Author Topic: Question for the females...  (Read 18820 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Question for the females...
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2006, 08:56:27 PM »
Calling him insecure and inconsistent was rather vicious of me, mom ;D
It wasn't very nice of you either.  ::)

PB

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2006, 08:57:33 PM »
I dunno, PB.  I just turned 34.  I'm getting up there in years!    ;D
Jodi

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2006, 09:00:52 PM »
Yeah...I know that.  But I'm happy being who I am; I've gained a lot of confidence and acceptance of myself over this past year.  Besides, I've never done things the easy way.  Look at what show I chose to do this year to make my bodybuilding debut on the national stage...the hardest Nationals that has ever been for the women.  I like a challenge; I like when things are difficult.  Otherwise, I'm bored and I don't have respect for my achievement.

And in understanding what I need from a guy, I'm able to weed out the ones who can't provide those qualities...or simply understand that they are only for the short term and be okay with that.

One day, the stars will align and I'll find the right balance.  I just hope I'm not in a retirement home by that point and drooling all over myself...lol!

As I said, Jodi, I do like you and I respect your volition.....

I am just more of a realist and I think it will be hard to find that savage intellectual you are seeking.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2006, 09:01:34 PM »
I dunno, PB.  I just turned 34.  I'm getting up there in years!    ;D
I'm two years behind you, Jodi and no you're not up there in years. Worry about that when you're 40  :-*

PB

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2006, 09:19:05 PM »
Hard, but not impossible, Division.  I'll just keep telling myself that.   ;)

PB, as long as I don't look my age, I'm cool with the numbers.  I'm still able to get away with people thinking I'm in my early to mid twenties unless they learn of my career background or really understand what it takes to build a muscular physique.   :)
Jodi

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2006, 09:27:34 PM »
Hard, but not impossible, Division.  I'll just keep telling myself that.   ;)

PB, as long as I don't look my age, I'm cool with the numbers.  I'm still able to get away with people thinking I'm in my early to mid twenties unless they learn of my career background or really understand what it takes to build a muscular physique.   :)
Ya...not alot of people can appreciate a good physique nor do they seem to understand what it takes to build one. Maybe there is someone for you right under your nose and you just don't know it. Your gym. Someone there may appreciate your look and know what it takes to diet, train hard and often and compete. I saw your pics in another thread on this board. You look great, don't settle for anything less:)

PB

PB

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2006, 03:17:45 AM »
Lets remember the difference between a personal opinion and a personal attack folks. A lot of good points were made but in reality none of us know anything about eachother. Just trying to keep the peace  ;)

PB
I know, I thought this board was supposed to be different.
:D Weee

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2006, 05:01:39 AM »
It is. I just felt a little reminder was needed before the differences of opinion got a little outta hand. things started getting a little hot and heavy last night.

PB

sandycoosworth

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2006, 05:04:32 AM »
I was rather surprised to be called a transgender, a kook (by Jaguar Enterprises of all people), and Jimmy (who told me on Myspace I should be flattered about it lol), there is nothing wrong with civil disagreement :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2006, 07:14:05 AM »

I did as well, Laura.

A respite from the drama of the other sections...

DIV

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2006, 07:17:07 AM »
I am sure the mods will take care of it.  ;)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2006, 07:17:41 AM »
Hopefully, also a respite from men holding forth about themselves...  :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2006, 07:19:22 AM »
Hopefully, also a respite from men holding forth about themselves...  :)

......meaning?

DIV

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2006, 07:24:33 AM »
......meaning?

DIV

Nothing really.  There are some guys who come here and engage in back and forth convo with the women, and then there are those who seem to have a need for an audience and extra attention.  Take a look through the threads sometime... you'll see what I mean.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:18 AM »
then there are those who seem to have a need for an audience and extra attention. 

