Author Topic: the golf channel, the tennis channel, why not a bb channel?  (Read 2537 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
the golf channel, the tennis channel, why not a bb channel?
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
don't you think there is enough audience for a bb channel? i'm not talking on anyone's regular basic cable service, but where you can upgrade/order it. i know there is fittv on satellite. but i'm talking a bb channel.

i would think there is least a few hundred thousand or even up to a million people in this country who would subscribe and watch a bb channel.

they could show various bb shows (pros and top npc shows, of course not the O or the arnold, no too much in the way of money for pay per view) but there are lots of other pro shows in the u.s. and in europe, and also the top npc shows. they could show old episodes of flex magazine shows from the mid 90's perhaps buy and borrow all the morning shows on espn a few years ago (flex appeal, co-ed training, bodyshaping) to fill out some time, bring back american muscle show and perhaps come up with new workout shows and also perhaps a reality show of bber's and even live shows from the mecca and stuff like that.

i think there is a good size audience that would shell out an extra 10 to 20 bucks a money on their cable bill to watch an all bb channel! comments!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: the golf channel, the tennis channel, why not a bb channel?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »
You must be joking.. in all honesty, how many  subscribers do you think you'd have.. 1,000-5,000 at the most.. if you're talking about a FITNESS channel that dedicates a few hours to bodybuilding and contests then yeah, ok.. but a pure bodybuilding channel.. no way.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:55:01 PM »
Espn could have devoted 1 or 2 hours of bodybuilding on espn 2 just like they do for world strongest men contest, but I guess there is no money in it.....huh :-[
Get Big, or Die Trying

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:16:34 PM »
2 WORDS

TAYLOR HOOTEN

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 02:08:36 PM »
The gays already have Bravo...............why another one?
HAHA, RON.....

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »
The drug use ...

too obvious?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 03:25:31 PM »
Because BODYBUILDING IS NOT A SPORT!!

Hope this helps!

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:51 PM »
The gays already have Bravo...............why another one?
isnt it the logo channel it is in ny.I have that shit blocked anyway
p

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:44:02 PM »
don't you think there is enough audience for a bb channel? i'm not talking on anyone's regular basic cable service, but where you can upgrade/order it. i know there is fittv on satellite. but i'm talking a bb channel.

i would think there is least a few hundred thousand or even up to a million people in this country who would subscribe and watch a bb channel.

they could show various bb shows (pros and top npc shows, of course not the O or the arnold, no too much in the way of money for pay per view) but there are lots of other pro shows in the u.s. and in europe, and also the top npc shows. they could show old episodes of flex magazine shows from the mid 90's perhaps buy and borrow all the morning shows on espn a few years ago (flex appeal, co-ed training, bodyshaping) to fill out some time, bring back american muscle show and perhaps come up with new workout shows and also perhaps a reality show of bber's and even live shows from the mecca and stuff like that.

i think there is a good size audience that would shell out an extra 10 to 20 bucks a money on their cable bill to watch an all bb channel! comments!

Call your cable company, Im sure they have GAY CHANNELS available by subscription.
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

RJB

• Getbig II
  • Everyone on the internets is rich.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 06:41:55 PM »
Because nobody would watch it. And what would you put on it...reruns of Pumping Iron six times a day?
Ronnie looked like doodoo

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 06:45:05 PM »
Because nobody would watch it. And what would you put on it...reruns of Pumping Iron six times a day?

Seriously. Other than gay guys, who would want to see re-runs of guys in fucking posing trunks or G-strings all fucking day long?

HAHA, RON.....

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 08:17:29 PM »
Why was BBing taken off cable TV anyway? It has its audience. Seems fair to show at least the Mr Olympia (one show a year!) on cable, since people do know about the Mr. Universe and whatnot through Arnold, so they'd at least give it a look. Plus the posing routines make it pretty entertaining for the average person watching.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 09:00:34 PM »
Because BODYBUILDING IS NOT A SPORT!!

AGREED 100%!!!  it's a skewed version of a beauty pageant highlighting mens muscular bodies (which are dressed in thongs) of course it will NEVER be mainstream!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 09:11:50 PM »
AGREED 100%!!!  it's a skewed version of a beauty pageant highlighting mens muscular bodies (which are dressed in thongs) of course it will NEVER be mainstream!

Yet, women's beauty pageants are on all the time and all they do is highlight women's bodies, which are dressed up. If they all wore thongs, they'd probably be even MORE popular.

Then you have Michelangelo's 'David' is one of the most popular statues of alltime. Really, the mindset of today's society is so fucked up.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 09:12:57 PM »
Yet, women's beauty pageants are on all the time and all they do is highlight women's bodies, which are dressed up. If they all wore thongs, they'd probably be even MORE popular.

Then you have Michelangelo's 'David' is one of the most popular statues of alltime. Really, the mindset of today's society is so fucked up.

And your point is?

Ah, the WOMEN are great to look at.

Men are not. At least not for me............
HAHA, RON.....

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 09:35:11 PM »
I'm not gay, but BBers bodies are great to look at, too! Why else would we follow it if it didn't draw us to look? I'm sure the women who watch it lust over most of those guys, and the guys appreciate the effort needed to build a body like that. It'll never be a sport that attracts mostly women, which is why it's not a beauty pagaent. It's a competition with rules and guidelines.

Guys in thongs... big whoop. They just wear what shows the muscles off the best. Thing is, most people look at that as disgusting, because they don't know anything about the sport and/or want to be macho infront of their friends. That's part of what's wrong with society in general. Too many macho types who can't see something for what it is.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »
Why? The same reason there's not a "Homeless and Drug Addicted Channel." Nobody wants to watch people piss all over themselves & OD, and then lie about it and say, "Soon I'll sign a big contract and this lifestyle will all be worth it."

Then again... perhaps I'm mistaken.
a

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 09:56:47 PM »

bodybuilding is not a sport, maybe, but with all the chanel available on tv don't tell me there is not one for bodybuilding, hell, fishing chanel is not a sport, golf?.....

anyway that would be nice
are you delusional?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 10:00:56 PM »
Fit TV is not only on satellite, it's also on Time Warner and Comcast.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 06:55:38 AM »
i dont think a bbing channel is such a great idea.

there isnt enough of an audience for it.

however, a fitness channel wouldnt be a bad idea.

fitness shows
nutrition shows
features on how athletes trains
sporting events related to fitness - marathons, powerlifting, army/military challenges
and a few bbing contests as well
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 07:07:13 AM »
Bbbing only channel never happen. Unless someone pumps their own money into it, and at best breaks even with sponsorship money should the channel be on air that long.

Better idea, would be to create a "strength" channel with powerlifting, strongman, bodybuilding, maybe fitness, etc, ut even that probably wouldnt take off.

Another option is to put a 1-2hr segment on a sports dedicated channel every week or bi-weekly.

Unlikely, but would be good for the fans. And pervs.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 07:11:39 AM »
I would say because there are a jillion golfers, jillion tennis players, very few with what it takes to lift weights and sculpt the body.    Their is probably more chance of a Fast Food CHannel and how to get fat the quickest.

God bless, have a wonderful thanksgiving and remember, careful on the carbs but destroy the chicken.  The white meat of course, avoid the dark meat.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 07:34:28 AM »
I think a general fitness channel incorporating bodybuilding into it would be pretty good as it would appeal to a broad spectrum of people. Especailly with more people into healthy living and eating. Maybe the daytime programmes would be about the fitness side of things and the late night stuff would be the more hardcore bodybuilding side of things. It's getting someone with the money and drive behind it though to make an impact.