Author Topic: Ashamed to be a human being . . .  (Read 1855 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Ashamed to be a human being . . .
« on: November 22, 2006, 08:39:13 PM »
When I read a story like this . . . I'm ashamed to be a human being.  How can any one throw a living newborn baby into the garbage as if she were trash?  :'(

Baby girl found dead at recycling plant was born full term, police say
By Jerome Burdi and Leon Fooksman

The baby found dead in rubble at a recycling plant near West Palm Beach had been born full term and was a 6-pound girl, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said on Wednesday.

Detectives named the girl "Grace" as they ordered a DNA profile and began to look for leads into how she ended up dead.

"By the grace of God, we found her," said Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Phyllis Kearney, explaining where the name came from.

Kearney said the cause of Grace's death still hadn't been determined. There were bruises on the body, but investigators they may have come when the body was being transported, rather than from a beating.

The Sheriff's Office said Grace died last Saturday or Sunday and that her body was transported to Sun Recycling west of West Palm Beach by one of 50 trucks that stopped at 369 construction sites from Delray Beach to Tequesta to pick up material.

Workers found the naked baby with her umbilical cord still attached on Tuesday morning in a mound of discarded concrete set for crushing at Sun Recycling, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said.

Investigators suspect the baby was brought Monday to the plant, on Wallis Road off Southern Boulevard near Florida's Turnpike. The newborn was covered in so much dirt from the rocks and concrete that investigators couldn't immediately determine her race.

Palm Beach County Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Bell wrapped the baby in a blanket, put her on a gurney and took her to the morgue.

"I can't believe how anyone would throw a baby out like a piece of garbage," said Detective Bob Falbe, a sheriff's child-crimes expert.

She is at least the 21st baby discovered dead and abandoned in recycling plants, trash containers, canals and other places in Florida since 2000, including three in Palm Beach County, according to Miami-based A Safe Haven for Newborns. A 2000 state law permits parents to drop off unwanted newborns within three days of birth at hospitals, fire stations and emergency medical services facilities without prosecution and law enforcement asking questions.

"It doesn't have to be like this," said Nick Silverio, founder of the newborns advocacy and educational group. He said at least 56 babies have been recovered at the emergency facilities since the law passed. At least two babies were dropped off so far this year in Palm Beach County, at a hospital and a fire station.

"A child's life is saved and a mother and father are saved from a lifetime of guilt," he said.

Many of the abandoned-baby cases go unsolved because of the challenges in finding evidence and tracking relatives, officials said.

West Palm Beach detectives still are trying to find the mother of a newborn found dead on a recycling conveyor at the Palm Beach County Solid Waste Authority in January 2005.

Police wrote a heart-wrenching letter meant to persuade that boy's mother to come forward. The letter was released to the media and read at the baby's funeral months later. The attention generated only a dozen or so unsuccessful leads, mostly from parents who suspected their runaway children were pregnant.

Police have entered the baby boy's DNA into a national FBI database hoping it will match his mother's DNA if she ever is entered into the system. "We're still actively looking for her," Detective Dennis Hardiman said.

Baby Grace arrived in the plant between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday, presumably in one of the 369 trucks delivering debris from construction, remodeling and demolition sites from Pompano Beach to Martin County, investigators said. With trucks rumbling and dust flying, a 19-year-old worker examining a mound of materials on the edge of the western side of the fenced-in plant spotted the baby near the top of the pile heading for a machine that crushes the debris into small rock.

Sun Recycling officials could not be reached for comment, despite attempts by phone to their corporate and satellite offices.

The autopsy will attempt to answer if she ever took a breath. If so, whoever dumped her could face felony charges, possibly homicide. If she was stillborn, the perpetrator could be charged with illegal disposal of a dead body, a misdemeanor.

Either way, Falbe said, he will exhaust all leads.

"I want to find out who could have done this," he said.

Alex23

Re: Ashamed to be a human being . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:41:44 PM »
When I read a story like this . . . I'm ashamed to be a human being.  How can any one throw a living newborn baby into the garbage as if she were trash?  :'(

"I want to find out who could have done this," he said.

