Author Topic: Iron brothers..Battling your "low motivation" cycles..  (Read 4219 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Iron brothers..Battling your "low motivation" cycles..
« on: November 19, 2006, 08:48:30 AM »
Hey all.  I was wondering if anyone else went through this too...I can be dieting to the T, loving how I eat, what I eat, etc...training intensely, looking forward to going to the gym, etc...

Then...out of no where after around 4 months (ive noticed 2 years in a row on my calendar this has happened) my motivation and inspiration dissipates.. This happened september for me,  where I kinda lost alot of steam...

Ever since then, my diet has became sloppier, i noticed no more weight loss, i stopped doing cardio,  :-\  but my weight is stabilized- I only put on 8 lbs of bad weight..

Im trying to get back on the horse now, in November, and December, and try to hit the new year full steam...I have off this week of thanksgiving, im planning on going to the gym daily in the AM for cardio, then at 4:30pm  for training...then its back to work for 2 weeks, and im off Dec 8th till January 3rd!! so Ill have ALL of decmber to trian like a Pro bodybuilder (hahaha!!!)  and try to get in great shape..

SO what do you guys do to get motivated...?? ..Maybe I should try watching Cutlers Dvds...i havent felt like it though.. :'( :'(

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: Iron brothers..Battling your "low motivation" cycles..
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:16:45 AM »
as far as dvd's go there is only one: cost of redemption.

as far as motivation goes....you have to thrive on the fear of lookoing shitty. so go look in the mirror naked and hit all the mandatories for about 5 minutes and compare yourself to the pro's....youll feel like shit; but your training will be intense.   

whenever i get too many compliments or i start feeling to big for my britches i always do this; and it always ignites my fire.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:40:48 PM »
I take few days off and try not to think about it......then I usually feel like shit enough to wanna hit it hard again...... 

Once I took a week off and I came back stronger....... :-\

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 07:57:39 AM »
as far as dvd's go there is only one: cost of redemption.

as far as motivation goes....you have to thrive on the fear of lookoing shitty. so go look in the mirror naked and hit all the mandatories for about 5 minutes and compare yourself to the pro's....youll feel like shit; but your training will be intense.   

whenever i get too many compliments or i start feeling to big for my britches i always do this; and it always ignites my fire.

Hmm, thats pretty good man..I do this, but sometimes it doesnt have a great affect...

Getbigger, i should do this, its like torture for me to take a week off, cant remember the last time..Ill miss a day once in a blue..that helps me come back...

ive been feeling alot better though...Ive been tempted by the dark side...im not sure if Im gonna go there but the potential to get huge is so tempting..I have a great base and im 32 now, so in my prime after training since 16.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 10:07:47 AM »
Hmm, thats pretty good man..I do this, but sometimes it doesnt have a great affect...

Getbigger, i should do this, its like torture for me to take a week off, cant remember the last time..Ill miss a day once in a blue..that helps me come back...

ive been feeling alot better though...Ive been tempted by the dark side...im not sure if Im gonna go there but the potential to get huge is so tempting..I have a great base and im 32 now, so in my prime after training since 16.

Ahhhh.....the dark side.  Been there once a looooong time ago.  Let me know if ya wanna talk about it more in depth. 

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »
Ahhhh.....the dark side.  Been there once a looooong time ago.  Let me know if ya wanna talk about it more in depth. 

Well my training partner is in his 40s and hes been doing some good cycles,and transformed his once 160lb physique to a 190lbs physique with a few cycles.. I was thinking about  doing a good 12 week, and see how much i retain. It seems that if you train hard and keep eating well after a good cycle, you will be bigger when your clean than you were before you cycled...is this true?

I dont know if its worth it, honeslty, im happy now with my size, just bringing down my bf% and ill be set.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 09:16:13 AM »
Boy thats tough, as with most of everything in the bodybuilding world, it effects people differently.  I was on a 10 week cycle of cyp and a-bombs, think I gained 25+ pounds as I got leaner.

I did eat like s**t, so I do wonder what I would have gained on a strict diet.  But, in the end.....I lost all the gains, still hitting it hard but like I said, dieting was lacking so I dont know how much of a roll that played.  For me the crash outweighed the bliss of the gains.  I then could really understand how someone can get addicted to the stuff and abuse it.  Costs a lot of dough too when you start stacking s**t and do cycles after cycles which you will have to do to keep your gains.   

Not gonna lie, felt awesome when I was on.  Thats when you have to weigh the pros and cons on how it effects the people in your lives.......to a level thats different for everyone, usually in a negative manner.  I was always hungry, which made me a crabass, irritable....s**t like that. 

