Author Topic: China Admits Selling Prisoners' Organs  (Read 1726 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
China Admits Selling Prisoners' Organs
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »
For the first time, the Chinese government has admitted selling the organs of executed prisoners for profit, a gruesome business it had denied for years.

Speaking at a national conference of transplant surgeons in Guangzhou last week, Vice-Minister of Health Huang Jiefu admitted, "Apart from a small portion of traffic victims, most of the organs from cadavers are from executed prisoners," according to the China Daily, a state-run English-language newspaper published in Beijing.

Harry Wu, a former political prisoner in China and human rights activist, says that Huang's statement is an important admission.

"Ten years ago I talked about this, ABC and BBC reported, Congress held hearings about this, and China always denied it, saying 'No, no, no, never,'" said Wu. "And this time, they said 'Yes.'"

Wu assisted ABC News' 1997 Primetime investigation where the story, "Blood Money: Black Market for Kidneys from Chinese Prisoners," first broke.

According to the published account, the health vice-minister complained that foreigners were getting the vast majority of the organs because they could better afford to pay than Chinese citizens. The cost of a prisoner's kidney has been estimated by human rights groups at about $90,000.

Wu says that poor Chinese are selling their organs on the black market, even though it is now illegal in China to sell organs for profit.

A Ministry of Health official in Beijing declined to comment, saying that ABC News needed to submit a written application for an interview.

Sophie Richardson, an Asia expert for Human Rights Watch, says China still has a long way to go to improve its human rights standards. "This is the beginning of an effort to look like it's responding to concerns about some pretty grotesque behavior."

The Chinese government established a special committee to crack down on the organ black market earlier this year.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: China Admits Selling Prisoners' Organs
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 05:03:50 PM »
It's messed up isn' it. I normally don't like to read the Toronto Sun, but I couldn't get past todays headlines.

Apparently we have a growing scandal they are calling Organ Visa whereby it is alledged that some people are given a fast track to visas in order to come in to donate organs to wealthy Canadian recipients.

I'll let you know more as I find out the details.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:11:07 PM »
Pretty scary stuff.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 07:22:50 PM »
Pretty scary stuff.

especially when you consider the profit potential. A prisoner is worth more dead than a live.
If a kidney fetches $90K, what does a set of lungs and a heart go for? Then there are the corneas etc.

Weigh this against the cost of housing & feeding a prisoner for years, ...on even during the length of an exhaustive trial, and the profit motive is overwhelming. Who cares if he's really innocent? We can execute with a bullet to the brain (cause no one's figured out how to transplant a brain yet), bill his next of kin for the cost of the bullet,...
...and sell the organs.  ;D
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »
especially when you consider the profit potential. A prisoner is worth more dead than a live.
If a kidney fetches $90K, what does a set of lungs and a heart go for? Then there are the corneas etc.

Weigh this against the cost of housing & feeding a prisoner for years, ...on even during the length of an exhaustive trial, and the profit motive is overwhelming. Who cares if he's really innocent? We can execute with a bullet to the brain (cause no one's figured out how to transplant a brain yet), bill his next of kin for the cost of the bullet,...
...and sell the organs.  ;D

No doubt in my mind they've probably executed prisoners for the sheer purpose of just selling off their organs. India and China are growing economically, but there are some things they need to straighten out when it comes to human rights.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:02:28 PM »
the US needs to put prisoners into slavery.

Alex23

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 09:09:01 PM »
Dude, you need to get an account to www.PoliticalConspiracyM essageBoardThatIsNotGetB ig.com and layoff on exposing every fucking conspiracy that goes throught your mind on a fucking bodybuilding board... focus....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 09:20:53 PM »
Dude, you need to get an account to www.PoliticalConspiracyM essageBoardThatIsNotGetB ig.com and layoff on exposing every fucking conspiracy that goes throught your mind on a fucking bodybuilding board... focus....

There is no conspiracy here.  China admitted it.  Why the hate?  It's in the news today.  They openly admit it.

Why the "conspiracy" line?

Alex23

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 10:35:50 PM »
There is no conspiracy here.  China admitted it.  Why the hate?  It's in the news today.  They openly admit it.

Why the "conspiracy" line?

Human Rights vs China -> Monster surprise.

Info such as this getting out and not being sensored. Dubious 8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »
maybe they just consider this advertising for this new sexy export :)

scubaculture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 11:04:04 PM »
Whats the problem, why bury or burn what can be used to improve someone elses life

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 12:14:39 AM »
Human Rights vs China -> Monster surprise.

Info such as this getting out and not being sensored. Dubious 8)

China censors what Chinese citizens can see within their OWN country. They cannot control what is said outside of their country. Right now we have a Mississauga man who is imprisoned in China right now for speaking out about human rights in China. He's a Canadian citizen who travels on a Canadian passport, but China says they "do not acknowledge any rights he may have as a Canadian." According to them, "he was born in China, ...that makes him ours". Our prime minister tried to flex his muscles at the recent APEC conference. It remains to be seen our effective he was. Many are calling it the 1st test of him as a Global leader. Personally, I think he failed that repeatedly after he was elected. He gave some good rhetoric, ...but he appears to me as all hat no cattle.
w

Alex23

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »
He's a Canadian citizen who travels on a Canadian passport, but China says they "do not acknowledge any rights he may have as a Canadian." According to them, "he was born in China, ...that makes him ours".

If he was born in China, I have to agree with China on this one...

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 01:06:21 PM »
Where can I buy these organs? I may need a liver or a kidney in the future and would like to keep my spare in the freezer.
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »
Where can I buy these organs? I may need a liver or a kidney in the future and would like to keep my spare in the freezer.

Hahaha yes Grundle, I also have a great receipe for Kidney Pie Chow Mein 8)