Author Topic: freakiest QUADS?  (Read 9893 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
Re: freakiest QUADS?
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 06:15:28 AM »
what a pity ronnie's lower legs look like a case of deep vein thrombosis.

i don't know what's going on down there but it aint muscle development.

not dissing ronnie. he is a freak, but wtf is it with afro american super athletes with no calves? i see these guys are amazing. they can jump higher, sprint faster, everything that you would think need a fair amount of muscle power from calves but there's just nothing there.

then i see some fat ass white or aasian guy and all he does is sit on his ass and eat/ drink. no discernable athletic ability or muscle development anywhere else but these fucking amazing cows sprouting from his ankles.

WTF??
there is a word called GENETICS that play a major role..white men are known to be genetically gifted with thick calves
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 06:18:26 AM »
there is a word called GENETICS that play a major role..white men are known to be genetically gifted with thick calves

exactly, and it seems that the calves (or lack thereof) are one area that can't be effectively/easily enhanced by artificial means.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 06:22:28 AM »
exactly, and it seems that the calves (or lack thereof) are one area that can't be effectively/easily enhanced by artificial means.
very true.do you know calf implants are the most painfull sugeries of all..more painfull than any surgery and after the surgery has been done it hurts as hell for a few months..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 06:25:58 AM »
very true.do you know calf implants are the most painfull sugeries of all..more painfull than any surgery and after the surgery has been done it hurts as hell for a few months..

they never really look impressive to me.

i suppose ferrigno would have to have some of the better ones and his looked stupid to me.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 06:28:25 AM »
they never really look impressive to me.

i suppose ferrigno would have to have some of the better ones and his looked stupid to me.
ferringnos calves were 20inches when he competed at the olympia 1993..people were shocked to see how weird his calves looked
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 06:39:21 AM »
i know this is a quads thread and i don't want to hijack it but i wonder if anyone has examples of successful calf implants ie ones that actually look like calves.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 06:41:10 AM »
i know this is a quads thread and i don't want to hijack it but i wonder if anyone has examples of successful calf implants ie ones that actually look like calves.
there you...
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ronharris8.htm
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 08:09:04 AM »
personally, Ronnie's quads in 99 at 257 pounds are some of the best ever:

great shape, great cuts, huge size:

I think they were even better than his 2003/4 look
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 08:18:36 AM »
Quote from: the shadow on Today at 09:15:28 AM

but wtf is it with afro american super athletes with no calves?
it seems that the calves (or lack thereof) are one area that can't be effectively/easily enhanced by artificial means

Beast & Shadow have both completely overlooked EFFORT and thought. Some of these guys with imbalances have not proven that they've put as much effort or even thought into addressing imbalances.

Anecdotally if Coleman really had covered all bases he'd have brought the thighs down in size a long time ago and worked more on calves. That he didn't bring the thighs down, which was something he could control, shows that he really didn't cover all the bases. This miscalculation could've easily extended to calf neglect and/or innefficient training. The fact that even his muscles have muscles also strongly suggests that his calves have decent potential, if activated by intense & efficient training. Maybe he did train them hard, but not effectively. I always remember Schwarzenegger's story of how he went from mediocre to great calves by trying new things coupled with great intensity.

Too simple bordering on naive to write all of this off as a racial/genetic thing. I'm not gonna even touch any desires here to stereotype. ;D

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 08:59:46 AM »
umm, arnold was white and hadn't really trained his calves with any real intensity prior to coming to usa.

yes i suppose ronnie could have brought down his thighs, but that wouldn't have helped. he would have had shit thighs and shit calves.

dorian yates would be a good example for ronnie to follow.

great thighs and calves that ronnie could only dream of, in perfect balance.

or, maybe to follow your logic, it wasn't genetics that gave dorian great calves. maybe dorian was just a lot smarter than ronnie, but i'm not gonna even touch any desires to stereotype. ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 09:00:55 AM »
dorian had great thighs?

hahahahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 09:02:44 AM »
I hardly think Yates' thigh mediocrity is something to put out there. 

Just like Cormier, "balance" is used as a smokescreen for overall mediocrity. ;D

umm, arnold was white and hadn't really trained his calves with any real intensity prior to coming to usa.

yes i suppose ronnie could have brought down his thighs, but that wouldn't have helped. he would have had shit thighs and shit calves.
More guesses.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 09:06:50 AM »
Jay Cutler's legs when he was 22 years old are better then 95% of all pros today...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2006, 09:13:20 AM »
I hardly think Yates' thigh mediocrity is something to put out there. 

Just like Cormier, "balance" is used as a smokescreen for overall mediocrity. ;D

More guesses.

i suppose you're about as likely to back up your 'more guesses' assertion as your conspiracy theories on political corruption in bodybuilding?

that's right. didn't think so. guess you're just talking out of your ass again as always.

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 09:37:34 AM »
what about mustafa?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 11:19:42 AM »
what about mustafa?
Oh no!we have almost forgotten this crazy quads sweep guy!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2006, 11:23:32 AM »
Beast & Shadow have both completely overlooked EFFORT and thought. Some of these guys with imbalances have not proven that they've put as much effort or even thought into addressing imbalances.

Anecdotally if Coleman really had covered all bases he'd have brought the thighs down in size a long time ago and worked more on calves. That he didn't bring the thighs down, which was something he could control, shows that he really didn't cover all the bases. This miscalculation could've easily extended to calf neglect and/or innefficient training. The fact that even his muscles have muscles also strongly suggests that his calves have decent potential, if activated by intense & efficient training. Maybe he did train them hard, but not effectively. I always remember Schwarzenegger's story of how he went from mediocre to great calves by trying new things coupled with great intensity.

Too simple bordering on naive to write all of this off as a racial/genetic thing. I'm not gonna even touch any desires here to stereotype. ;D
dude ronnie colemans calfs aree 20 inches..its basically not in proportion with his legs..dude he does train them hard man..he trained with heavy weights in cost of redemp...i would say his legs just got a tad bigger..much bigger...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2006, 11:27:54 AM »
what about mustafa?

Great sweep and size.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 11:34:45 AM »
dude ronnie colemans calfs aree 20 inches..its basically not in proportion with his legs..dude he does train them hard man..he trained with heavy weights in cost of redemp...i would say his legs just got a tad bigger..much bigger...

I agree his quads make his calves look even more out of proportion due to their sheer monstruosity, but if those calves are 20in as you say, that would make his quads 45-50in, and his arms 30in.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »
What about Mustafa's legs?   Pretty freaky!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2006, 01:40:53 PM »
Freaky, but lacking separation and cuts. The same old story with Mustafa, once he nails that, he'll clean  house.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2006, 01:45:13 PM »
These two look alike.
E

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2006, 04:18:26 AM »
These two look alike.
just two words..YOUR RETARDED
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

KTMckay

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2006, 05:10:17 AM »
Pacos legs are huuuuuuuuuuuuge  :o

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2006, 05:14:09 AM »
now we talked about hams,lets see freaky quads can get...nobody comes close to paul demayo..no wonder he was known as quadzilla..
His quads were great but I still think Platz was king in that department.

PB