Author Topic: Hawaii as a nation?  (Read 1639 times)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Hawaii as a nation?
« on: November 20, 2006, 08:06:11 AM »
http://www.hawaii-nation.org/

Stop the illegal occupation. >:(
Z

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Hawaii as a nation?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:41:37 AM »
It's not new, there have been resiters to the occupation the whole time.  They were a soverign nation overthown by American businessmen with the help of US Marines.  It only got worse after that.

In 1935, two-time Medal of Honor winner, retired Gen. Smedley D. Butler accused major New York investment banks of using the U.S. Marines as racketeers and gangsters to exploit financially the peasants of Nicaragua.

Later, Butler stated:

"The trouble is that when American dollars earn only six percent over here, they get restless and go overseas to get 100 percent. The flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.
"I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to defend some lousy investment of the bankers. We should fight only for the defense of our home and the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

"There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It had its 'finger men' to point out enemies, its 'muscle men' to destroy enemies, its 'brain men' to plan war preparations and a 'Big Boss' — supernationalistic capitalism.

"I spent 33 years in the Marines. Most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism.

"I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenue in. I helped in the rape of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street.

"War is a racket."

— General Smedley Butler
former U.S. Marine Commandant
Common Sense
November 1935

The corporations that rose from this crap went on to determine they could overthrow America too.

Attempted Coup Against Franklin D. Roosevelt
From Demopedia

The Business Plot or the The Plot Against FDR was a conspiracy against President Franklin D. Roosevelt by a group of millionaire businessmen, led by the Du Pont and J. P. Morgan empires. Alarmed by the President's plan to redistribute wealth from the rich to the poor, they plotted to overthrow Roosevelt with a military coup and install a fascist government. The businessmen tried to recruit General Smedley Butler, promising him an army of 500,000, unlimited financial backing and generous media spin control. The plot was foiled when Butler reported it to Congress.

Participants
In the summer of 1933, shortly after Roosevelt's "First 100 Days," America's richest businessmen were in a panic. It was clear that Roosevelt intended to conduct a massive redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor. Roosevelt had to be stopped at all costs.

The answer was a military coup. It was to be secretly financed and organized by leading officers of the Morgan and Du Pont empires. This included some of America's richest and most famous names of the time:

Irenee Du Pont - Right-wing chemical industrialist and founder of the American Liberty League, the organization assigned to execute the plot.
Grayson Murphy - Director of Goodyear, Bethlehem Steel and a group of J.P. Morgan banks.
William Doyle - Former state commander of the American Legion and a central plotter of the coup.
John Davis - Former Democratic presidential candidate and a senior attorney for J.P. Morgan.
Al Smith - Roosevelt's bitter political foe from New York. Smith was a former governor of New York and a codirector of the American Liberty League.
John J. Raskob - A high-ranking Du Pont officer and a former chairman of the Democratic Party. In later decades, Raskob would become a "Knight of Malta," a Roman Catholic Masonic Order with a high percentage of CIA spies, including CIA Directors William Casey, William Colby and John McCone.
Robert Clark - One of Wall Street's richest bankers and stockbrokers.
Gerald MacGuire - Bond salesman for Clark, and a former commander of the Connecticut American Legion. MacGuire was the key recruiter to General Butler.

The Plan

The plotters attempted to recruit General Smedley Butler to lead the coup. They selected him because he was a war hero who was popular with the troops. The plotters felt his good reputation was important to make the troops feel confident that they were doing the right thing by overthrowing a democratically elected president. However, this was a mistake: Butler was popular with the troops because he identified with them. That is, he was a man of the people, not the elite. When the plotters approached General Butler with their proposal to lead the coup, he pretended to go along with the plan at first, secretly deciding to betray it to Congress at the right moment.

What the businessmen proposed was dramatic: they wanted General Butler to deliver an ultimatum to Roosevelt. Roosevelt would pretend to become sick and incapacitated from his polio, and allow a newly created cabinet officer, a "Secretary of General Affairs," to run things in his stead. The secretary, of course, would be carrying out the orders of Wall Street. If Roosevelt refused, then General Butler would force him out with an army of 500,000 war veterans from the American Legion. But MacGuire assured Butler the cover story would work:

"You know the American people will swallow that. We have got the newspapers. We will start a campaign that the President's health is failing. Everyone can tell that by looking at him, and the dumb American people will fall for it in a second…"
The businessmen also promised that money was no object: Clark told Butler that he would spend half his $60 million fortune to save the other half.

And what type of government would replace Roosevelt's New Deal? MacGuire was perfectly candid to Paul French, a reporter friend of General Butler's:

"We need a fascist government in this country… to save the nation from the communists who want to tear it down and wreck all that we have built in America. The only men who have the patriotism to do it are the soldiers, and Smedley Butler is the ideal leader. He could organize a million men overnight."
Indeed, it turns out that MacGuire travelled to Italy to study Mussolini's fascist state, and came away mightily impressed. He wrote glowing reports back to his boss, Robert Clark, suggesting that they implement the same thing.

If this sounds too fantastic to believe, we should remember that by 1933, the crimes of fascism were still mostly in the future, and its dangers were largely unknown, even to its supporters. But in the early days, many businessmen openly admired Mussolini because he had used a strong hand to deal with labor unions, put out social unrest, and get the economy working again, if only at the point of a gun. Americans today would be appalled to learn of the many famous millionaires back then who initially admired Hitler and Mussolini: Henry Ford, John D. Rockefeller, John and Allen Dulles (who, besides being millionaires, would later become Eisenhower's Secretary of State and CIA Director, respectively), and, of course, everyone on the above list. They disavowed Hitler and Mussolini only after their atrocities grew to indefensible levels.