If I were to do it again it would be to cut up rather than gain mass-but honestly its not even on my radar screen.  Id rather spend the energy and supplements to give me gains that I will have a better chance of keeping..........but thats just me. 

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 02:39:55 PM »
Boy thats tough, as with most of everything in the bodybuilding world, it effects people differently.  I was on a 10 week cycle of cyp and a-bombs, think I gained 25+ pounds as I got leaner.

I did eat like s**t, so I do wonder what I would have gained on a strict diet.  But, in the end.....I lost all the gains, still hitting it hard but like I said, dieting was lacking so I dont know how much of a roll that played.  For me the crash outweighed the bliss of the gains.  I then could really understand how someone can get addicted to the stuff and abuse it.  Costs a lot of dough too when you start stacking s**t and do cycles after cycles which you will have to do to keep your gains.   

Not gonna lie, felt awesome when I was on.  Thats when you have to weigh the pros and cons on how it effects the people in your lives.......to a level thats different for everyone, usually in a negative manner.  I was always hungry, which made me a crabass, irritable....s**t like that. 

If I were to do it again it would be to cut up rather than gain mass-but honestly its not even on my radar screen.  Id rather spend the energy and supplements to give me gains that I will have a better chance of keeping..........but thats just me. 

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah my friend seems to lose mostly all of it when he comes off. Others that I know are on seem to stay big all the time, im assuming they never really come off for that long-if they even do....

Its not worth it though, my goal is to just get in the best shape.

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 04:02:09 PM »
Take a week off immediately and go and do something fun. Cruise for a good week or 2 after this.  Eat whatever you want for a couple of days or two. Pound down a couple triple hot fudge sundaes and just chill. Get some extra sleep and lay off the super supps.  It's impossible for muscle growth to grind to a HALT FROM SOME MUCH NEEDED R&r..   

Motivation is just that. Re-evaluate your goals and your progress. Are your goals ACTUALLY attainable with your current schedule and diet?  How accurate is your journal?  How honest have you been with yourself? When was your last huge improvement??  Go back and find out.. Life is good . Don't stress over it. It's much less complicated than you think..

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »
keep a journal to monitor your progress. As far as motivation, the fear of being a fat shit should suffice.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 07:00:26 PM »

it should wor pretty damn good dude.   dont look at amatuers and shit..stare at dexter jackson or victor martinez for a half hour then pose in the mirror. you will look like total shit.    i just did it and im going to fuck shit up today in the gym.    i cant stand other people having superior bodies.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:51:13 AM »

good post...

heracles - one small cycle isn't worth the time and money...cycle properly for 3-4 years and you will retain most of the mass and strength when you come off. the shorter the cycle, the less gains you will keep. i know this is the wrong forum for this but i read all the threads in here anyway.

training natural is very rewarding, but after 8-10 years you will find gains get really slow...do alot of research before you decide to try a real cycle. you can cycle proper and stay in perfect health if you know what you are doing and know when to quit and come off. i've seen many guys juice properly for a few years and keep 90% of their gains as long as they continue to workout.

8)

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 04:21:38 PM »
heracles!

i think the key is u have to cycle ur training intensity...i went thru the same thing so badly that for three yuears i stopped lifting and just did the party route: drinking weekly and eating junk and this totally destroyed my physique and my bodyfat was huge.

i cycle like this for a year :

3 months - intense (with no-xplode, cellmass, hyrdoxycut)
1 month- easy (off creating)
3 months- intense (with no-xplode, cellmass, hyrdoxycut)
1 month- easy (off creatine)
3 months- intense (with nitrix 9 tabs per day)
1 month - easy (off creatine)

during the 3 months will either be mass or fat loss or both depending on where i'm at.

during the one month period
-  i cycle off my creatine supplementation and i take it easier at the gym i train hard but not with the 'do or die heavy free weights/ compound movements' attitude that i normally have. i will try some cables for fun and isolation movements too in this period.

supplements i take are fish oil, multivitamin-mineral, hydroxycut hardcore/ thermoshred, protein powder, no-xplode, cell-mass and sometimes nitrix)

hope that helps...it is working for me personally.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 04:22:43 PM »
keep a journal to monitor your progress. As far as motivation, the fear of being a fat shit should suffice.

haha
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 03:26:01 AM »
Hey, id say take time off (a week probs).

I have been making strength gains week to week on current schedule, but reached a week wer a couple of things actually went down, so i took it as sign to take week off (havnt had one in ages), came back on monday and was just expecting to do the same as i ahd the time b4, but in couple things i was improved.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah