Author Topic: Dallas wins!  (Read 2355 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Dallas wins!
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 05:30:07 PM »
Those were great posts.  ::)
And he's probably not quite good enough to win them in the last minute all the time, as proven today.

Doesn't matter how good HE is if the recievers are not open or they simply don't catch the ball.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 05:53:56 PM »
Doesn't matter how good HE is if the recievers are not open or they simply don't catch the ball.

That last pass he threw out of the end zone-when the receivers were covered he wasn't pressured, had time to think of something else-run, run to buy time to throw, throw to a back, etc. before just throwing it away.

Wayne missed a couple of reasonable passes, so did the tight end. I wonder if the coaches ever talk to them about it.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 05:56:10 PM »
That last pass he threw out of the end zone-when the receivers are covered a great QB has to think of something else-run, throw to a back, etc. before just throwing it away.

yeah,but I honestly think he was hoping for a flag for pass interference.He had nobody open and he does not run very often.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »
yeah,but I honestly think he was hoping for a flag for pass interference.He had nobody open and he does not run very often.

Hoping for a call's not great; he's very good but might be missing that little extra. Could win without it though, or maybe rise to that level in the playoffs finally. Even this year.

Clearly they're a better team this year than any other because of the experience and a better RB. Defense is decent considering the expectations. Better that they lost today than try to go undefeated, in the long run.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 05:58:12 PM »
wimper wimper....  ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 06:01:16 PM »
He no longer bothers me, after the last few years of playoff debacles. I think like Elway he's finally been humbled, which shows in his play. It's less about him piling up yards and more about the team winning. Same thing that happened with Elway.

body88

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 06:46:39 PM »
Hoping for a call's not great; he's very good but might be missing that little extra. Could win without it though, or maybe rise to that level in the playoffs finally. Even this year.

Clearly they're a better team this year than any other because of the experience and a better RB. Defense is decent considering the expectations. Better that they lost today than try to go undefeated, in the long run.

I agree with you they are a better offensive team. But they are not better defensivley. They lost three impact defensive players this year. Keep in mind they have also been very lucky injury wise this season. Imagine if harrison went down for the playoffs?

Who knows how it will work out. They could charge through the playoffs take out NE and win it all. Or it could go the other way. Either way manning needs to keep his cool.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 07:08:32 PM »
Colts defense is solid & well-coached; nowhere near as bad as claimed.

Colts upgraded at RB; he's the real deal & better than James IMO.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 07:09:46 PM »
wimper wimper....  ;D

but he is still rich. He recently had a home built not far from where I live,it is huge,of coarse.I don't know how much time he actually spends there,though.

body88

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »
Yes, yes he is. I think he is a funny actor also. He needs to relax as he is being over exposed. But when he first came out with those commercials I thought they where great.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 07:19:16 PM »
Yes, yes he is. I think he is a funny actor also. He needs to relax as he is being over exposed. But when he first came out with those commercials I thought they where great.

My favorite is the one where he has on the wig and fake mustache.

body88

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 07:21:42 PM »
My favorite is the one where he has on the wig and fake mustache.

Me to!    " 6'5 , 235 pounds, lazer for an arm".....   The one when the waitress takes a digger is funny also.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 07:24:13 PM »
Me to!    " 6'5 , 235 pounds, lazer for an arm".....   The one when the waitress takes a digger is funny also.

he really don't look that big does he?

body88

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2006, 07:47:36 PM »
  he really don't look that big does he?

That is weird thing about NFL players. They look normal until you see the trainers running up to them and getting dwarfed. I saw Corey Dillon a few times during the summer in Marina bay ( where alot of the Pats plyers live) and he was a big boy. About 6 feet and looked to be a good 230. legs like a horse. In great condition also. Alot of the best genetics in the world are in pro football.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 07:49:59 PM »
That is weird thing about NFL players. They look normal until you see the trainers running up to them
Huge difference in person. Same with most BBs.

Peyton Manning's like a basketball player, at 6'6". I'd never have known from watching the games.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 07:51:33 PM »
That is weird thing about NFL players. They look normal until you see the trainers running up to them and getting dwarfed. I saw Corey Dillon a few times during the summer in Marina bay ( where alot of the Pats plyers live) and he was a big boy. About 6 feet and looked to be a good 230. legs like a horse. In great condition also. Alot of the best genetics in the world are in pro football.

yeah I guess you have a point.NBA players don't look so big either next to each other.I remember when Kobi Bryant was in trouble and I saw him on t.v next to his lawyer.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2006, 07:54:11 PM »
I saw Jabbar crossing an intersection in midtown, while he was still playing. Dwarfed huge crowds crossing 5th Avenue, by 1-2 feet. Couldn't have stood out more.

Impossible for him to blend in unnoticed.