Author Topic: Not everyone who claims to be a Christian really is one.  (Read 11806 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Not everyone who claims to be a Christian really is one.
« on: November 24, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »
Christians are not perfect, just forgiven.  But truly believing in Jesus Christ will change a person and this should and will show.  Christians should show that there is something different about them from the rest of the world.  And this difference should be genuine and not superficial.

Jude 4
"For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord."

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven"

Matthew 7:22-23
"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

1 John 2:19
"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

sandycoosworth

Re: Not everyone who claims to be a Christian really is one.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 11:56:45 PM »
So if someone is still sinning they should believe harder ?

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 12:06:51 AM »
Probably the most common reply I get when I ask a non or non-frequent church goer who considers themselves to be religious and a christian is that they really want to get to the afterlife and keep on living so to speak. (maybe they think they can sin a bit there too and still be accepted)   :)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 12:17:38 AM »
  horse shit.

MCKEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 08:38:44 AM »
The following might be offensive to christians( I mean no harm). I am a muslim and I read the bible and I read the Quraan. According to my knowledge of the bible and christians of today i can honestly say that muslims are the true christians in todays time. For the simple reason, How many christians follow the bible?(They are told not eat the flesh of swines) How many follow the comandments?(The adulterer and the adulteres should be stoned to death).

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 08:41:46 AM »
The following might be offensive to christians( I mean no harm). I am a muslim and I read the bible and I read the Quraan. According to my knowledge of the bible and christians of today i can honestly say that muslims are the true christians in todays time. For the simple reason, How many christians follow the bible?(They are told not eat the flesh of swines) How many follow the comandments?(The adulterer and the adulteres should be stoned to death).

Those are Old Testament laws that Christ set his believers free from.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 08:47:39 AM »
So before jebus came it was a sin to eat swine?

Now it is not, but only if your believe?

::)

MCKEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 12:44:55 PM »
Purge_WTF

Did Jesus say that? You are not reading the bible. Jesus said "i have not come to change the law of the prophets but to fulfill". What do you understand by that statement? Let me tell you what the problem is. The almighty put us on this earth for a reason. to submit to HIS will. Islam and christianity are not far apart. There are a few difference, namely
1. Muslims don't believe Jesus was crucified. Internal evidence of the Bible proves it.
2. The divinity of Christ
3. We muslims dont beleive that he(Jesus) is the only begotten son of GOD. Begotten not made(I would like to know what this means). Begotten is an animal act and it belongs to the lower functions of SEX and the Almighty cannot be attributed with such Qualities.

MCKEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 12:54:32 PM »
sandycoosworth

Beleive what????? That Christ died for your sins. This is the thing about Christians that i don't understand. Your bible clearly says"the son shall not bare the iniquity of the father. neither shall the father bare the iniquity of the son. Yet you believe totally something else. Jesus never asked anybody to believe that and then salvation is yours. This is something that was created by christians in the past 2000 years.

It is still a sin to eat the flesh of swine. According to my experience an every christian i have come across finds it difficult to abide by this law in particular(no harm to christians intended).

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »
A sin to eat pork huh?

Add another one to the list of bullshit sins

MCKEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 01:28:43 PM »
OzmO

I take it you are not a christian

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »

No offence taken, McKee.  Eating pork a sin?  You must be thinking of Judaism and not Christianity.  This might be offensive to Muslims (I mean no harm), but you are saying that Muslims are the true Jew of today's time.

McKee,
When you read the Bible, did you miss this part?  This is what Christians are told to do:

1 Corinthians 10:25
"Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience"

1 Corinthians 8:8
But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

Romans 14:2-3
One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

Acts 10:11-14
He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air.
Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 02:11:31 PM »
Jesus never asked anybody to believe that and then salvation is yours.

But according to the bible He did: 

Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me" (John 14:6).

He also said, "God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.  (John 3:16-18)

A sin to eat pork huh?

Add another one to the list of bullshit sins

Eating pork is not a sin but was part of Mosaic Law which applied to Jews.   I'm not sure what the reason was, other than maybe a health issue, and/or a set-apart issue, but the Mosaic Law does not apply to gentiles (Christians would be considered gentiles).
R

MCKEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 02:15:15 PM »
Hi Loco

You see this is the excitment about talks such as this. According to Christian beliefs Moses was the prophet of the Jews and Jesus?........ Well Jesus is also a Jew, so where does christianity come from?

Why I say this is the excitment? You see what you are doing now is quoting verses and verses and verses which means nothing at all. (What does all of those verses that you just quoted have to do with the price of EGGS?)

1 Corinthians 10:25
"Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience"

The verse that you quoted can pass on as a contridiction. Meaning when christians(this applies to jews as well) are told not to eat the flesh of a swine, which do you believe, refrain from eating swine or eat anything as you have quoted.
What do you in a case like this?

Answer this loco. Do you believe that Jesus is GOD?

MCKEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »
NO christian is worth the name if he can't clinch the deal with John 3:16

As STella mentioned. Can somebody please explain to me what it means when christians say the only begotten son. Begotten not made.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 02:21:16 PM »
Hi Loco

You see this is the excitment about talks such as this. According to Christian beliefs Moses was the prophet of the Jews and Jesus?........ Well Jesus is also a Jew, so where does christianity come from?