Somebody who doesn't really like kids... I don't see what the big deal is...

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 09:00:15 PM »
i'm in china 4 months out of the year, this sort of thing happens there all the time, specifically with girls.  same with india as well.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 09:32:02 PM »
millions of human have been "aborted" in america over the last few years
Valhalla awaits.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 09:33:25 PM »
Be ashamed to be a liberal.  Not to be a human.

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:37:50 PM »
Be ashamed to be a liberal.  Not to be a human.

lol

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 09:38:12 PM »
Dude, that guy is a conservative!
w

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »
Dude, that guy is a conservative!

Bay is not a conservative... you crazy.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 09:55:35 PM »
. . . I'm ashamed to be a human being.  .

If it helps, I'm ashamed you're a human being too.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 09:57:51 PM »

If it helps, I'm ashamed you're a human being too.

HAA HAA!!

OWNED

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 11:18:46 PM »

Somebody who doesn't really like kids... I don't see what the big deal is...

you are a bafoon.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 02:36:45 AM »
People should be shot for doing that - they're the ones who don't deserve to be humans.  >:(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 05:50:38 AM »
We have Safe Haven laws that allows anyone to leave a newborn baby (less than three days old) at a hospital, firehouse, or police station with absolutely no questions asked.  Why throw a living baby in the trash?  :'(

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 08:02:53 AM »
human beings are capable of great compassion and great evil.  it is the nature of the beast.
Valhalla awaits.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 08:40:58 AM »
You live in a country that legalized the vivsection of babies in the womb and some bitch dumping her kid in a dumpster makes you blush ::)

What the fuck ?

OneBigMan

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 09:03:48 AM »
We should all be ashamed to supposedly being human or being humanimals because hatred is in out heredity and in our traits. We are in this supposedly 21st century in a 2 thousand six year and there are still vicious crimes that law enforcers have to deal with and police officers getting murdered by perpetrators. Juvenile violence is as bad as it ever was so it is absolutely horrendous. Some people are much more genetically pre-disposed than others and very conditioned to the street syndrome. That is why all those famous named rappers still have a platform with their ghetto gift of gab. They should all be forced to concede everything they ever earned and be hit with a emotional sense of BLACK guilt and GHETTO guilt URBAN guilt and CASH guilt and GANG guilt and SELF guilt and MUSIC guilt. Freedom of expression has been abused for too many months and specific years. That is why feedom is not freedom.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 09:09:56 AM »
We should all be ashamed to supposedly being human or being humanimals because hatred is in out heredity and in our traits.

This is retarded, why should we be ashamed of something in our genes ?

OneBigMan

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 09:17:55 AM »
WHY? Simply because there are too many perpetrators and killers and murderers that have lived and are still taking up space in the prison population. Just watch court-tv and figure out what all murder victims families go through >:(

sandycoosworth

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 09:20:04 AM »
What I ment was if something is in our genes its human nature, why should we feel shame for something we had no choice over ?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 09:22:13 AM »
millions of human have been "aborted" in america over the last few years

Good point.  Talk about perspective. . . .

sandycoosworth

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 09:27:44 AM »
Not only are they aborted, they are cut up while alive :)

Personally I'm in favour of abortion cause the kind of woman who would get one should not be raising kids. What bothers me is when people dont call it what it is, cold blooded murder >:(

Big387

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »

after that are they breaded and deep-fryed ?
team goodrum

sandycoosworth

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 11:33:21 AM »
Actually they glue them together and shove em back in your moms c unt ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 11:34:05 AM »

Personally I'm in favour of abortion cause the kind of woman who would get one should not be raising kids. What bothers me is when people dont call it what it is, cold blooded murder >:(

oh brother ::)

E
E

OneBigMan

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 01:04:13 PM »
What I ment was if something is in our genes its human nature, why should we feel shame for something we had no choice over ?

Human nature is backwards behavior that is too excessive and extreme. Learning about religion is a big part of human nature and that becomes interpreted in everyone's own way based on your ethnic background. Go talk to a cop that is not rude and he or she will explain to you what is wrong with people in this stereotype society.