Author Topic: What if Syria, Iraq, and iran all make friends?  (Read 1152 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
What if Syria, Iraq, and iran all make friends?
« on: November 21, 2006, 03:10:44 PM »
They're all talking with one another, and the White House is "skeptical" about it.

I find this meeting interesting. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: What if Syria, Iraq, and iran all make friends?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
Welcome to the division of Iraq.
Z

MKD

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:15:34 PM »
If those three countries can actually work out an agreement, Israel is screwed...next you'll see Japan and North Korea negotiating.
strong mind, strong body

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »
If those three countries can actually work out an agreement, Israel is screwed...next you'll see Japan and North Korea negotiating.

I was referring to the US involvement there.

Some say that we are over there to bring freedom to these nations.
Some say that we are over there to take the resources of these nations, one by one.

Whatever our goals, if these three use a "enemy of my enemy is my friend", it would be hard to prevent them from ousting us, and the question would soon emerge "Why are we here if they all get along so well now against us?"

MKD

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 10:29:11 PM »
Whatever our goals, if these three use a "enemy of my enemy is my friend", it would be hard to prevent them from ousting us, and the question would soon emerge "Why are we here if they all get along so well now against us?"

I think the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality is prevalent in the Middle East... based on my experiences over there.  Saddam drove the wedge in Iraq relations with Syria and Iran in the 80s and I don't doubt that these countries could work an agreement now that he is gone.  IF there is a significant drop in violence as a result of any agreement they have then we will exit faster than Michael Richards at an NAACP meeting.  Latest poll from worldpublicopinion.org states about 80% of Iraqis want us out in a year anyways.
strong mind, strong body

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 03:13:58 AM »
I think it's good that they're all meeting and talking - hopefully it'll put a curb on a lot of the violence in Iraq.

However, I can see the Americans being sceptical - all they're worried about is where their friend Israel stands in the middle of all of this. The Arab nations will become a lot stronger if they're unified and Israel will become even more isolated.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 08:46:40 AM »
Ive posted about this before...i think its retarted we are allowing IRan to keep doing their thing,so they can obliterate Israel...while we are wasting our time in Iraq, and their fuking democracy..WGAF!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 09:45:44 AM »
They're all talking with one another, and the White House is "skeptical" about it.

I find this meeting interesting. 
It would be good. If that happened we would have an apology to attack and destroy them, in only one war. Effective and not that expensive...
S

MKD

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 06:12:31 PM »
However, I can see the Americans being sceptical - all they're worried about is where their friend Israel stands in the middle of all of this. The Arab nations will become a lot stronger if they're unified and Israel will become even more isolated.

The amount of influence Israel has in our Middle East policy is staggering. You can bet the Israelis are concerned about this meeting.  If you really want a strong opinion on the effects of Israel, google "the israel lobby" and look at an article by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt--- pretty interesting.
strong mind, strong body