Breakdown

The plot fell apart when Smedley Butler went public. The general revealed the details of the coup before the McCormack-Dickstein Committee, which would later become the notorious House Un-American Activities Committee. (In the 50s, this committee would destroy the lives of hundreds of innocent Americans with its communist witch hunts.) The Committee heard the testimony of Butler and French, but failed to call in any of the coup plotters for questioning, other than MacGuire. In fact, the Committee whitewashed the public version of its final report, deleting the names of powerful businessmen whose reputations they sought to protect. The most likely reason for this response is that Wall Street had undue influence in Congress also. Even more alarming, the elite-controlled media failed to pick up on the story, and even today the incident remains little known. The elite managed to spin the story as nothing more than the rumors and hearsay of Butler and French, even though Butler was a Quaker of unimpeachable honesty and integrity. Butler, appalled by the cover-up, went on national radio to denounce it, but with little success.

Vindication

Butler was not vindicated until 1967, when journalist John Spivak uncovered the Committee's internal, secret report. It clearly confirmed Butler's story:

In the last few weeks of the committee's life it received evidence showing that certain persons had attempted to establish a fascist organization in this country…
There is no question that these attempts were discussed, were planned and might have been placed in execution if the financial backers deemed it expedient…
MacGuire denied (Butler's) allegations under oath, but your committee was able to verify all the pertinent statements made to General Butler, with the exception of the direct statement suggesting the creation of the organization. This, however, was corroborated in the correspondence of MacGuire with his principle, Robert Sterling Clark, of New York City, while MacGuire was abroad studying the various form of veterans' organizations of Fascist character.
Needless to say, the survival of America's democracy is not an automatic or sure thing. Americans need to remain vigilant against all enemies... both foreign and domestic.

Source documents

http://www.claytoncramer.com/primary/other/HUAC1.pdf
http://www.claytoncramer.com/primary/other/HUAC2.pdf
http://www.claytoncramer.com/primary/other/HUAC3.pdf
http://www.claytoncramer.com/primary/other/SpivakNewMasses.pdf
[edit]Book Sources
Jonathon Vankin and John Whalen, The 60 Greatest Conspiracies of All Time (Secaucus, N.J.: Carol Publishing Group, 1997)
Jules Archer, The Plot to Seize the White House (New York: Hawthorne Books, 1973)
George Seldes, Even the Gods Can't Change History (Secaucus, N.J.: Lyle Stuart, Inc., 1976)
John Spivak, A Man in His Time (New York: Horizon Press, 1967)
[edit]See also
Merchants of Death
Remington Arms Company
[edit]External links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/Coup.htm
Information taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot which has taken from http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/tenets.htm

© Copyright 1996 by Steve Kangas. Text can be quoted freely for non-commercial purposes only, with proper attribution.

Retrieved from "http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/index.php/Attempted_Coup_Against_Franklin_D._Roosevelt"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »
Definitely an illegal overthrow.  A little late in the game to do much about it.  I suspect the Akaka Bill may get new life with the Senate turnover. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 09:49:52 AM »
Definitely an illegal overthrow.  A little late in the game to do much about it.  I suspect the Akaka Bill may get new life with the Senate turnover. 
yea, it's too late to do anything, I agree. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »
I was reading about the bill today.

Native Hawaiians should have the same rights as other indigenous groups in the US.

Hope it comes to pass.
The story of their nation is very sad. Where was the rest of the world that swore to protect them, after America annexed the island. At least other groups were given treaty rights.
Z

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 09:53:07 AM »
In Canada we are starting to recognize other native groups that weren't recognized during the treaties of the late 1800's.

There have actually been some really substantial changes including a whole territorial government in Northern Canada.
Z

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »
Dear "Native Hawaiians":

Tough shit.

Hawaii is a state, and that's that.

Want to try to secede? Open your history books and see how well that worked out for South Carolina and the rest of the southern states back in 1860.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 11:00:27 AM »
Dear "Native Hawaiians":

Tough shit.

Hawaii is a state, and that's that.

Want to try to secede? Open your history books and see how well that worked out for South Carolina and the rest of the southern states back in 1860.

Hope this helps.

That's really not what they're looking for.  They're seeking the same status as Native Americans. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 11:09:22 AM »
What the white assholes did to the indians they did to the Hawaiians.  I think they should get whatever they ask for.  I mean I wouldn't be here if the history wasn't they way it ended up but still the real Hawaiians deserve something.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 11:20:35 AM »
im pretty sure that is not the only nation that was "illegally" taken.
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 11:45:54 AM »
Economist Adam Smith said that you cannot pur two businessmen in the same room for five minutes without them hatching a plan that will benefit them at the expense of the public good.

I reckon ol' Adam was right.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 01:12:29 PM »

Dear Americans,

What are we going to do if Puerto Rico wants to become a state?

Having 2 senators from Puerto Rico just doesn't sound right to me.

What do y'all think?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 01:16:54 PM »
Dear Americans,

What are we going to do if Puerto Rico wants to become a state?

Having 2 senators from Puerto Rico just doesn't sound right to me.

What do y'all think?

I'm okay with it, as long as they understand that if they join the US as a state, English is part of the deal.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »
Economist Adam Smith said that you cannot pur two businessmen in the same room for five minutes without them hatching a plan that will benefit them at the expense of the public good.

I reckon ol' Adam was right.

The alternative is much worse. Adam Clits theories are not very applicable to problems in todays world.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 01:35:51 PM »
The alternative is much worse. Adam Clits theories are not very applicable to problems in todays world.

traitor.  Gary busey thinks they are applicable.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 01:14:58 PM »
That's really not what they're looking for.  They're seeking the same status as Native Americans. 
which they deserve. im not hawaiian but i cant see their culture surviving the next fifty or so years. so much of their history has been lost already.