This is a silly thing to write as the premise of a message board is to have an audience view your contributions ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2006, 08:24:54 AM »
Sandy, did you have another screen name prior to this one?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2006, 09:26:29 AM »
This is a silly thing to write as the premise of a message board is to have an audience view your contributions ;)

No, I don't think I'm being silly.  You're right that the idea of a message board is to have a public forum of opinion, and all the women here post thoughtfully and intelligently. So do most of the men,  ;)  however, there are some who come to the women's board just to talk endlessly about themselves. (I did say I didn't think it was a big deal).

sandycoosworth

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2006, 12:04:50 PM »
and all the women here post thoughtfully and intelligently.

I guess that depends on how liberal your definition of "thoughtfully and intelligently" is. To be sure this board is more civil than others, but there are just as many unintelligent women as men saying things, which is the way it should be as everyone has the right to an opinion.

Speaking of opinions, whoever deleted the first version of my reply should respect mine and grow up :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2006, 12:12:45 PM »
I guess that depends on how liberal your definition of "thoughtfully and intelligently" is. To be sure this board is more civil than others, but there are just as many unintelligent women as men saying things, which is the way it should be as everyone has the right to an opinion.

Speaking of opinions, whoever deleted the first version of my reply should respect mine and grow up :)

Check your PMs
R

sandycoosworth

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2006, 12:29:09 PM »
Im struggling to pinpoint where this alleged attack transpired, please clarify:

Was it referring to the statement Deedee made as "silly" ?

Or referring to the statements DIVISION made as insecure, inconsistent, and condescending ?

Something I'm missing ?

Moderator privileges are not a toy Stella, if either of those constitutes an attack in your eyes I put forward you are not mature enough to handle the position and it is I who should be contacting Ron about you. At the same time please explain why the posts calling me a transgender and a kook were not deleted and those members "warned"...

:)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2006, 12:57:23 PM »

Or referring to the statements DIVISION made as insecure, inconsistent, and condescending ?

Something I'm missing ?

Moderator privileges are not a toy Stella, if either of those constitutes an attack in your eyes I put forward you are not mature enough to handle the position and it is I who should be contacting Ron about you. At the same time please explain why the posts calling me a transgender and a kook were not deleted and those members "warned"...

Now don't go all Jag on us. "Moderator privileges are not a toy" ;D

. . . and as one of most deleted members of this board, I would like to note that I fully approve of Stella's methods.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2006, 01:03:29 PM »

Something I'm missing ?

Just as an FYI Sandy,  Here is the explaination and Rule set forth by the Moderators AND ron:

Open Talk for Girl Discussion
Postive place where you can speak on anything you want, questions, discussion for the girls of Getbig. Any negative attacks will not be allowed.
Moderators: Dina, Ron, STella, The BEAST

This is supposed to be a "friendly" board where most of us come to get away from the childlike behavior that is commonly found on the other boards. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2006, 01:04:27 PM »

Something I'm missing ?

Are you aware of the "Report to Moderator" button?  If there are posts I have not come across on this board that offend you, please inform me and I'll take care of it.

I've been out of town for 3 days and have come back to a bunch of posts that shouldn't be on this board.

You've made some and others have made some.

Please let me know where the transgender and kook posts are and I'll delete them.

I have sent a PM to a member that I think should be added as a mod to this board, as it needs more attention the more it grows.

If she agrees that she would like to be a mod, I will take the suggestion to Ron.
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2006, 01:06:40 PM »
Now don't go all Jag on us. "Moderator privileges are not a toy" ;D

. . . and as one of most deleted members of this board, I would like to note that I fully approve of Stella's methods.

Stella wouldn't do it if it were not called for. I trust her judgement.

PB

sandycoosworth

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2006, 01:22:32 PM »
Are you aware of the "Report to Moderator" button?  If there are posts I have not come across on this board that offend you, please inform me and I'll take care of it.

I've been out of town for 3 days and have come back to a bunch of posts that shouldn't be on this board.

You've made some and others have made some.

Please let me know where the transgender and kook posts are and I'll delete them.

I have sent a PM to a member that I think should be added as a mod to this board, as it needs more attention the more it grows.

If she agrees that she would like to be a mod, I will take the suggestion to Ron.

For the second time, what did I say that was so offensive it had to be deleted ?