Author Topic: Soldiers being charged with murder.  (Read 1213 times)

Puller

• Getbig II
Soldiers being charged with murder.
« on: November 16, 2006, 07:23:47 PM »
I know the things they are doing are very immoral and wrong. My question is - How do all you feel about the soldiers of our great country being charged with crimes while in the middle of a war?

I personnaly think it is crazy to charge a soldier with murder. That's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard and it is coming from all you hippies.

discuss...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Soldiers being charged with murder.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:15:58 PM »
When put in the context of the geneva convention, I suppose you can.

Are the people that they killed enemy 'soldiers', ...or are they innocent civilians? I'm not speaking of "collateral damage". I'm talking about targetting civilians in cold blood. Military is charged with fighting and killing military personnel on the other side, ...not innocent civilians. To do so in a country like Iraq, is akin to aiding & abetting the enemy, because you're going to radicalize a whole group of people who otherwise would not have taken up arms against your own soldiers, ...so ya, charge them with murder AND myopic stupidity. There is a code of conduct they must follow.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 08:32:20 PM »
Our friend from the communist north has a point. If I roll into a village and am engaged in a fire fight and civilians get killed then thats one thing. If i roll into the same village and smoke a few just for fun..its murder. It makes thing worse for our soldiers when we do shit like that. I don't care about collateral damage as thats part of war. I don't worry about civilains getting injured or killed if they are hidding or shielding the enemy. But just shooting folks..thats murder.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 09:10:13 PM »
I know the things they are doing are very immoral and wrong. My question is - How do all you feel about the soldiers of our great country being charged with crimes while in the middle of a war?

I personnaly think it is crazy to charge a soldier with murder. That's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard and it is coming from all you hippies.

discuss...

What if they didn't?

in this age of media awareness, let's say a thousand US soldiers committed rapes/murders now and then bragged about it, knowing they wouldn't be charged.

Tell me, would the other 132,000 troops, who do the right thing and don't kill, suddenly be subjected to a whole new danger from the jihadists?  Wouldn't EVERY US soldier become a target?

Above this - you're from the United Fucking States.  We are the world's leader and only superpower.  We're not asshole savages.  When people in our forces want to act like savages, we need to let them know it's unacceptable to give our forces that reputation.

you're an american - you more than anyone should have high standards for your nation's troops.  we don't employ criminals.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:41:54 PM »

discuss...

Rules of engagement.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »
Our friend from the communist north has a point. If I roll into a village and am engaged in a fire fight and civilians get killed then thats one thing. If i roll into the same village and smoke a few just for fun..its murder. It makes thing worse for our soldiers when we do shit like that. I don't care about collateral damage as thats part of war. I don't worry about civilains getting injured or killed if they are hidding or shielding the enemy. But just shooting folks..thats murder.

:o  Communist?  >:(

When you get back from Afghanistan, ...I'm sending your ass to Siberia!

Oh well, ...at least you called me a friend. I s'pose I should be grateful for small mercies.  :-\
w

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 09:52:29 PM »
I'm not saying look the other way but putting a soldier into a war and then charging him with murder is crazy. I dont care if he freaked out and killed the whole damn village. Dishonorable discharge, conduct unbecoming a soldier, but not murder. They are at war.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 09:54:07 PM »
I dont care if he freaked out and killed the whole damn village.

Really?

You're okay with our soldiers having a bad day and just executing thousands of people?

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:55:45 PM »
Not at all. I just do not think it is right for the government to charge one of it's own soldiers with murder.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 09:55:59 PM »
What if they didn't?

in this age of media awareness, let's say a thousand US soldiers committed rapes/murders now and then bragged about it, knowing they wouldn't be charged.

Tell me, would the other 132,000 troops, who do the right thing and don't kill, suddenly be subjected to a whole new danger from the jihadists?  Wouldn't EVERY US soldier become a target?

Above this - you're from the United Fucking States.  We are the world's leader and only superpower.  We're not asshole savages.  When people in our forces want to act like savages, we need to let them know it's unacceptable to give our forces that reputation.

you're an american - you more than anyone should have high standards for your nation's troops.  we don't employ criminals.

BRAVO ROB!!!!!

What so many do not seem to understand is that their military for all intents & purposes are the biggest ambassadors their nation has in a time of war. People in a combat zone do not get to meet the ambassadors who live in embassies, they meet the troops, and how the troops conduct themselves on foreign soil is what the people will remember.

When a tired scared or hungry little child receives candy from a soldier, chances are less than likely that kid is gonna hurl a molotov cocktail at those troops. When he watches his mother or sister get defiled, you can bet that stays with him for a lifetime, and creates a nightmare for the rest of that nations troops. For Chrissakes, American officers in Somalia had to wear Canadian uniforms in order to get anyone to talk with them.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 09:57:15 PM »
I'm not saying look the other way but putting a soldier into a war and then charging him with murder is crazy. I dont care if he freaked out and killed the whole damn village. Dishonorable discharge, conduct unbecoming a soldier, but not murder. They are at war.

They're not suppose to be at war with civilians.
w

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 10:00:05 PM »
We are at war with the country of Iraq. Not sure if you've checked in lately but the enemy isnt wearing fatigues and marching. They are hiding, using women and children as bombs. War has changed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 10:15:14 PM »
We are at war with the country of Iraq. Not sure if you've checked in lately but the enemy isnt wearing fatigues and marching. They are hiding, using women and children as bombs. War has changed.

You don't know much about the history of war.

How do you think they founght war a thousand years ago?

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 10:17:04 PM »
WWII they didnt have tons of kids running around with grenades strapped to them. The enemy wore uniforms to be identified and prevent casualties. They took breaks during the civil war. wtf are you talking about?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 10:40:37 PM »
WWII they didnt have tons of kids running around with grenades strapped to them. The enemy wore uniforms to be identified and prevent casualties. They took breaks during the civil war. wtf are you talking about?

Yes, the iraqi insurgent and jihadists use child bombers and dress to confuse.

But if you believe what we're seeing in Iraq is the most horrific war tactics ever... well, again, you don't know a lot about the history of warfare.  WWII wasn't actually the *first* war.  They had a few before 1939.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 11:47:54 PM »
We are at war with the country of Iraq.

Really? ??? I thought you were over there to "liberate the Iraqi people".

Wasn't it over 3 yrs ago that Bush stood on an aircraft carrier in a piece of badly staged theatre declaring the war was over. "Combat operations in Iraq have ceased. Mission Accomplished." I hate to see what he calls a failure.

Not sure if you've checked in lately but the enemy isnt wearing fatigues and marching. They are hiding, using women and children as bombs.

Oh gotcha. Those soldiers were simply using their penis's to look for IED's in the little girls vagina.  :-\  ::)

None is so blind than he that refuses to see! Talk about your criminal apologists!

Look a little higher in the thread. You'll find one of your own military personnel who even with the bias of being in harms way having to avoid IEDs every moment of his deployment, can't even condone this sort of conduct.

War has changed.

There is nothing new under the sun ...even the idiots remain the same.
w