Author Topic: Rocky IV best movie ever?  (Read 7382 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Rocky IV best movie ever?
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 02:01:14 PM »
"you hurt him; you cut him....HE'S NOT A MACHINE!! HE'S A MAN!!!"
"...he's not human...he's like a piece of iron"

"...that's right...hit the one in the middle"
?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 02:02:09 PM »
That was my most memorable movie because the russian guy was so big and so powerfull but Rocky kept on coming back and never accepting defeat. Good moral story for the ages. Nowadays what do they have to look up to? Ashton Kutcher?
just push some weight!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »
That was my most memorable movie because the russian guy was so big and so powerfull but Rocky kept on coming back and never accepting defeat. Good moral story for the ages. Nowadays what do they have to look up to? Ashton Kutcher?

i always loved rocky, and like his 'attitude' about training. its almost like the movie is a sharp contrast of who i am, physically i favor drago but as far as heart drive and determenation i favor rocky
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »
imagine drago with rockys heart........now that would be.....your legendary king

DADDYWADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 02:11:53 PM »
 Wow...this...this thread is like...ruined now with that post, daddywaddy. You just cheapened the greatnes of this. Thanks.
?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 02:18:09 PM »
Wow...this...this thread is like...ruined now with that post, daddywaddy. You just cheapened the greatnes of this. Thanks.

no daddy waddy has shed tears over this legendary movie. it touched on monumental emotions as a child instilling the brutal hardwork ethics that i employ today
A

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 02:24:11 PM »
"Hey fool! You ready for another beating? You shoulda never came back!"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »
"How much do you think he eats?"

"About 202lbs."

"....weighing in at 202lbs, the Italian Stallion!  Rocky Balboa!"

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 02:27:16 PM »
"How much do you think he eats?"

"About 202lbs."

"....weighing at 202lbs, the Italian Stallion!  Rocky Balboa!"
Hahaha...when in reality he weighed about 152lbs there...TOPS!
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »
"Hey fool! You ready for another beating? You shoulda never came back!"

"Here he comes...don't look at him."

"Just be cool."

"Hey boy!  Hey boy!  Atta I crucify him,  you next!!"

"Just stay outta my face chump!"

"Don't you turn your back on me sucka!!"

"I thought you said be cool?"

"That was cool!"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 02:29:14 PM »
"You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!"

"I feel like a Kentucky Fried idiot."

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 02:30:39 PM »

Stallone filmed Rocky 3 and First Blood back to back in 1982. He weighed 163 pounds.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 02:34:36 PM »
Stallone filmed Rocky 3 and First Blood back to back in 1982. He weighed 163 pounds.
First Blood is his greatest film. Brian Denhey was great in it.

"...there wouldn't be any trouble if it wasn't for that bigshot cop...all I wanted was something to eat"

"...they drew first blood, sir not me...they drew first blood"
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »

AHAAHAH!!  Exactly, I also liked Hogan's measurements in R3, "An incredible site....standing nearly 7ft.....weighing in at 390lbs....."

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2006, 02:37:12 PM »
First Blood is his greatest film. Brian Denhey was great in it.

"...there wouldn't be any trouble if it wasn't for that bigshot cop...all I wanted was something to eat"

"...they drew first blood, sir not me...they drew first blood"

I agree 100%. First Blood is one of my favorite movies ever.

Nothing's over!! Nothing!!

I could have killed them all.....I could have killed you....in town you're the law...out here I am....let it go....let it go....

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2006, 02:39:49 PM »

"...over there I was in charge of handling million dollar equipment...over here I can't even hold a job...washing cars!!!!!!"

"...I wake up and don't know where I am...I don't talk to nobody..."
?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2006, 03:36:39 PM »
"you know wearing that flag on your jacket and lookin' the way you do.......you're askin' for trouble around here friend!!"

AmateurBB1985

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2006, 04:12:49 PM »
"You seen how BIG he is you seen how STRONG he is...."

Then he gets in his Iroc and turns on that song..."There's No Easy Way Out" plays!

Actually it was a Lamborghini. But i see what ya mean Iroc's and Lambos are mistaken for each other all the time.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2006, 04:53:20 PM »

When he though Hulk Hogan they announced Hulk as 390 pounds! :o
just push some weight!

fonz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »
the best movie ever for all the athletes outthere......

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2006, 05:48:56 PM »
"hit the one in the middle"

after boxers get hard hits to the head they actually see double or triple...

EBA84

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2006, 07:24:02 PM »
Reporter to Clubber Lang: "Any predictions for the fight?"

