Author Topic: WWE and PRIDE?  (Read 1635 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
WWE and PRIDE?
« on: November 19, 2006, 03:02:06 PM »
Has anyone heard much about this?  Reps from PRIDE met with WWE to discuss some sort of co-promotion last week...

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: WWE and PRIDE?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:03:26 PM »
WHY?
irongearco.com

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 03:07:19 PM »
WHY?

Because MMA will be the death of professional wrestling

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »
please as much as a dislike pro-wrestling, MAA is no where near the WWE as far a revenue or ratings. how long has MAA been around? long enough to do some damage to the WWE but it hasnt. wrestling is fake yes, but the ahtletes get PAID. MAA is real but they get paid crap! how much did Hughes,GSP or Silvia get paid? Silvia is the heavyweight champ and i doubt he made much more than 100,000.00 if that. the WWE's ratings may not be what they were back in the mid/late 90's but its still way above MMA as far as exposure and revenue.
also its apples and oranges.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 02:17:58 PM »
please as much as a dislike pro-wrestling, MAA is no where near the WWE as far a revenue or ratings. how long has MAA been around? long enough to do some damage to the WWE but it hasnt. wrestling is fake yes, but the ahtletes get PAID. MAA is real but they get paid crap! how much did Hughes,GSP or Silvia get paid? Silvia is the heavyweight champ and i doubt he made much more than 100,000.00 if that. the WWE's ratings may not be what they were back in the mid/late 90's but its still way above MMA as far as exposure and revenue.
also its apples and oranges.

for now

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:43:43 PM »
  ::) ::) ::) ::)brilliant!!

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 07:00:15 PM »

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 07:37:52 AM »
WWE will probably paid a large sum of money to some MMA fighters to participate in Wrestling fights and get their asses kicked by Carlito or Rey Misterio, in order to promote and convince people to watch WWE programs!! But I hope not!!!!
S

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 12:48:35 PM »

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »
WWE will probably paid a large sum of money to some MMA fighters to participate in Wrestling fights and get their asses kicked by Carlito or Rey Misterio, in order to promote and convince people to watch WWE programs!! But I hope not!!!!
smart move by both Pride and WWE, it it works out it could be the beginning of the end of the UFC.

hopefully Pride will not have one of their fighters lose to a WWE athlete, if they do that the Pride fighter will lose some credibility. i think Pride will use some of the WWE's promotional stratagies between the fighters. for example having over the top interviews by the fighters, or having "grudges" between the fighters. the Pride fighters would benefit by having more of a personality to sell.