Jesus was a Jew
Jesus was/is the Messiah; the Christ
Jesus is the Christ
People that believe in Him are Christians

Meaning when christians(this applies to jews as well)

No, it doesn't.
R

MCKEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 02:26:45 PM »
STella 

Just to add on to what you have just said and you are correct

No muslim is a muslim if he does not believe that jesus is the Christ.
We are made to believe that he was one of the mightiest massengers of God
We Believe that gave life to the dead by God's permission and he healed those born blind and the leppers by God's permission. we are going together with Christians on that. We even honour his mother Marry. Infect there is a chapter in the Quraan called chapter Marry. The Quraan honours Marry even more then the Bible.

Did you know that?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 02:31:58 PM »
NO christian is worth the name if he can't clinch the deal with John 3:16

As STella mentioned. Can somebody please explain to me what it means when christians say the only begotten son. Begotten not made.

From C.S. Lewis:

"What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man. What God creates is not God; just as what man makes is not man. That is why men are not Sons of God in the sense that Christ is. They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind. They are more like statues or pictures of God."
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »
STella 

Just to add on to what you have just said and you are correct

We Believe that gave life to the dead by God's permission and he healed those born blind and the leppers by God's permission. we are going together with Christians on that. We even honour his mother Marry. Infect there is a chapter in the Quraan called chapter Marry. The Quraan honours Marry even more then the Bible.

Did you know that?

I had no idea about the Mary info you stated.  How do you "honour" her?

When you say that Muslims believe that Jesus is the Christ, what do you mean by "the Christ?"  Muslims don't believe Jesus is God do they?

This is very interesting MCKEE.  Thanks.

R

sandycoosworth

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »
sandycoosworth

Beleive what????? That Christ died for your sins. This is the thing about Christians that i don't understand. Your bible clearly says"the son shall not bare the iniquity of the father. neither shall the father bare the iniquity of the son. Yet you believe totally something else. Jesus never asked anybody to believe that and then salvation is yours. This is something that was created by christians in the past 2000 years.

It is still a sin to eat the flesh of swine. According to my experience an every christian i have come across finds it difficult to abide by this law in particular(no harm to christians intended).

Youre stupid, #1 for thinking I'm a christian #2 for thinking eating swine is a sin

Swine was a sin 3000 years ago because it was killing people in the desert who couldnt prepare it properly.

Do not have kids >:(

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 06:53:58 PM »
where does christianity come from?

From Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour

what you are doing now is quoting verses and verses and verses which means nothing at all

Quoting the Bible means all to me.  I quote verses to make it clear that what I believe does not come from myself or from teachings of men, but from the word of God.  I believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God and the final authority in my life.

when christians(this applies to jews as well) are told not to eat the flesh of a swine, which do you believe, refrain from eating swine or eat anything as you have quoted.
What do you in a case like this?

When was I told not to eat swine?  You were told not to eat it.  Israel was told not to eat it, for a good reason I'm sure.  I wasn't told not to eat it.

Answer this loco. Do you believe that Jesus is GOD?

Yes, of course Jesus is GOD.  Jesus said that he is GOD.  The Jews know that Jesus said that he is GOD.

John 10:30-33
"I and the Father are one."
Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"
"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

John 14:8-9
Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 07:05:53 PM »

Did you know that?

Yes, I knew this.

Muslims believe that Jesus:
1. Was born of a virgin, Mary
2. Was sent by GOD the Father
3. Performed many Miracles
4. Is in Heaven now
5. Is coming back soon

What sets Muslims apart from Christians is that, unlike Christians, Muslims believe that Jesus
1. Is not GOD,  is not the son of GOD.  Allah is the only GOD and Allah has no son.  There is no Trinity.
2. Jesus did not die for our sins.  Jesus did not die at all, but was taken up to Heaven alive like Enoch and Elijah

These last two are the most important to Christianity.  Christians believe that Jesus is GOD and that he died for our sins and that he rose again.  So Muslims are in no way the Christians of today's time, as McKee said earlier.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 02:21:53 AM »

Youre stupid, #1 for thinking I'm a christian #2 for thinking eating swine is a sin

Swine was a sin 3000 years ago because it was killing people in the desert who couldnt prepare it properly.

Do not have kids >:(

Actually, "swine" isn't any healthier today than it was 3,000 years ago.  It may take a little longer to do damage, but it will help shorten your life.  Read "The China Study."  Excellent book. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 01:08:21 PM »

Eating pork is not a sin but was part of Mosaic Law which applied to Jews.   I'm not sure what the reason was, other than maybe a health issue, and/or a set-apart issue, but the Mosaic Law does not apply to gentiles (Christians would be considered gentiles).

Does it say that in the bible some place?   And if moses law applies only to jews why include it in the bible?  And if you think about it, every thing talked about in the  NT and OT all applied to jews.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 09:29:41 PM »
Does it say that in the bible some place?   And if moses law applies only to jews why include it in the bible?  And if you think about it, every thing talked about in the  NT and OT all applied to jews.

I don't think the dietary stuff in Leviticus was part of the "old" law.  I haven't read that part in a while, but I don't recall any verses specifically saying it was. 

Part of the Bible is a story of history, so I don't see a problem with including things that happened in history, including old laws like animal sacrifice.