Clubber Lang: "Pain."

I still liked Rocky 5 with Tommy "the machine" Gunn.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »
"i must break you"......

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2006, 07:49:28 PM »
PHILADELPHIA — On a recent windy Saturday, a half-dozen groups waited patiently outside the Philadelphia Museum of Art for their turn to have their pictures taken with a statue. The statue again resides near the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It may not be great art, but the sculpture of Rocky, the fictional boxer portrayed by Sylvester Stallone in what seems like an endless series of movies, is definitely a great draw.

“I only came for Rocky, but, heck, why not go inside?” said Miller Redpath, a visitor from Minneapolis, there with his two sons. “Who figured Rocky would lead me to culture?”

The 8-foot-6 statue took up residence this fall in a prime landscaped cove just to the right of the museum steps — the very steps that Rocky climbed triumphantly, to the sounds of “Gonna Fly Now,” in the first installment of the Rocky saga in 1976.

Inside the museum, there are Van Goghs, Picassos and Titians, but there are lots of them at other museums, too. No other museum, though, has an outsized movie prop that has become its prime attraction.

“It is unbelievable what an icon it is for visitors and residents alike,” said Stephanie Naidoff, the city’s director of commerce. “There is no doubt that lots of people are now coming just to see the statue — and then a good number of them are attracted to the museum. I can’t see any real downside to it.”

“Some people who believed themselves to be definers of what art is may not be pleased, but who are they to be the only definers?” she said.

Ms. Naidoff’s résumé might seem to lead her the other way. After all, she was the founding president of the Kimmel Center, the five-year-old hall that is home to the Philadelphia Orchestra. Yet she speaks with admiration of the Rocky statue. So does James Binns Sr., a former Pennsylvania boxing commissioner and a friend of Mr. Stallone.

“Look, if art is supposed to inspire, then this is it,” Mr. Binns said. “Rocky was a winner, and now he’s a winner in his proper place, by the steps he made famous.”

Mr. Stallone commissioned the statue for “Rocky III” in 1982. It was done by A. Thomas Schomberg, a Colorado sculptor, many of whose works are of athletes.

Though the famous “Rocky” scene has the fighter jumping up and down at the top of the steps in a sweat suit, raising his arms in jubilation, the statue is of Rocky in his boxing regalia, presumably after winning a championship fight. In “Rocky III,” it is unveiled by the city’s fictional mayor at the top of the steps in tribute to the hometown boxing hero.

In real life, the statue stayed on the museum steps for the filming of the movie and was then placed several miles to the south at the outdoor entrance to the Spectrum, which was then the city’s largest sports arena.

When Mr. Stallone came back last year to shoot “Rocky Balboa,” he asked Mr. Binns to see if the statue could be moved somewhere around the museum. After negotiations with Mayor John F. Street, the museum and the Fairmount Park Commission, which oversees the land around the museum, Mr. Binns got to his final hurdle, the Philadelphia Art Commission.

Its hearings last summer started a flood of newspaper editorials, letters to the editor and radio talk-show vituperation on whether a movie prop should stand permanently in front of an art museum.

Miguel Angel Corzo, a commission member and president of the University of the Arts, voted against the statue’s coming to the museum. Since the steps were what inspired “Rocky,” Mr. Corzo said, there was no need for some other physical reminder of the movie.

Ms. Naidoff, for her part, said that if the museum could show the wedding dress of another Philadelphia native, Grace Kelly, the princess of Monaco, inside, then it could certainly show a depiction of Rocky outside.

On Sept. 6, the commission voted 6 to 2 to allow the statue in its new space. By Sept. 8, Mr. Binns had the statue in place and held a dedication ceremony, complete with Mr. Stallone.

“Why waste time?” Mr. Binns said. “People wanted to see it out there.”

The public’s response, he said, justified his enthusiasm.

“I’ve driven past there at 2 a.m. and seen people taking photos with it,” Mr. Binns said. “I’ve been past at 6 a.m. and seen it. When I go by on a good Saturday afternoon, they are waiting in line.”

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2006, 07:51:54 PM »
It was one of the most entertaining movies ever, great soundtrack too. I saw it 10 times in the theaters when it was out ----8 times in Ohio, Once in Canada, and once in California !!!!

Stallone was at the height of his popularity at that point, and when I was vacationing in California, I took a tour to see the homes of the movie stars, and I remember his home being the one that looked most like a fortress-------brick wall all around the house-------you could only see the upper part of his house from the street.