Author Topic: Can't take pictures in my gym  (Read 6424 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Can't take pictures in my gym
« on: November 24, 2006, 10:45:25 AM »
Can't take pictures in my gym, today I wanted to take some pictures of my longtime workoutpartner trying for a PR Squatting, some no good personal trainer came over and said: No pictures allowed sorry.

The same trainer has no problem with some (obviously) deranged middleaged person doing squats on a Medicine ball, I never see them help some new people as well.
All they are interested in is to get through their day with as little work and hassle as possible.

Gyms these days suck.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Can't take pictures in my gym
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 10:47:45 AM »
Can't take pictures in my gym, today I wanted to take some pictures of my longtime workoutpartner trying for a PR Squatting, some no good personal trainer came over and said: No pictures allowed sorry.

The same trainer has no problem with some (obviously) deranged middleaged person doing squats on a Medicine ball, I never see them help some new people as well.
All they are interested in is to get through their day with as little work and hassle as possible.

Gyms these days suck.
After reading this post I am now convinced that all this is done out of jealousy. Oh ya. What on earth is wrong with taking pics in a gym???? Thats right...nothing. I think they did this to you out of spite.

PB

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:50:24 AM »
That "Bites"  :o :o It's not like you were trying to make a video and not giving them a cut

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 10:54:50 AM »
did he care to explain why?
do you train at planet gayness?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 10:57:10 AM »
Oh the list goes on and on fellas.

We have this rather good decline bench something similar like the pic below: With the problem that you cannot raise it high enough to make some ab crunches that make sense.
So we took some of these plastic things the bunnys are using all the time (you can create a platform you can stand on with these plastic things) and raised the bench a little.
It was perfectly save.

But it took just 2 min for some of these guys to come over and remind us not to misuse the equipment.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »
did he care to explain why?
do you train at planet gayness?

I train at this "Fitness TEMPLE"  ::)  ::)

http://westwood.hosting365.ie/

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »

Gyms these days suck.

Most likey the personal trainer is an idiot and is getting mixed up with no cameras/camera phones in the locker rooms policy.
Go over this twants head and just get permission from the manager...
K

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »
suits you right for training at places like that
Z

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 12:16:37 PM »
Go over this twants head and just get permission from the manager...

exactly...... if i were you , i'll take the pictures anyway.....it is jalousy, i don't see why you can't, how does the guy who told you that looks like...
are you delusional?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 12:34:33 PM »
Oh the list goes on and on fellas.

We have this rather good decline bench something similar like the pic below: With the problem that you cannot raise it high enough to make some ab crunches that make sense.
So we took some of these plastic things the bunnys are using all the time (you can create a platform you can stand on with these plastic things) and raised the bench a little.
It was perfectly save.

But it took just 2 min for some of these guys to come over and remind us not to misuse the equipment.

You gotta love it...the little "personal trainer" or "counterman" is telling the big guys that compete how to use the equipment. Gym stupidity never ends.

PB

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »
Many gyms have adopted a "no photos, no cameras - no exceptions" policy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A49274-2003Sep22
:

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
stark, you gotta inlarge your avatar

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 12:50:47 PM »

Gyms these days suck.
you must look like a little bitch who can be pushed around.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 12:52:33 PM »
Not a surprise.
Some people might be offended when you were taking pictures of them and not your workout partner.
Just kidding.

But it is a privacy issue and the gym would be held responsible.
This goes with the equipment as well.
The fact is gyms can get sued and they don't want the liability.
Where is special ed when you need him.
Z

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 12:53:47 PM »
you must look like a little bitch who can be pushed around.

haa haaa poor little Stark... :-[
K

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »

haa haaa poor little Stark... :-[
nobody in my gym has ever dared to tell me not to do anything and that includes using chalk, dropping weights, grunting, taking pictures of women with my cell phone, criticizing people's form, etc., Stark must look like a little pusssy.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 01:00:51 PM »
nobody in my gym has ever dared to tell me not to do anything and that includes using chalk, dropping weights, grunting, taking pictures of women with my cell phone, criticizing people's form, etc., Stark must look like a little pusssy.

Squadfather you better watch it, he may send you a PM challenging you to some fisticuffs on the corner of 53rd and Main street.  Stark just thinks it is only the guys in his home town that use this Internet thingy...
K

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 01:02:36 PM »
How long have you been with your "life partner".  It sounds like the PT may like your "partner" and maybe wants to take him out.  Does the PT know you guys are a couple.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 01:03:40 PM »
How long have you been with your "life partner".  It sounds like the PT may like your "partner" and maybe wants to take him out.  Does the PT know you guys are a couple.

::)
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »
Many gyms have adopted a "no photos, no cameras - no exceptions" policy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A49274-2003Sep22
Thats absolutely ludacris. Talk about being tight. Whats the harm in a guy taking pics of his training partner maxing out on a lift??? Whats next? No sweating or breathing allowed?

PB

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »
Board_SHERIF and Squatfather....get a girlfriend

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 02:13:25 PM »

look bro, i told you, you and your 'longtime partner' can't use the camcorder in the gym.  your little shower episode was unacceptable. 
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 02:20:15 PM »
you and your life partner must have made a scene, how does it take to snap a pic? You could have taken the picture before anyone knew what was going on. But I am guessing that you had to fix your nails and make up before getting the right angle.
Here comes the money shot

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »
why would they prohibit picture taking? To discourage perhaps people posing in the gym? I dont understand.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »
why would they prohibit picture taking? To discourage perhaps people posing in the gym? I dont understand.

I guess because they are afraid that some of the idots in my gym take pics of woman bending over etc