Author Topic: Comments?  (Read 1355 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Comments?
« on: November 16, 2006, 09:58:21 PM »
This amused me a little...I came across it on the American Academy of Pediatrics web page.

Q: Will steroids make me a better athlete?
A: No. Steroids cannot improve an athlete's agility or skill."

I guess this explains why a majority pro-athlete's have at least dabbled with AAS.  ::)

Hate AAS, bash it all you want, but out right lies, yeah, this is what pisses me off.  >:(

Why is the government so hell bent on relying on lies, this I will never fully understand. Being that I've spent the majority of the past 5years studying politics/government/political theory, I have a lot of little quotes and sayings that have become part of my understanding and evaluation as to how I see things. One of my favorite people in this regard is Alexander Hamilton, I believe it was either Fed. Paper 51 or 78, I'd have to look it up to be sure which one it was, but in short he said this, "therefore, give control of the government to the first class (first class implying the educated, not necessarily the rich) for the mass of people is ever changing and quick to mob rule." It is apparent simply from the above statement that the "first class" has not prevailed...not simply on this issue alone, but on a host of others as well...yes, many other issues, I understand that although this issue (AAS) is important to me, as it is many of you, there are far more pressing issues that should take center stage. Never-the-less, although the government continues to be content on misguidance on this issue, as well as others, more troubling is the immediate acceptance of this persuasion by the majority of the mass.

Delusional statements breeds delusional behaviour, which leads to an inept mind incapable of hearing or producing meaningful coherent thoughts.

whitewidow

Re: Comments?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:07:08 PM »
they lie because people cant handle the truth-lol

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:26:45 PM »
they lie because people cant handle the truth-lol
People "can handle" the truth, the problem is that most people will rely on whatever you tell them, regardless of truth. Truth or lie, most will handle it the same either way, as long as you tell them what they are "supposed" to believe...history tells us this.

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 11:20:54 PM »
the truth can hurt sometimes :-\

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:58:58 AM »
People "can handle" the truth, the problem is that most people will rely on whatever you tell them, regardless of truth. Truth or lie, most will handle it the same either way, as long as you tell them what they are "supposed" to believe...history tells us this.

No I think a person can handle the truth, it because a problem when there's "people".

Bypass

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 10:24:37 AM »
I have Many friends who are professional athletes, to say they dabble in AAS is an understatement...athlete s, are quicker, faster, stronger and more aggressive than ever...and they are smarter and know what to use and when to use it now, gone are the days of a big guy just popping test and dbol, they run complicated cycles, with masking agenst to boot

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »
its all politics the goverment has to act like there doing something so the people can have a good feeling that our goverment is doing things. Its like AIDS it was a way big deal back in the days cause it was a big scare the goverment steped in and said we are on top of it "we know were its comming from and how its transmitted,OK now the goverment lets the world know that they have a grip on things and guess what the people settle down and you hardly ever hear about AIDS now.So with AAS they found someone in some pro sport and it got leaked out so now parents are going holy shit my son want to play that sport and he looks up to these players so once again the goverment steps in and starts cracking down until the people start to forget about AAS and then theyll focuss on something else later down the road like this war.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 04:51:40 PM »
This amused me a little...I came across it on the American Academy of Pediatrics web page.

Q: Will steroids make me a better athlete?
A: No. Steroids cannot improve an athlete's agility or skill."

Why is the government so hell bent on relying on lies, this I will never fully understand.

Considering it was the Pediactrics web page, they are trying to dissuade young adults from using AAS, and that is a good thing.

A sixteen or eighteen year old using AAS can cause permanent damage to themselves, stunt their height and ruin whatever natural gains they would have otherwise.

Of course the statement they use is bullshit, but it serves their purpose, planting that seed of doubt in a teenager's head.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »
Considering it was the Pediactrics web page, they are trying to dissuade young adults from using AAS, and that is a good thing.

A sixteen or eighteen year old using AAS can cause permanent damage to themselves, stunt their height and ruin whatever natural gains they would have otherwise.

Of course the statement they use is bullshit, but it serves their purpose, planting that seed of doubt in a teenager's head.

DIV
I agree, minors have no business using AAS....the statement does serve the purpose of persuasion, but persuasion based on lies, that's the problem I have with it.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 11:54:05 AM »
I agree, minors have no business using AAS....the statement does serve the purpose of persuasion, but persuasion based on lies, that's the problem I have with it.

Well, of course, it's wrong......

.....but they aren't concerned with that.

When it comes to AAS and the goverment I'm a realist not an idealist.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 01:18:19 PM »
Well, of course, it's wrong......

.....but they aren't concerned with that.

When it comes to AAS and the goverment I'm a realist not an idealist.

DIV
Yes, but in time, with what ever the issue at hand might be, truth usually will surface. When lies are purported they will suffice in salvaging an agenda, sometimes for a very long time, but in the end, lies will not hold up. In the case of AAS, will the truth be accepted in our life time? Maybe, maybe not, but as long as there are people who question the "truth", eventually "truth" will rise to the top.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 02:04:09 PM »
Yes, but in time, with what ever the issue at hand might be, truth usually will surface. When lies are purported they will suffice in salvaging an agenda, sometimes for a very long time, but in the end, lies will not hold up. In the case of AAS, will the truth be accepted in our life time? Maybe, maybe not, but as long as there are people who question the "truth", eventually "truth" will rise to the top.

Sure, but they aren't concerned with the future.....only now.

The sheep will believe what they read and see from the government.

Those of us with experience know better...

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 02:34:09 PM »
Sure, but they aren't concerned with the future.....only now.

The sheep will believe what they read and see from the government.

Those of us with experience know better...

DIV
Agreed. All-in-all, the sheep suck and continue to piss me off.

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »
The general public is really quite ignorant, and will believe what they are told.  They also dont seem to care that whether AAS is legal or not has NO effect on their lives at all.  If it were made legal tomorrow their lives wouldnt change in any way shape or form, yet they still want it to be illegal. 

But its no secret, people lie all the time to get their way or to get others to see their point of view.