Author Topic: What is your favorite type of architecture or home?  (Read 3198 times)

body88

What is your favorite type of architecture or home?
« on: November 24, 2006, 09:30:30 AM »
When I buy a home I would like to buy a modern style house. I like modern architecture . You do not see any of that out here in Boston. Everything is colonial.

Post some pics of your favorite type of architecture.

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
Re: What is your favorite type of architecture or home?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 10:37:46 AM »
I like a more traditional style. A nice town house in London

and a country retreat

would suit me down to the ground. I can't really see it happening, though

body88

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:46:32 AM »
Those brownstones are pretty cool. You should visit Boston some time. Beacon hill looks exactly like that. It is actually kind of spooky. I know the ones you posted came long before the ones in Boston! So I should say Boston looks like London in certain parts!

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »
I've been through Boston on the way from Logan Airport to Killington ski resort. Didn't get to see much of it, but what I did see was nice. New England does seem like a pretty cool place to live.

body88

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 10:59:20 AM »
I've been through Boston on the way from Logan Airport to Killington ski resort. Didn't get to see much of it, but what I did see was nice. New England does seem like a pretty cool place to live.

Love Killington. Give Loon a try sometime. Next time you are in the city have a look around. Take a duck tour. The ducks are old ww II troop tranporters. The tour is half on land and half on the charles river off the ocean and the harbor.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »
a large arts and crafts... Stickly Interior, simple, warm and comfortable with character.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 12:28:09 PM »
Architecture doesn't really matter so much to me, ...but I am partial to Scholz designs and neo-classic designs

As for my favourite type of home, ...one with plenty of love and laughter.  :)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 01:31:39 PM »
I've always loved brick homes, but they don't really build them here.  I've come to learn that houses are mainly for women.  My wife worries about architecture, walk-in closets, bathrooms, the kitchen, furniture, blinds, shutters, colors, lights, etc., etc.  Gives me a headache.  Me?  I could live in a studio big enough for my weights and my big screen TV. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 01:38:42 PM »
I've always loved brick homes, but they don't really build them here.  I've come to learn that houses are mainly for women.  My wife worries about architecture, walk-in closets, bathrooms, the kitchen, furniture, blinds, shutters, colors, lights, etc., etc.  Gives me a headache.  Me?  I could live in a studio big enough for my weights and my big screen TV. 

Gee, ...considering she's a stay-at-home Mom who spends pretty much 24/7 there, ...I wonder why such things would be important to her.  ::)  And never discount the value of a walk-in closet!  Proverbs 21:9 :P

w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »
Gee, ...considering she's a stay-at-home Mom who spends pretty much 24/7 there, ...I wonder why such things would be important to her.  ::)  And never discount the value of a walk-in closet!  Proverbs 21:9 :P

Actually, she was a stay-at-home Mom for about 13 years.  She's now a college graduate, working professional, and will start graduate school next year.  So now what?   :)

Proverbs 21:19.  Proverbs 25:24.  Solomon was very wise man.   ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
These pics are of a very good friends house here in Kona.  It is up on the hill and is just spectacular.   I love this place.  When I first moved here it's where I lived for about a month.  I love this place.  I like living on the beach like I do but some of the homes up on the hill are just unreal.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 01:50:03 PM »
Actually, she was a stay-at-home Mom for about 13 years.  She's now a college graduate, working professional, and will start graduate school next year.  So now what?   :)

No doubt her 13 yrs as a stay-at-home mom afforded her the opportunity to recognize the value of such considerations.

Proverbs 21:19.  Proverbs 25:24.  Solomon was very wise man.   ;D

I'm sure his mother taught him well.  :)
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 01:51:52 PM »

Yes I like used brick homes too.  Way back in the mid 80's I went to a party at Englebert Humperdick (probably way off on that one) house for a party in Beverly Hills.  His house was well over 10,000 sq. ft. and it was totally made of used brick.  Everything was the house, planters, walls, stairs.  It was so neat.  He had huge wooden beams inside mixed with the brick was awesome.

Hawaii has some really architecture.  The homes up in Tantalus are awesome.  Also in Lanikai and Kahala.  Some North Shore homes too are beautiful

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »
Yes I like used brick homes too.  Way back in the mid 80's I went to a party at Englebert Humperdick (probably way off on that one) house for a party in Beverly Hills.  His house was well over 10,000 sq. ft. and it was totally made of used brick.  Everything was the house, planters, walls, stairs.  It was so neat.  He had huge wooden beams inside mixed with the brick was awesome.

Wow, I'll bet he poops himself every time there's a earthquake! Nothing like waking up to a brick in the noggin.  :P

Hawaii has some really architecture.  The homes up in Tantalus are awesome.  Also in Lanikai and Kahala.  Some North Shore homes too are beautiful
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »

Well anytime you can spend a million or more building a house, it's going to be pretty nice.   :)  I like making the drive up around Round Top Drive to look at the homes in Tantalus.  I wouldn't want to live up there, but I agree the houses are spectacular.  There probably isn't a house in Lanikai for under a million.  There is one on the market now for $24 million.  Same with Kahala oceanfront property.  

I've already told my wife the next house is on the beach.  I don't care if it's a shack.   :)  

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 03:18:04 PM »
$1.2 milliion dollar dreamhouse:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9870962/

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »
I love Tudor Revivals.

S

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 05:00:45 PM »
once the dems raise taxes, we'll all be living here:
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »
i wouldnt mind living in a log cabin in the mountains...but that's just me

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 06:40:17 PM »
I love Tudor Revivals.

That's pretty dang nice!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »
Check out some of these hgtv dream homes
You can take 360 degree tours of each house.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 07:32:40 PM »
Check out some of these hgtv dream homes
You can take 360 degree tours of each house.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home

Coooooooooool, man I can't wait to be a home owner.   8)
S

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 07:34:26 PM »
stained wood, stone, brick house.  i hate plastic or aluminum siding, looks cheap.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 08:30:13 PM »
My Gf's parents have a large log cabin near Branson MO on a lake. They had alot of the log cabin mags so i flipped through. If u can find the land thats the way to go, depending on where u are in the States. I think thats what i'm going to do when I retire.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 08:58:53 PM »
$1.2 milliion dollar dreamhouse:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9870962/

{LOL} I love it. Now that was a damned good investment.

This kid I went to highschool with did the same thing... well his family did. They built a little ramshackle fruit & vegetable stall at the corner of a major cross-roads. It was a little ram shackle fruit stand with stalls, ...and even tho it was so primitive compared to the major grocery stores, there produce was much fresher. I never understood why they didn't develop it further.

Few years later, we read about plan to widen the intersection, and the property was sold to the city. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They later sold parcels of land to developers. At the rate our town was growing, it was inevitable they needed more land to build more houses. Now they've got streets named after them, ...not to mention grocery store after grocery store all across the province.
w