurt would have killed him at the end of round 2.  And he destroyed GSP.  And politics played in that fight.  BJ will kill Matt or GSP in the first round of their next fight.  I can almost guarantee that. 

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 09:38:30 AM »
First of all you don't just walk into a Ferrari store and drive out with an F430 Spider, presumably Dana has some contacts in the exotic car market. If he doesn't than he's not a very big player in Vegas. Those contacts would have found him what he was looking for and if the price was $350,000+ then he got his ass handed to him.  One ad. in the Autotrader doesn't really give a true representation of the market. F430's are in high demand and the Spider's even more so but $350,000+ is too much to pay.

Hell, for a little more than $275,000 he could have bought a Lamborghini Gallardo Spider and shipped it down to Heffner's Performance in Florida and have him work his magic. Then Chuck would have been driving around in a sick Gallardo Spider that would lay waste to nearly everything else on the road.

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/lamborghinigallardo.htm

I'm sorry if you don't understand the high end exotic market with supply and demand.  The Gallardo (a turd) is nothing more than an exotic Audi now, just look at the interior or better yet go drive one and you'll see the difference.  Beyond that, Heffner is a huge crook and anyone that knows his reputation will attest to that!  If you knew how many people had lawsuits against him you wouldn't have made that referrence but it's all good.  Dana does have contacts in the exotic market but it doesn't matter who you are or who you know when it comes to stuff like that!  Do you think the Fertittas got a deal on their Buggati Veron?  Nope!  1.8 million!  Incase you haven't been on the high end scene, it works like this...if someone else is willing to pay $350,000 for it than you have to pay $350,000 for it, plain and simple, doesn't matter who you are.  Not trying to piss you off but that's the way it works bro.  When you got it like that it doesn't matter, plus it WAS a purchase and it's a huge right off for the UFC. ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 11:14:29 AM »
are they bribing him with cars so he wont fight elsewhere
Z

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »
I'm sorry if you don't understand the high end exotic market with supply and demand.  The Gallardo (a turd) is nothing more than an exotic Audi now, just look at the interior or better yet go drive one and you'll see the difference.  Beyond that, Heffner is a huge crook and anyone that knows his reputation will attest to that!  If you knew how many people had lawsuits against him you wouldn't have made that referrence but it's all good.  Dana does have contacts in the exotic market but it doesn't matter who you are or who you know when it comes to stuff like that!  Do you think the Fertittas got a deal on their Buggati Veron?  Nope!  1.8 million!  Incase you haven't been on the high end scene, it works like this...if someone else is willing to pay $350,000 for it than you have to pay $350,000 for it, plain and simple, doesn't matter who you are.  Not trying to piss you off but that's the way it works bro.  When you got it like that it doesn't matter, plus it WAS a purchase and it's a huge right off for the UFC. ;)

Hey genius, you're thinking of Hennessey not Heffner. LOL

Hennessey Performance  is the aftermarket performance shop with all the former clients suing him, not Heffner Performance. LOL
I've actually talked with the guy whose Gallardo Heffner used for his test mule. While every aftermarket tuner has unhappy clients he's not inundated with lawsuits, HENNESSEY is.

I love it when people try and act like they're know it alls and they screw up in the process.  ::)

And just for your future knowledge, a lot of wealthy people that aren't familiar with the exotic market will use a personal broker to find what they're looking for and negotiate the best deal. That's what I was referring to when I mentioned Dana knowing someone.

I have driven a Gallardo, have you? If you think it's a turd then your daily driver must be an Enzo. I haven't driven a 430 but I have driven a 360 and the Gallardo was better, much better. As for the price he paid for the Spider, the facts stand, if he paid $350,000+ then he paid too much. I know you're trying to look cool but those are the facts. The Veryon isn't analogous, Bugatti lost money on each and everyone of them. It was merely a design exercise and the prices weren't going any lower, comparing it to an F430 has no point.

Oh, and here's another fact. A Heffner Twin Turbo Gallardo is a beast. There are maybe 5 non-modified cars in the world that can beat it.

Calling the Lamborghini an Audi shows your ignorance. Did you know Ferrari is owned by Fiat? Did you know that over the years Ferrari has used Fiat parts in their cars? Are you going to call a Ferrari a Fiat? Did you know Maserati uses many Ferrari parts, including engines? Sharing of engineering and certain platform parts is common practice in the high end market. It means nothing. Aston, Bentley, Lamborghini, Ferrari and Porsche all do it.

And write off or not, if he paid what you said he paid then he spent too much.

Below is a link to a thread on the best Ferrari board on the web. It's easily the most highly respected. The thread deals with prices of F430 Spiders. You'll notice one with an asking price of $360,000 but all the actual sales went for between $280,000 - 320,000. The thread is from October.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125919

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 04:00:57 PM »
^^^^
LOL!!!  You got me on the Heffner/Hennessy deal, I always get them confused so I'll stand up like a man and take the donkey kick to the nuts.... ;D

I see what you are saying about the market value on the cars but you still don't realize that Dana wanted a car with a few days deadline with limited dealers so his contact obviously no matter how good or bad was limited in what he could do based off of what dealers would allow him to do.  Does he need a new contact to negotiate better? Probably.

I have driven many Gallardos and sold many as well, none with forced induction.  My opinion of the car is obviously different than yours and many Lambo owners will tell you that the difference between a Lambo owner and a Ferrari owner is that Lambo owners have money and Ferrari owners think they have money and we could argue till the carpral tunel kicks in on what's better.  I could care less between the two as I am a Porsche TT guy myself (PES Tuning 600kit) and you can trash me on that all day too but it is what it is.

Also, Dana bought Chuck a brand new one, not used...

So you're right ::) they go for $280k-320k...($289,000 with 6k miles) :o

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=&search_type=both&distance=0&address=89146&style_flag=1&make=FER&model=F430&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2007&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywordsfyc=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&keywordsrep=

None on eBay have a buy it now. 

In the end, I agree he paid too much but when you got it like that it obviously doesn't matter which is the direction I wanted this to go but before you can say it, I fugged it up a little! ;) Peace... ;D

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »
Great I see it we have a Wandy nutrider. Oh well I guess there is no way we are going to have an intelligent conversation about this so "Giddy up". Don't get me wrong it irritates me just as much when people say Chuck could take Mirko but I guess everyone has there favorite fighters.

I think they are both great fighters but I am not so delusional to think that either is unbeatable or the only way Chuck wins is by eye poke. I guess everyone has thier opinion and is entitled to it. Mine is until they meet in the ring, cage or where ever it will always be open for debate who would beat who. Actually come to think of it if they did fight there would still be people saying "Wandy/Chuck had and off night" of "If it was in the cage(UFC)/ring(Pride) Chuck/Wandy would have taken it but they fought in an enviornment the other was not use to".
Oh well the debate continues.
Lets discuss something we all can agree on like how badly Tim Silva needs to get his a$$ kicked so I don't have to see him wear that damn belt everywhere he goes. 

I'm not so much a Wandy guy as I am a hater of Chuck Liddell.  I'm not making excuses for any of Wandy's losses, I'm just sick of Chuck Liddell and I will root for anybody who fights him.  BTW, who's Tim Silva?  I'ts hard to have an intelligent conversation about fighters when you can't even spell their name correctly. 
Predictions
 40/61