Author Topic: Vegan Bodybuilders??  (Read 2014 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Vegan Bodybuilders??
« on: November 16, 2006, 06:11:42 AM »
Any out there?  I need some questions answered.

thanks..
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: Vegan Bodybuilders??
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 07:05:55 AM »
Yeah there some, but they mostly live in pussyville and cuntstown...

hey..did it take you long to think that up..or did you hear it in your 8th grade math class?
footloose and fancy free

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:28:02 AM »

hey..did it take you long to think that up..or did you hear it in your 8th grade math class?

It probably was not said artfully.  I believe Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding may touch on this subject (pick it up anyway, it is the best source I've seen for a variety of topics).

Regardless, I have serious doubts about whether such a diet is condusive to maximum results in the normal male body (I know there are exceptions for every rule, just talking in general here). Where are the cholesterols that support testosterone production going to come from?  What are going to be the sources of complete protein that add up to 1.5g per pound of bodyweight?  If your resort to soy are you risking an estrogenic effect?  How many bodybuilders can get results without taking advantage of the bioavailable protein in eggs?  Plus its unclear whether the body can make use of the EFAs in flaxseed as opposed to fish oil.  Man has evolved to eat meat and dairy products for a reason.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »
As a vegetarian you should be able to see results faster than a meateater.

Vegetarian usually don't eat very much (as in calories) and they're very consious about what the eat, that's a big advantage.

The problem is whether you're a vegetarian or a vegan. A vegeterian should get enough protein from eggs, milk, protein, beans, etc etc.

If you're a vegan you'll have a problem.
It will be almost impossible to beef up, but you still can be a bodybuilding,
being a bodybuilder doesn't mean having a +220lbs physique,
it means having a healthy balanced body. You probarly will have a problem with protein, but you can use (pea)nuts for instants, soya.
If you're a vegan, I would really consider adding eggs to your diet. For a normal vegan there is a big risk of protein-deficiet, let alone a sportsman.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »
As a vegetarian you should be able to see results faster than a meateater.

Yeah, that's if "results" actually means looking like a concentration camp victim.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 01:43:08 PM »
Yeah, that's if "results" actually means looking like a concentration camp victim.

Agreed.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »

For some reason it stuck in my mind all these years probably because I couldn't believe what a straight up TOOL this player was but he used to always send pictures of himself to FLEX MAGAZINE standing next to shaking hands with various pro BB's and fitness girls. His name I want to say is...Robert Cheeke or something like that. Blonde guy...looked like a high school swimmer but thought he was something HUGE and special. Always spoke about his challenges of him being a VEGAN bodybuilder.

Biggest TOOL I ever seen! Anyone know who or what I am talking about?
?

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 05:31:13 AM »
Damn you ;D

But it is still possible. Eggs contain better proteine's than meat, milk, low fat-cottage cheese also contain a lot of decent proteine's,
the main problem are proteine's from a vegetarian source, those aren't the best.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 06:13:46 AM »
For some reason it stuck in my mind all these years probably because I couldn't believe what a straight up TOOL this player was but he used to always send pictures of himself to FLEX MAGAZINE standing next to shaking hands with various pro BB's and fitness girls. His name I want to say is...Robert Cheeke or something like that. Blonde guy...looked like a high school swimmer but thought he was something HUGE and special. Always spoke about his challenges of him being a VEGAN bodybuilder.

Biggest TOOL I ever seen! Anyone know who or what I am talking about?

Yeah... doesn't he live with his boyfriend in Pussyville?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 03:39:19 PM »
Damn you ;D

But it is still possible. Eggs contain better proteine's than meat, milk, low fat-cottage cheese also contain a lot of decent proteine's,
the main problem are proteine's from a vegetarian source, those aren't the best.

One of the most well-known vegetarian bodybuilders was 4-time Mr. Universe, Bill Pearl. His biggest accomplishment was winning his 4th title in 1971, weighing 240 lbs. This came at the expense of several famous bodybuilders, including Dave Draper, and 3-time Mr. Olympia, Sergio Oliva.

Pearl, however, consumed milk and eggs. A vegan ingests NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS, whatsoever. My guess is that vegans would have to intake a LOT of soy protein to get the quantity level up.

The regular food meals have to be on point. You must make sure you eat foods that complement each other to get complete proteins (i.e. beans and rice, lentils and cornbread, etc). That will take some doing. Plus, a lot of the carb sources will have a healthy amount of fiber, which can suppress the appetite. So, food volume will also be a challenge.

Vegan bodybuilders have to be extremely meticulous with their diet, or success will elude them.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 02:42:09 AM »
One of the most well-known vegetarian bodybuilders was 4-time Mr. Universe, Bill Pearl. His biggest accomplishment was winning his 4th title in 1971, weighing 240 lbs. This came at the expense of several famous bodybuilders, including Dave Draper, and 3-time Mr. Olympia, Sergio Oliva.

Pearl, however, consumed milk and eggs. A vegan ingests NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS, whatsoever. My guess is that vegans would have to intake a LOT of soy protein to get the quantity level up.

The regular food meals have to be on point. You must make sure you eat foods that complement each other to get complete proteins (i.e. beans and rice, lentils and cornbread, etc). That will take some doing. Plus, a lot of the carb sources will have a healthy amount of fiber, which can suppress the appetite. So, food volume will also be a challenge.

Vegan bodybuilders have to be extremely meticulous with their diet, or success will elude them.

How can you eat eggs and be classed as a vegetarian?

So let me get this straight... vegies can molest and exploit animals, this is ok, but not to eat them?

I know people who eat tuna and label themselves as vegetarians - fucking idiots, think they're saving the world or something ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 08:46:38 AM »
How can you eat eggs and be classed as a vegetarian?

So let me get this straight... vegies can molest and exploit animals, this is ok, but not to eat them?

I know people who eat tuna and label themselves as vegetarians - fucking idiots, think they're saving the world or something ::)

I didn't make the rules. Most people define vegetarians as people who don't eat meat. Most don't eat meat but consume animal products like eggs and dairy products from milk.

Vegans consume no animal products, whatsoever.

That's the standard I used.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 08:49:04 AM »
So that's what the smelly retards with the fliers standing outside outback are.....

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 06:39:25 AM »

True, but Bill Pearl got huge on steroids and red meat first.  After he got huge, he then quit using steroids and became a vegetarian too.  Either way, Pearl was a great bodybuilder and I admire him.